Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The EFL either gave their consent or they didn't. It really is that simple. If they didn't we are screwed, if they did they havnt a leg to stand on. 

They said they gave consent and then extra information came to light. It all depends what that extra information is.

If you tell your wife you're going to Blackpool for the weekend and she says fine but you don't tell you're going with your fancy woman when she finds out you can't say "but you told me I could go".

lol

• Haha 4

Can't get my head round why it's not possible to prove one way or another...and apparantly no fooooker knows why.

How hard can it be for a man, to point to the rule book and say look...'it says it here'......'you can't / can backdate accounts.

Or DC saying, point to where it says it's illegal to backdate / sell ground / how much for etc etc.

If it ain't in the rule book they can go fooook themselves :biggrin:

Just now, sherlyegg said:

Can't get my head round why it's not possible to prove one way or another...and apparantly no fooooker knows why.

How hard can it be for a man, to point to the rule book and say look...'it says it here'......'you can't / can backdate accounts.

Or DC saying, point to where it says it's illegal to backdate / sell ground / how much for etc etc.

If it ain't in the rule book they can go fooook themselves :biggrin:

I think the case may be it wasn’t in the rule book but it should have been , it is now , and we want to change the goalposts 

Ultimately, it will boil down to what, if any, new information came to light, which led to the EFL to renege on their previous approval. 

If nothing did come to light, or what did come to light was nothing of real substance, then we are probably ok. 

If that isn't the case, then we are even further up a certain creek without a paddle. 

What I will say though, is why oh why did Chansiri not just buy the stadium sooner? Why leave it to the last minute? 

Was he haggling over price with himself? 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

This is another thing, if they find the club guilty and they charge DC with misconduct surely he’s getting banned ?    

That will be fantastic, the only person with the means to keep the club afloat getting banned 

Here’s the thing mate. We don’t have any clue about the nature of the ‘multiple counts of misconduct’ they are charged with or about sanctions for such actions if proven

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Ultimately, it will boil down to what, if any, new information came to light, which led to the EFL to renege on their previous approval. 

If nothing did come to light, or what did come to light was nothing of real substance, then we are probably ok. 

If that isn't the case, then we are even further up a certain creek without a paddle. 

What I will say though, is why oh why did Chansiri not just buy the stadium sooner? Why leave it to the last minute? 

Schitzophrenia....would..errr.. xplain some of the stuff lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Id question why he bought it if he thought there was ANY doubt that he could bypass FFP by doing so,  something doesn’t add up , may well be the chairman’s fault but i ain’t sure I’m convinced 

No point in worrying about what might be. If it happens then it happens. Nothing we can do as fans to influence this. Inevitably we will be there again to pick up the pieces if the worst happens. If it was so clear cut we were going to get hit with a points deduction it would have happened by now. There’s clearly a lack of substantial evidence form the EFL hence the delay. Our lawyers will be lapping this up. This to me is the EFL posturing after looking incredibly weak over the last few years.

Guest Ferkorf
4 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Why, so we can try to rebuild the squad under an unbongo in summer?

would have thought it’s in our interest to drag out the arbitration for as long as possible and if we lose that to do the same with the disciplinary hearings

That would be relevant if I mentioned we were getting a deduction.

Cheers though for second quote of the day stating the obvious

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Id question why he bought it if he thought there was ANY doubt that he could bypass FFP by doing so,  something doesn’t add up , may well be the chairman’s fault but i ain’t sure I’m convinced 

I still dont know how you can sell something and declare you sold it a year sooner

Is it just me thats not particularly worried about this?

If we are found "guilty" I cant see more than 9-12 points being deducted, if thats the case, I don't think we will be in the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

So as we are no longer looking like we have any chance of finishing top 6 it really makes no difference.

I just want the end of the season to come so we can make "another" free start lol

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If nothing did come to light, or what did come to light was nothing of real substance, then we are probably ok

If that were the case, surely the EFL would have dropped charges by now...because if they / we end up in court, they are gonna look very stupid.

They can't argue in court over an interpretation / guess of the rules....can they?

Summat int reyt.

8 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

If that were the case, surely the EFL would have dropped charges by now...because if they / we end up in court, they are gonna look very stupid.

They can't argue in court over an interpretation / guess of the rules....can they?

Summat int reyt.

We are in court though - well kinda one step down from formal court proceedings in arbitration