Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

39 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I still dont know how you can sell something and declare you sold it a year sooner

And all the time getting professional accountants to sign it off 

32 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

If that were the case, surely the EFL would have dropped charges by now...because if they / we end up in court, they are gonna look very stupid.

They can't argue in court over an interpretation / guess of the rules....can they?

Summat int reyt.

Summat definitely ain’t reyt,  for the club/Chansiri to go for arbitration is very brazen , there’s some serious confidence that they’ve done nowt wrong behind the scenes 

Surely the EFL makes this stick ?  There gonna look very very stupid if they get an unlawful charge verdict thrown at them 

5 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

If we get a deduction and go down as a result (therefore directly DC's fault) what is he likely to do? Get out when he can and take a huge financial hit (unlikely), sell ground to claim a bit back (not many would want to buy anyway as it's unlikely to get planning permission to build on), keep club but wash his hands of it so left to wither and die? Charge us rent on the ground?

Really fear a Coventry type scenario myself. 

Me too, if he spits the dummy out,we could be playing at Bramall Lane!

Guest Theboylangers
1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

WE..as fans, honestly have no real idea ..Do we?

Does the manager?.. Do The Staff?..The Players?

Would explain the abysmal drop off in any sort of form...not a slow burner is it...Form diving off a cliff...

Just cos we miss Fletcher?

I remember an ex chairman having a battle with F.U.D

Fear Doubt and Uncertaincy

Well thank f.ook theres none of that in this bloody dogs breakfast at the minute!

A nine or 12 point deduction..,I fear it...expulsion...I doubt it..but I'm uncertain about it all.

Any accountant who signed off on this without being absolutely CERTAIN..it was legal, wants hanging.

It surely can't be hard to simply follow the rules as laid out, any loopholes found and acted upon need to be points of CERTAINTY, absolute facts...or its totally shady ground and not bloody ethical surely?

Risking the short term future of the club, never mind the long term threats that are being bandied about is not worth it.

Does DC know for certain what he's doing?

I fear he doesn't

I doubt he does

I'm uncertain he actually knows what he's doing

You're just a FUDDER.

lol

54 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Is it just me thats not particularly worried about this?

If we are found "guilty" I cant see more than 9-12 points being deducted, if thats the case, I don't think we will be in the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

So as we are no longer looking like we have any chance of finishing top 6 it really makes no difference.

I just want the end of the season to come so we can make "another" free start lol

Just don’t share your optimism - points deduction of 9-12 points will send us down in my view.

I was told that as soon as you started the sale process, the asset changes from being an unvalued asset to being a valued asset, or summat like that, because an actual valuation has been arrived at, usually by an independant valuation but not necessarily. Then the valuation can be used in your accounts, which means that whether or not you have sold your valued asset, the asset now has a known value and that value is a good enough one for your acounts. The EFL base their assesments on our accounts and not on what they want our accounts to show them, so if they want to say, yes but you haven't actually sold your ground in these accounts, that could be where legal matters could get sticky, especially as the EFL were said to be working closely with us on this one. It makes you wonder if the EFL are actually stuck in the middle of a battle between Boro and SWFC.

I personally think we are going to kop for it especially with the league clubs getting together at the end of this month. With all the rubbish going on right now I half expect to see us relegated with a very heavy deduction as an example to others and half expect us to get away with a lighter points deduction as a compromise, but either way lets have it done now and move on.

5 hours ago, nilsson said:

There is an update there... confirmation that we’ll face the commission before the end of the season and that other championship clubs are pushing for a points deduction.

Some of our fans still blaming sky, the EFL and other clubs for the failings of our owner

The decision isn't up to the other clubs. It will be made by the independent panel. It's independent, not owned, controlled or governed by the other clubs.

It's proved it's independence already in all the cases that have gone before it by being more lenient than EFL wanted.

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

The decision isn't up to the other clubs. It will be made by the independent panel. It's independent, not owned, controlled or governed by the other clubs.

It's proved it's independence already in all the cases that have gone before it by being more lenient than EFL wanted.

They can push to get it resolved this season though.

If you were at Barnsley, Luton, Wigan or Stoke you’d want any points deduction for us to take effect this season

Yet the same clubs are ok with parachute payments and FFP/P&S? :ph34r:

DC should have ran us far more sensibly but the system as long been bodged, and the EFL don't give a poo. It's great being a Wednesday fan but football as long been broke and died when the Football League sold out and bent over to the biggest clubs and Sky to create the Premier League.

We'd probably be in Middlesbrough's shoes by now if we hadn't bottled the Wembley Play Off Final but at least we'd have had parachute payments to buy more overpaid wasters like flipping Rhodes. WTF: :duntmatter::ghoulguy:

I’ve said it before, I believe Wednesday have acted above board and have done nothing wrong. Now the EFL are having a go at Derby and Birmingham again, the only way this is going is the club’s will tell the EFL to go and do one. Other clubs will follow knowing the Premier league 2 is just around the corner,  I say bring it on !!      UTO 

2 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I’ve said it before, I believe Wednesday have acted above board and have done nothing wrong. Now the EFL are having a go at Derby and Birmingham again, the only way this is going is the club’s will tell the EFL to go and do one. Other clubs will follow knowing the Premier league 2 is just around the corner,  I say bring it on !!      UTO 

Could you provide a detailed summary of your accountancy qualifications, and maybe a summary of your expertise in football finance, with a focus on the FFP rules. 

• Haha 5