Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

Just now, lanzaroteowl said:

But we won't have any huge losses hanging over us.

We have reset.

Hopefully learning from previous mistakes.

But with a few better players than that we started this period with.

Maybe we wont lose as much but still very likely to have significant losses next season.
Players like Westwood and Rhodes still under contract next season.

I hope we have a few better players then we started with but with our track record of recruitment I cant say I am that confident.

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

It’s an absolutely ridiculous ruling whether clubs agreed to it or not. We are not in any debt to creditors like previously. 

One man is funding is with his own money and is prepared to keep doing so. The short sightedness of the EFL is incredible. If they had any duty of care for clubs they would make sure owners have to put a bond on clubs so they couldn’t leave clubs with huge debts like Bolton had. 

Not to mention a salary cap is needed and the scrapping of parachute payments. But hey other clubs smell blood so let’s jump on that and pretend it’s all in the best interests of the league. 

we should ask SKY for OUR parachute money, did they overlook it?

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Maybe we wont lose as much but still very likely to have significant losses next season.

I hope we have a few better players then we started with but with our track record of recruitment I cant say I am that confident.

me neither.

Thing is...they better get this sorted pretty quickly. 

Be slightly farcical if say there are 3 games to go or something and they hit us with a 12 point deduction. 

Whole thing is a shambles from us to the EFL. 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

27 years being miserable supporting this club. 5% highs 95% misery. Didn’t even know we were playing against Luton until the 60th min and no idea who we’ve got this weekend. Done with it all tbh 

only 27, you lucky *******, I daren't count it...

1996 was my 27th.just in time for all hell breaking loose.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, September65 said:

The lack of information on how long this process is going to take is ridiculous. You can argue the club, by counter-threatening the EFL, has contributed to this. But it's still completely arbitrary as far as I can see. Why can't the EFL confirm the date they will announce the decision? Why does it take so long? 

There don’t appear to be any guidelines on the timeframe for EFL arbitration cases. For FA Rule K arbitration there is an expectation that a hearing will be held within 17 weeks of commencement. If, as Biggsy tweeted a couple weeks ago, the hearing is expected at end Feb then things have moved pretty quick. It was 27 December that the club announced that they were bringing an arbitration case against the EFL

There's nothing new here apart from maybe the point that the ruling will come before the end of the season, but even that looks like conjecture rather than fact.

This reads like a planted story to remind everyone how terrible we are and to keep this story high up on the news agenda to keep the pressure up for a significant punishment.

Now, what sort of curly haired smoggy crybaby would go squealing to the media about other clubs conduct......

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I'm with you on that.

Thought Rhodes contract was up this summer though?

Just looked he'll be still here

Edited by lanzaroteowl
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, RichieB said:

I wouldn't worry, we have decided to give ourselves a self imposed points deduction over the last two months. That should keep the EFL happy. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

I've heard we wont get a points deduction because chansiri has some dirt on the EFL in his locker. True or not I'm holding on with hope.

Tbf why would we be punished when they say yep can sell then punish for selling it's wrong all wrong

They said extra information became available. 

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

27 years being miserable supporting this club. 5% highs 95% misery. Didn’t even know we were playing against Luton until the 60th min and no idea who we’ve got this weekend. Done with it all tbh 

My feelings exactly. 20 years for me. 

In the past we had blind optimism to cling on to, now we know for sure we're going nowhere. 

Isn’t it flippinggreat being a Wednesday supporter at the minute. Personally will be very surprised if they don’t charge us and dock us a big number of points. Makes this pathetic point return since Christmas even more annoying because we could be desperate for points to keep up up. Tw@ts. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

4 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

There don’t appear to be any guidelines on the timeframe for EFL arbitration cases. For FA Rule K arbitration there is an expectation that a hearing will be held within 17 weeks of commencement. If, as Biggsy tweeted a couple weeks ago, the hearing is expected at end Feb then things have moved pretty quick. It was 27 December that the club announced that they were bringing an arbitration case against the EFL

Wasn’t Biggs saying the decision on whether the basis of the charges was lawful was expected this month - not the actual tribunal itself. 

55 minutes ago, vulva said:

If it were another club we would be asking for the same punishment. 

Really?  Have we asked for the same to happen to Derby, Reading or Aston Villa - who all have sold their stadium in a similar fashion?

I'm not aware that we have, but I could have missed something.