Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

8 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Hope they are doing the same to the other clubs who sell stadiums to the owners for profit 

The EFL rule change in 2016 made it possible for owners to do that. It’s not what we have done that is wrong but how we did it - allegedly

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

If we get a deduction and go down as a result (therefore directly DC's fault) what is he likely to do? Get out when he can and take a huge financial hit (unlikely), sell ground to claim a bit back (not many would want to buy anyway as it's unlikely to get planning permission to build on), keep club but wash his hands of it so left to wither and die? Charge us rent on the ground?

Really fear a Coventry type scenario myself. 

Keep faith with the club.

Now £2 million in profit.

Clean slate to start over.

New beginnings.

We've been there before.

Nowt to slit our wrists about.

• Haha 1

I’d amazed to if the EFL hit us with a deduction that effectively relegates us. They gave Birmingham a points deduction that effectively meant f**k all in the grand scheme of things last season

My guess is between 9 and 12 and a big fine or ban for Chansiri

Edited by Stoop

21 minutes ago, RichieB said:

"Wednesday were charged by the EFL in November and will face the disciplinary commission before the conclusion of the current season." 

I've heard we wont get a points deduction because chansiri has some dirt on the EFL in his locker. True or not I'm holding on with hope.

Tbf why would we be punished when they say yep can sell then punish for selling it's wrong all wrong

4 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

If we get points deducted, does it reset our ffp to 0?

Not if we stay in the Championship.

If we're relegated I believe League 1 financial controls are based on a wages cap & if/when we get promoted back to the Championship I presume our FFP/P&S would start again at 0.

9 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

If we get points deducted, does it reset our ffp to 0?

No as it only applies to the period of the infringement. So if this is for last season, we get it this or the start of next then the calculation is based on the 3 year rolling.

The grey area is if, the EFL don't allow the sale in the 2018 account then they have to allow it in the 2019 accounts so either way the sale is included as profits, just when it is included as the rules still have not been changed to prevent other clubs doing this.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

No as it only applies to the period of the infringement. So if this is for last season, we get it this or the start of next then the calculation is based on the 3 year rolling.

The grey area is if, the EFL don't allow the sale in the 2018 account then they have to allow it in the 2019 accounts so either way the sale is included as profits, just when it is included as the rules still have not been changed to prevent other clubs doing this.

Are you a 100% sure that they dont reset. As I am sure I read they did. And if you think about it the whole 39 million thing is based on 3 years rolling. so they are punishing us for a three year period. So therefore that 3 year period should be reset.