EFL have two weeks

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Are you joking? So you dont count all the multi-season ticket deals, the over inflated match day tickets, 1867 club etc to be our money? DC did. He asked us to help him and we did. The overspending charges are levelled at the club, not DC personally. Surely we all wish they were? If DC got fined, his money (and our money) that has been invested in the club, would be a lot safer without a big point deduction and a club fine.

As I said he is subsiding the club with his money. If we want to be competitive we will be loss making until/if we get promoted. Wetting the bed over something that might happen is a joke

15 minutes ago, jomaco said:

If they say well now we'll punish you even if you get to the PL then, surely it would be too late to implement that? If us (or others) then why not Wolves who it looks like were the worst offenders? It's gunna get messy...

Don't think they broke any rules...they would have if not promoted, their gamble paid off.

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Isn't this the second time that the EFL have accepted a clubs accounts to then turnaround months later and level charges?  

I'd like to see the EFL charges tested in court. I'm not a legal expert, but I think they would struggle to enforce them.

They even lost an appeal to their own independent panel over Bolton's points deduction.

Having allowed a loophole to exist, going back retrospectively to try and rectify, having already ratified accounts for the period is a big ask IMO and not something they would get away with, outside their own kangaroo court. 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2020 at 22:03, 442 said:

To hand out a points deduction otherwise we’ll be penalised next season.

If we’re found guilty of course.

Bit suspect on the timeframe. They tend to rule at the end of an investigation, which is towards the end of the season usually.

47 minutes ago, BrumBlue said:

Could be worse, you could possibly be getting deducted twice in 2 seasons. We should just start every season on minus 9 and be done with it. 

For what its worth i dont want either to be deducted. Stop stealing our limelight. 

As one derby fan suggested on Twitter, why doesn't every club spend what they want and we can all start next season on -21 points. Problem solved :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, striker said:

As one derby fan suggested on Twitter, why doesn't every club spend what they want and we can all start next season on -21 points. Problem solved :biggrin:

Rotherham start level after winning promotion and still get relegated. :tango:

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Isn't this the second time that the EFL have accepted a clubs accounts to then turnaround months later and level charges?  

They are a joke. Their league is about to explore in front of their eyes if they arnt careful.