EFL have two weeks

I don't think they're in any position to dish out points in that timescale.

Big opportunity for the team to redouble efforts for a playoff place at least, maybe more if our local competitors continue to implode.

If we do manage promotion they can't touch us ( if found guilty ) until we drop back to the championship.

Game on. :ph34r:

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

We will be in the Prem next season so it won’t matter :Chansiri:

I was told rule change this year;

Prem and efl to work together, and will implement any punishment dished out by the guilty clubs former league.

In effect you could be relegated in the summer before a ball is kicked.

No idea how that would work btw..

1 hour ago, 442 said:

To hand out a points deduction otherwise we’ll be penalised next season.

If we’re found guilty of course.

Not sure about that but we’ve got the arbitration case to get through, then if that goes against us the disciplinary commission hearings, then if that goes against us a possible appeal. Hard pressed to get through all that before the end of the season.

I think its almost certain we will get a deduction of some kind but its difficult to set a precedent on something with loose ends on the EFL's side as much as ours, the club are choosing to play it up where the EFL would probably wish to play it down, 6 point deduction probably best case scenario where ELF avoid the media scrutiny that would come from some landmark ruling

• Haha 2

There seems to be a strange sureness that points deductions and/or fines wouldn't apply if we reached the Premier league. The EFL have been talking to the PL about transferring any deductions when they were investigating Villa and I suspect that they would push very hard for it to come into force. Mainly to stop another QPR situation.