EFL have two weeks

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

For anyone that understands all this, are Derby in as much trouble as we apparently are or haven’t they been as naughty according to the EFL? 

The only difference I see is the losses. According to the EFL charge, Derby didn’t lose as much as us so they’re looking at a slightly less points deduction 

27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

For anyone that understands all this, are Derby in as much trouble as we apparently are or haven’t they been as naughty according to the EFL? 

Looks like Derby could face up to a 12 point penalty. 

Not sure, but I suspect their charge relates to the valuation of the ground. 

With us, I believe the valuation of the ground is one issue and the other is when the transaction was completed. 

• Thanks 1

Worth nothing that once again it is the Telegraph reporting that x club could face a points deduction. 

It has been that newspaper which broke the stories about Gibson wanting to review club's accounts, Boro trying to bring lawsuits against Derby, the EFL etc.,and I'm pretty sure it was them who first published the fact we could face a 21 points deduction. 

Call my a cynic, but does anyone get the feeling that the Telegraph are on Steve Gibson's speed dial? 

Edited by SiJ

How many clubs they threatening with points deductions now ???   Championship will be full asterixs by time they done , or should I say by time Steve Gibson is done 

38 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Worth nothing that once again it is the Telegraph reporting that x club could face a points deduction. 

It has been that newspaper which broke the stories about Gibson wanting to review club's accounts, Boro trying to bring lawsuits against Derby, the EFL etc.,and I'm pretty sure it was them who first published the fact we could face a 21 points deduction. 

Call my a cynic, but does anyone get the feeling that the Telegraph are on Steve Gibson's speed dial? 

If Steve Gibson was so against clubs spending money why did he accept bids from us for Reach and Rhodes?

Edited by SallyCinnamon

The EFL charge on Derby is a strange one.  After the ground sale they'd made a loss of £8m over 3 years yet the EFL have charged them for breaking the £39m barrier.  

So has the EFL accepted Derby's ground sale being included in the 2018 accounts but readjusted the sale value for P&S purposes. If DC wins his claim against the EFL will they turn round & say ok so you can put the ground in the 2018 accounts but  we're going to readjust the value & you'll be charged for overspending anyway. 

Derby said in September they “adhered to the profit and sustainability rules” over the sale of Pride Park. “The stadium was subject to an independent professional valuation before sale, nearly 18 months ago, and the EFL indicated in writing the arrangement was in accordance with its rules and regulations,” the club’s statement said. “The EFL cannot now, long after approving the arrangements, suggest Derby County breached the rules.”

Sounds familiar :biggrin:

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

So has the EFL accepted Derby's ground sale being included in the 2018 accounts but readjusted the sale value for P&S purposes. If DC wins his claim against the EFL will they turn round & say ok so you can put the ground in the 2018 accounts but  we're going to readjust the value & you'll be charged for overspending anyway. 

Not sure but I think the charges relate to FFP prior to the ground sale, hence 9pts deduction is widely tipped (same as brum)

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Not sure, but I suspect their charge relates to the valuation of the ground. 

I don't think so, could be wrong of course

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

The EFL charge on Derby is a strange one.  After the ground sale they'd made a loss of £8m over 3 years yet the EFL have charged them for breaking the £39m barrier.  

Appears the sole issue with Derby is the valuation of PP nothing more. EFL apparently value PP at around £45-50m not £80m which would mean Derby potentially break FFP by losses of just a few million hence the Birmingham penalty looking straightforward if so. Having said that next year they are again stuffed when new accounts are done same as we'll start to be.

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Not sure but I think the charges relate to FFP prior to the ground sale, hence 9pts deduction is widely tipped (same as brum)

I don't think so, could be wrong of course

Ground sale is factored in, just the valuation of it could tip them one side of £39m or the other.

6 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Assuming the sale value was indeed 'independant', I can't see how the efl can win.

It does seem strange that the EFL appear to be accepting our £60m valuation for an old in need of refurbishment Hillsborough but only value Pride Park at £45-50m.  

Worryingly the EFL may not be questioning our valuation yet because they don't believe it should be included in the 2018 accounts.  If DC loses his argument with the EFL we could end up with a points deduction for the 2018 three year period end & one for the 2019 three year period end when the EFL have adjusted our ground valuation.  

Hopefully that's me being overly pessimistic & not understanding the rules & procedures.

5 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

As I said he is subsiding the club with his money. If we want to be competitive we will be loss making until/if we get promoted. Wetting the bed over something that might happen is a joke

Your jokes need a bit of work chum and bed wetting is something you must be used to if you come on here just to be the big man. Its a forum whats your problem? You dont want to talk about where all the money comes from fine by me, you say something stupid and now you're feeling clever about it? Sad attitude mate.