EFL have two weeks

Guest Ferkorf
14 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Good statement from Derby and very familiar. 

It was a while ago I read the one we put out but it almost seemed identical.

On 17/01/2020 at 16:17, sherlyegg said:

Not itk by any means but how can the efl fine us for overvaluing? Surely we would then have case with the independant valuers whom no doubt would then sue the efl...to protect their integrity..blah blah blah.

I just can't see how the efl could win on the valuation point.

Look up the EFL ffp rules 2019/20 and there is a line about overvaluation, or words to that effect, but I read somewhere that we had the ground valued independantly. If that is true and it was done before the end of our financial year, then according to an accountant mate, the value of the ground changes from its fixed asset value (which hopefully was a low value) and the new valuation could be used as a saleable value, or something like that. So although the sale of the ground had not yet gone through, the value of the ground would have gone up to the new valuation for the sake of our accounts. I'm not an accountant, but my mate reckons that we should be able to get through ok as long as the valuation is good, which as you say, can be debated anyway. The fact is that market values and sale values go up and down all the time and if the buyer is minted...

Fingers crossed til the big day in court then, but have the EFL taken on too much with us and Derby? I can see both clubs getting dodgy refs to the end of the season either way.lol

9 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Look up the EFL ffp rules 2019/20 and there is a line about overvaluation, or words to that effect, but I read somewhere that we had the ground valued independantly. If that is true and it was done before the end of our financial year, then according to an accountant mate, the value of the ground changes from its fixed asset value (which hopefully was a low value) and the new valuation could be used as a saleable value, or something like that. So although the sale of the ground had not yet gone through, the value of the ground would have gone up to the new valuation for the sake of our accounts. I'm not an accountant, but my mate reckons that we should be able to get through ok as long as the valuation is good, which as you say, can be debated anyway. The fact is that market values and sale values go up and down all the time and if the buyer is minted...

Fingers crossed til the big day in court then, but have the EFL taken on too much with us and Derby? I can see both clubs getting dodgy refs to the end of the season either way.lol

iirc we haven’t been charged for over valuing the ground. 

On 17/01/2020 at 22:16, striker said:

Be interesting to see Middlesborough's next accounts, parachute payments now run out which was the only reason they complied with FFP, £6m loss in 2018 which included some player sales. Don't recall any meaningful sales since, another chunky loss inbound for 2019? Wouldn't surprise me if Gibson became less pious going into next season, with a poo squad and losses hurtling towards the FFP limit. Just a shame their ground is only worth about 20p.

Middlesbrough now have a wage cap for players no more than £10k a week for anyone. Legacy contracts still running are still honoured obviously.

I think their acccounts will be better than most 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Now extrapolate that to the amount of money he has...and you have...

Not sure what he's worth.  However going on the figures reported on here, somewhere between 0.04 and 0.06%.  

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

If we get 6th on goal difference then the evil EFL would only need to give us a One point deduction to ruin it.

They would say that they were being generous in only giving us that punishment. 

If we aren't in the mix at the end of the season and they haven't dished out our punishment I hope they don't punish us with a massive points deduction next season. That would be a double whammy .

No promotion this season and no chance next.

What could be worse?

From EFL point of view a points deduction this season wouldn't  make much difference if we aren't in Playoffs. There is no prize Money per position in this league.

Just wish they would get on with it.

They can't just get on with it, as we're (quite rightly) challenging the legality of the charges in the courts.

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I thought they had dismissed that?

I'm probably wrong. 

I don't think so - see the Biggs tweet a few posts earlier in this thread.

Maybe you're thinking of the SAG issue which also went to court?

To be fair, it's hard to keep track of all these court cases we're involved in!

5 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I thought they had dismissed that?

I'm probably wrong. 

No Biggs reported yesterday that the initial arbitration hearing to determine the legality of the EFL charges would probably be before the end of February. 

8 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

First decision to be made is whether we've a case to answer. If so then the EFL will determine the punishment. Hopefully the first decision will be made this month. Nobody wants this dragging on till next season. 

First decision to be made is at the arbitration hearing which decides if the EFL are legally allowed to bring the charge. If deemed illegal that should be the end of the matter. If legal the independent panel have to decide if we are guilty of the charge or not.

• Thanks 1