EFL have two weeks

Just now, bradowl said:

Everton have just reported a loss of over £111m for last year, given their league position and already been knocked out of cup things are unlikely to improve this year. 

I wonder what will happen to them.

Nothing as the premier league doesn't want to de value it's own competition. EFL should take note.

Derby County have been charged by the English Football League for a breach of spending rules and now face a possible points deduction.

The charge relates to losses in the three years up to June 2018, despite the £80m sale of their stadium to owner Mel Morris, which saw a pre-tax profit of £14.6m in their 2017-18 accounts.

Spending rules allow Championship clubs to lose £39m over a three-year period.

The club has been referred to an Independent Disciplinary Commission.

In March 2019, Birmingham City were deducted nine points by the EFL for a similar charge of breaching profitability and sustainability rules.

The Rams are 17th in the Championship and 10 points above the relegation zone.

In the 2017-18 season, which covers the 12 months between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018, Derby recorded a pre-tax profit for the first time in 10 years.

In the three years under review by the EFL, the club recorded combined pre-tax losses of just over £8m.

And while that appears well below the £39m of allowable losses set out in league rules, the sale of its Pride Park home which allowed them to turn the profit in an attempt to meet financial regulations has come under scrutiny.

Must be something to do with sale of stadium because an £8m loss over 3 years is nothing.

The whole thing is a shambles from top to bottom.

From the EFL to the clubs themselves. 

Honestly, I think we are well on our way to a crisis comparable to the ITV digital fallout. 

Proper can of worms this and I think there is a very reasonable chance of mutiny among clubs. 

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Does this mean Derby may go to court before we do?

Thats good news if so

Chuck 'em in see if they float...Its only Derby FFS! lol

Birmingham and Derby maybe before us. Chansiri has brought us some wiggle room.  Mind you the derby chairman seems pretty shrewd, would imagine he has a trick or two up his sleeve to throw at the EFL.

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Everton have just reported a loss of over £111m for last year, given their league position and already been knocked out of cup things are unlikely to improve this year. 

I wonder what will happen to them.

Well, the board of the Premier league are looking into Usmanov's £30 million injection for "naming rights" of the new stadium that's not even got footings yet. 

Slightly away from the losses I know but are being looked at none the less. 

this is a mess , I guess each commission for us and derby and Birmingham will be different . what happens if we get 21 points derby 12 points birmingham 9 points ,then we would take the efl to court . if you have punishments they have to be written on a document stating clubs going over 39 million will receive 15 points deduction ,10 million fine, and 1 transfer embargo , and set rules what you can and cannot have in your accounts and in each financial year . I think there is a rule that an owner cant say sponsor the club shirt by more than a certain amount etc . surely if that's true then every other rule should be set in stone so it can be quite clear if you break the rules you know the penalty . I can only see chaos with all this. this is all the efls doing. 

Edited by handworth52
s