EFL have two weeks

18 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If this is the case why didn't EFL block QPR from play-offs and eventual promotion a few years back?

I think because qpr went the court route...delaying. They did actually settle out of court in the end for £40m ish.

I believe the rules have recently changed but I would think there is FA they can do until after any court hearing. I presume, for instance say we went to court in May this year and we lost they could stop us going up ( assuming we were promoted)

Foook knows what would happen if the court date was well into next season, i doubt the prem would expel us.

The efl will be praying we are not promoted

Still think the efl have foooked up mesen..

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Swindon Town in 1990 were denied their promotion to the old Div 1 because of financial irregularities.

Not quite the same given that Swindon were charged with no less than 36 breaches of league regulations over a 4-year period. 35 of these were financial breaches to which they pleaded guilty and they later admitted to a further 20 offences. 

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not quite the same given that Swindon were charged with no less than 36 breaches of league regulations over a 4-year period. 35 of these were financial breaches to which they pleaded guilty and they later admitted to a further 20 offences. 

How dare you come on here spouting facts that contradict the usual anti Chansiri agenda from the OT intelligencia!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I didn’t say it was the same. The question was whether a club had been denied a promotion in the past and the simple answer was that Swindon had.

• Haha 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What 'agenda'?

I'm just trying to work out what Everton's situation has to do with the EFL. As far as I know, the EFL have no power over Premier League clubs?

As I said read the full post - I’ll spell it out for you she says that the playing field isn’t level across all leagues - that was her point 

7 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Check the EFL rules yourself mate, thats the only insight you need. What's your interpretation? This is a forum and I am expressing my opinion on the rules as I have read them. I am quite happy to be put right, or consider other opinions, but surely the EFL would have acted before now if their case was sound. The dates of the transactions must be straightforward after all. I can see that delaying judgement could be more complicated, but the EFL rules appear to be straightforward. They just do not appear to be explicit enough, if they want clubs to file their accounts in a way that does not have the same flexibility as normal business accounts. Haven't people questioned  our accounts on these forums before? 

This is what gives me a glimmer of hope.

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

As I said read the full post - I’ll spell it out for you she says that the playing field isn’t level across all leagues - that was her point 

No, of course it isn't a level playing field, but the EFL can't do anything about the Premier League clubs; they're governed by a separate entity. Of all the dirt we can throw at the EFL, the fact that Everton have spent loads seems to be pretty low on the list.

What 'agenda' were you accusing me of having, anyway?

30 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

This is what gives me a glimmer of hope.

Me too. That and an accountant telling me that debt/profit can be spread over several sets of accounts going forwards or backwards over a short number of years. If the EFL are using those same accounts, then it seems only common sense that according to their own rules, we are in the clear. If I am missing something I wish the negative comment makers would explain how the EFL have got a case against us, because I have asked them and they gave me a load of waffle and said that they cannot comment further while the case is ongoing! Maybe there is something else, but hopefully not.

11 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Nope but there is no potential 21 point deduction headline in that

People also forget the fairytale club Bournemouth broke the rules as did Wolves.

Bournemouth were fined 4.75 million which would hardly have deterred the likes of DC from overspending given the revenue to be gained. That season their wage bill was more than double their income.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

How about we set up a community supporter group, canvassing donations from say an anonymous wealthy Thai businessmen and provide shirt sponsorship next season,  if we raise enough we could even sponsor the ground. A great way to resolve FFP and we could call ourselves 'fizz the EFL' :biggrin:

....."and now on Soccer Saturday another goal for Sheffield Wednesday, lets mmediately go to fizz the EFL"

Edited by striker

On 13/01/2020 at 22:31, sherlyegg said:

I was told rule change this year;

Prem and efl to work together, and will implement any punishment dished out by the guilty clubs former league.

In effect you could be relegated in the summer before a ball is kicked.

No idea how that would work btw..

That would be the most Wednesday thing ever. 

Got to be true.