Poor today and his lack of mobility when played without Fletcher or alongside another immobile player is glaringly obvious.

I wouldn't blame Dave but the way he is being played.

Wrong choices by Monk today, who is trying to work with what he has..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Club needs a overhaul from top to bottom. Nuhiu out, Rhodes out,winnall out.

Lees out lee out etc 

Too many been at the club for a long time and the bench needs freshness .assistant manager wise as we carry too much sentiment and sentiment gets you nowhere. 

True, we won’t see that till the summer at the earliest however.

58 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

And Nuhiu is like an elite level player compared with those jokers.

He’s frustrating and a limited forward who tries his best.  Which is what I’ve always said.

Today’s performance was dogsh*t and Nuhiu shouldn’t be starting games right now.

You’ve got to blame Monk for that, not Atdhe.

Blame Monk all you like but what were the alternatives from the squad he inherited ?..

Fletcher injured/ill
Rhodes, given another chance but failed again

Forestieri apparently injured

Winnall short of game time but used as sub.

Hooper gone

Joa gone.

wait til the end of January before blaming Monk for his team selection.

37 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Well I certainly wouldn’t have gone 442 today.  F*ck knows why Monk is carrying on with that formation given that the main reason he started using that regularly was to get the best out of Fletcher, who obviously wasn’t available anyway.

Winnall should have started.  That I do know.  Then it’s a case of who partners him.

Personally I would have started Rhodes and Winnall.

They've proved in the past that they can play together.

Then should have kept it on the floor for the through ball and wingers cutting in. We won nothing in the air and weren't going to either. Play round big lumpy centre backs with quick passing not through them or in the air.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Blame Monk all you like but what were the alternatives from the squad he inherited ?..

Fletcher injured/ill
Rhodes, given another chance but failed again

Forestieri apparently injured

Winnall short of game time but used as sub.

Hooper gone

Joa gone.

wait til the end of January before blaming Monk for his team selection.

Scroll up 8 posts and you’ve already got my answer as to what my front pairing would be.

I would have played Winnall, probably with Harris playing as a second striker.

Edited by Westfield Owl

Walks around the pitch most of the time, or gives the most bone idle trott (or that could be his run). I really have had enough, yes thanks for the very few memories but we need to get this guy out. Think of the strikers we potentially may have had in the last six years in his place, you never know 

Edited by FreshOwl

Nuhiu against both Shawcross and Batth with passes being lumped up to him - he was always going to struggle.

Winning headers has never been his strength. Ever. Let alone against two imposing centre halves.

From a tactical perspective it was the wrong choice from the start.

Nuhiu himself - tactics aside - was poor with his touch and link up play today. Even when he did get passes to feet, things broke down.

Not completely his fault.

Not completely blameless.

4 hours ago, darra said:

Defensively we ship two late goals but hey let's blame one of our forwards for it. :blink:

Nice use of spin. He is utter garbage when playing, not his fault for late goals though. One of those people that has wangled a contract out of a club with dire recruitment. 

14 hours ago, Thewednesdayway000 said:

By far and away the worst player I have seen in a wedneday shirt carnt run carnt pass carnt jump pepole say he scored goals yeah I could score goals 20 goals after 7 season at a club absolutely awfull

Never rated him. Like playing a Sunday league centre-half as a Championship striker. The only time he has ever done ok is as

a sub, where teams are

so confused by his presence on the pitch. Mystery how we

gave him a new contract yet got rid of Hooper. 

I think Monk would be happy to offload Dave, Rhodes, Winnall and Forestieri if this enabled him to bring in another 2 strikers and a winger. 

Cant stress how important fletcher is to us. 

I think we are 3rd best side in the division which isn’t bad given the poo options we have up front. 

Impact player at best ..

Not got the right qualities to start games especially when we're under the cosh from the off ...

If Fletcher isn't available next game then we need to give Winnall and Rhodes a few games together or promote a wide man up front (murphy whos pap) ..

We  need some players in jan ffs

I’ve often thought that one of the reasons our current forward options have struggled over the years has been down to a lack of decent service. I think in all honesty this has improved this season perhaps not considerably but improved all the same.

Our current options are one paced perhaps with the exception of Forrestieri who isn’t a forward in the traditional sense.

Fletcher has been immense this season and generally has been while he’s been here but keeping him fit and available has always been an issue. Keeping him fit as we’ve seen over the Christmas period is crucial for us this season.

Rhodes and Winnall may or may not attract interest in January but they may be needed here but as the last three years have shown we can’t really rely on them to produce.

Nuhiu is not a starter, never really has been TBH. He’s always been more effective coming off the bench. Do we try to keep him beyond this season? It may very much depend on where we are but he’s a useful player to have around but he’ll always split opinion amongst the fan base.

We do need fresh options up front particularly with mobility and pace to go forward but what we we’ll be able to do is probably down to how this situation with the EFL pans out?

15 hours ago, Thewednesdayway000 said:

By far and away the worst player I have seen in a wedneday shirt carnt run carnt pass carnt jump pepole say he scored goals yeah I could score goals 20 goals after 7 season at a club absolutely awfull

* can't

Worst ever player? Nuhiu isn't even the worst striker in the current squad.

And I bet this thread wouldn't even exist if we hadn't chucked away a lead in injury time when he wasn't even in the pitch? In fact if he'd been on the pitch we may well have defended those crosses a lot better.

Nuhiu has been picked by all the last six or so mangers he's played under - either willingly or in the absence of any alternative.

He pretty much sums up the last 5 yrs or so at Hillsborough - a sort of confusing hallucination.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Never rated him. Like playing a Sunday league centre-half as a Championship striker. The only time he has ever done ok is as

a sub, where teams are

so confused by his presence on the pitch. Mystery how we

gave him a new contract yet got rid of Hooper. 

Because he’s actually available to play games, hooper however never was.

23 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

We all know Nuhui’s attributes. Yes there limited but at times can be very effective. No reason to slag him off every time he has a poor game. 

He’s an impact player for home games really. It’s up to Monk to work this out and address it in January.

Do we?...……………. Wracks brain.....Nope can't think of any.      sorry

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, alanharper said:

* can't

Worst ever player? Nuhiu isn't even the worst striker in the current squad.

And I bet this thread wouldn't even exist if we hadn't chucked away a lead in injury time when he wasn't even in the pitch? In fact if he'd been on the pitch we may well have defended those crosses a lot better.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that we never looked like scoring while he was on the pitch either......it’s no coincidence that he went off and within 10 minutes we’d gone from 1-0 down to 2-1 up

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1