1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Poor today. With the rest of the outfield. 

Not even the worst player on the pitch.

It all hangs on the attackers if they have the ball or bringing in other players then they are defending as well.  To often the ball goes to them and the attack justs breaks down as they fail to control and pass the ball or take the attack to the opposition.  The aren't doing the basics.

The answer is in the transfer/loan market as it's certainly not at Hillsborough unfortunately.

I'd play Fletcher and FF upfront next game regardless of injuries or illness.   They can't do worse.

14 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

4th in the league and calling for boos

Perspective needed. 

Bad day at the office, unexpected result, limited options upfront and after 90 mins it looked like the substitutions had worked.

When Bruce left we'd all have taken 4th at Christmas.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Thanks 1

Nuhui is, I hear,  a good guy to have around the squad for his positive attitude. He is also  quite skilful at times on the ball  - yet even the most ardent of his supporters claim only that he is 'a useful impact player for the last 10 minutes or so '.

His inability to move with any pace, to jump , to consistently get shots on target or to close down the opposition make him of very little use overall.  This requires others in the team to do those jobs for him - or to labour under the impact of him NOT doing those things .

Surely, when we are looking to cut our wage bill and our staff numbers further, he is one of the first who should go - especially as , like so many , he isn't getting any younger and is certainly unlikely to improve.  

Just now, 2roland2 said:

he’s talking testicles trying to get a rise as usual tibbs I never said any such thing..... 

This site gets a bit silly when we lose, especially in that manner.

Twice we've thrown lost a match in injury time this season. I can't remember it happening twice in the 45 years I've followed 'em. It's going to be that kind of season.

I'm amazed at where we are in the league and go into every match hoping we don't lose.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

All he ever did in the past was follow around certain posters or controversial topics and go against people and the grain to get bites. He must have a very sad and dull life, even doing it at Xmas. 
im a bit miffed at owlstalk tbh as I have now blocked him on three separate occasions and I can still see his posts. 

Absolutely no need for people to be tools like that. 

Forget it mate, it's Christmas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thewednesdayway000 said:

By far and away the worst player I have seen in a wedneday shirt carnt run carnt pass carnt jump pepole say he scored goals yeah I could score goals 20 goals after 7 season at a club absolutely awfull

prob not the worst bud,but maybe the slowest,and worst header of a ball for a targetman

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

how the fizz am I able to see this fool I have blocked?

i said I would never boo but they deserve a rocket up their arses you weapon. 

go back under your rock your the worst troll on the site  And a complete Bawbag 

Cos you said 'during' the game I take that to mean they need boos after the match

2 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

He’s an impact player.  A useful option to have on the bench to see a game out.

Rhodes and Nuhiu up front didn’t work against Bristol but we got away with it.  Monk should have seen that and changed it for today’s game.

He’s a frustrating player but the claims that he’s one of our worst ever players are ridiculous and childish.

Kim Olsen and Colin West are proberly two of our worst ever players plus others that i can mention ie Darren Potter.:tango:

2 hours ago, Thewednesdayway000 said:

By far and away the worst player I have seen in a wedneday shirt carnt run carnt pass carnt jump pepole say he scored goals yeah I could score goals 20 goals after 7 season at a club absolutely awfull

He isn't really is he, if he is you obviously didn't see Kim Olsen.

To be fair to Dave, he isn't up to this standard and better is needed to move this club forward.

We have the nucleus of a very good team, just needs taking to the next level, sadly the next level is about 5 levels above Dave's ability.

Today he won nothing. I’ve defended him before but there comes a point when you got to say it as it is. He offers very little. The 2 cb’s of stoke should have known they were in a game today with him 6’7 and 16 stone. Instead they passed it about at the back under no pressure or pressing and won everything in the air. Maybe a impact sub. But that’s pushing it. At least winnal put himself about and hounded the defence.

26 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Kim Olsen and Colin West are proberly two of our worst ever players plus others that i can mention ie Darren Potter.:tango:

And Nuhiu is like an elite level player compared with those jokers.

He’s frustrating and a limited forward who tries his best.  Which is what I’ve always said.

Today’s performance was dogsh*t and Nuhiu shouldn’t be starting games right now.

You’ve got to blame Monk for that, not Atdhe.

10 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

He’s frustrating and a limited forward who tries his best.  Which is what I’ve always said.

Today’s performance was dogsh*t and Nuhiu shouldn’t be starting games right now.

Made some very points there regarding Atdhe, because i do regard him as an impact player rather than a first team regular but his willingness to put a shift in for the team makes him a useful player to have around.:tango:

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It all hangs on the attackers if they have the ball or bringing in other players then they are defending as well.  To often the ball goes to them and the attack justs breaks down as they fail to control and pass the ball or take the attack to the opposition.  The aren't doing the basics.

The answer is in the transfer/loan market as it's certainly not at Hillsborough unfortunately.

I'd play Fletcher and FF upfront next game regardless of injuries or illness.   They can't do worse.

I agree he's had a stinker. Along with Rhodes and the people supplying them. 

Just think it off there isn't a thread for every players who's had an absolute nightmare today. And there's plenty of them. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Who do you suggest monk plays upfront then?

Winnall - Rhodes?

Winnall on his own?

Rhodes on his own?

Not exactly a great choice has he?

14 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Who do you suggest monk plays upfront then?

Winnall - Rhodes?

Winnall on his own?

Rhodes on his own?

Not exactly a great choice has he?

Well I certainly wouldn’t have gone 442 today.  F*ck knows why Monk is carrying on with that formation given that the main reason he started using that regularly was to get the best out of Fletcher, who obviously wasn’t available anyway.

Winnall should have started.  That I do know.  Then it’s a case of who partners him.

• Like 1