EFL Statement

14 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The aching disappointment for me is that the club is running well now..

Since sacking Jos the club has been run much better (ticket pricing aside).

Two good managerial appointments, some shrewd acquisitions and selling Joao for decent money.

It’s the two years after the play off final that has put us here.

5 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Since sacking Jos the club has been run much better (ticket pricing aside).

Two good managerial appointments, some shrewd acquisitions and selling Joao for decent money.

It’s the two years after the play off final that has put us here.

I honestly think that Jos was brought in on a budget to stick to a budget.. but the big earners were still being paid .. injured or not.. the only sense I can make of it was we were trying to force some high earners into a move..

40 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Absolutely right.

You have however ommited a 3rd and important point. The premier league, which is where all this lunacy started.

When teams are getting so much money in the premier league and then massive parachute payments then restricting the total allowed losses teams already in the EFL can make, particularly long termers like ourselves, Leeds, Forest etc, have completely had it as we would never be able to compete and eventually it would be a completely closed shop with a portion of teams already receiving parachute payments and any in the future just hoovering up all the best players as they would be the ones who could afford to pay the wages.

Money, greed and an unworkable structure has basically completely ruined football.

The owners bend the rules off the pitch and the players bend the rules on the pitch diving, feigning injury, timewasting, trying to argue with the ref to undermine them. It feels like at every level people are trying to bend or break the rules and get away with it. There is no such thing as the spirit of the game anymore.

I absolutely hate what football has become and as I've said before I only follow it still because i love wednesday and going to Hillsborough.

This^

The odds are increasingly stacked against teams outside the prem due to the massive imbalance in income.

Even if a club has a wealthy chairman his hands are tied and should a club infringe the rules the punishment is severe.

Maybe the authorities should put focus on developing the game in the non-prem leagues, better distributing the wealth for the wider benefit of the game, a proper clampdown zero tolerance on racism, eradication of corruption in transfer dealings...the list goes on. But no, these honourable objectives are continually given lip service as the the powers that be simply go after easier targets.

I loathe what football has become and despite our grievances it will never improve because those at the highest level are not listening, they are more out of touch than ever and ultimately don't giveafuck about any club outside the top flight.

Chansiri; invested best part of 100 million in Wednesday, employs hundreds of people, pays hundreds of suppliers, pays wages, has made Wednesday compete. 

Steve Dale: did none of the above

For all of the things we can criticise Chansiri for, he’s not a charlatan. He’s invested huge sums of his wealth in this club. I’m fairly certain he cares. 

Can we keep things a little more respectful? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Terrible situation we find ourselves.  

Things just seem to be getting worse and worse, like the last twenty years haven't been enough.  Absolute shambles we are even in this position.  

A radical shift in the way we conduct business is imperative for our own survival.  A major overhaul is required, both on and off the pitch.    

DC needs to take some responsibility as he is after all the owner who makes the key decisions.  

The people in charge of our transfers need immediate sacking imo.  If you look at our signings since DC took over, it has been pretty much a scatter-gun approach.  No long term planning, everything with a short term goal in place.  

These third party affiliates need booting out.  They are not football people.  

DC has spent a lot of money, wisely?  some of those decisions will be questioned undoubtedly.  

You would think with all the players we have signed, some we could have cashed in nicely and reinvested into the squad, not Wednesday no.

We have turbulent times ahead.  

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

I'm always a bit of a pessimist when it comes to the treatment of our club, but I fear a straight relegation - no points, just drop - and they will leave it as long as possible to make the decision public.

I just think right now Sheffield Wednesday are unpopular and looked down on, and I don't know why.   If FF were a southend player he'd have been found not guilty.   The segregation issues, the closure of massive parts of the ground.

I desperately want my pessimism to be unfounded.  

Ive thought this for a while too.

Its not a persecution complex, it’s the illogical succession of negative events occurring on the club (prior to DCs time too). 

I genuinely think there there are many powers that be in football that do not want any good for SWFC.  Like a form of unnatural justice. 

Guest Theboylangers
34 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Was Geoff not a bit of a rogue?

Not being funny but has Mr Farrell annoyed you in some way?

Everything he posts, you just go on about Geoff Sheard. 

It was years ago, move on? 

WAWAW? 

I reckon 12 points deduction, maybe an embargo, but we're used to being down the bottom end anyway and with Monk in charge we have someone more than capable of re-routing the slide 4 wins more than we had rights the ship, so button up, get out there, put the effort in and get on with it.  Nothing we as fans can do but turn up, we still saw the wins, so although it means we're lower than we should be, its not us that's done it, its the EFL with their "bouncing off the walls" approach to disciplining clubs and players.  No consistency.  Only way we as fans can answer the punishment in any negative way hurts the club, so best way is shut it and carry on whilst smiling, that p*sses bullies right off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

That bit is worrying & without reading all 60 odd pages maybe @mkowl has answered it or could answer it? 

I just have a feeling the EFL wouldn’t want any outsiders getting involved.

I'm pretty sure everything was answered and its all solved now, but I can't for the life of me remember what page that was on...

1 hour ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Absolutely right.

You have however ommited a 3rd and important point. The premier league, which is where all this lunacy started.

When teams are getting so much money in the premier league and then massive parachute payments then restricting the total allowed losses teams already in the EFL can make, particularly long termers like ourselves, Leeds, Forest etc, have completely had it as we would never be able to compete and eventually it would be a completely closed shop with a portion of teams already receiving parachute payments and any in the future just hoovering up all the best players as they would be the ones who could afford to pay the wages.

Money, greed and an unworkable structure has basically completely ruined football.

The owners bend the rules off the pitch and the players bend the rules on the pitch diving, feigning injury, timewasting, trying to argue with the ref to undermine them. It feels like at every level people are trying to bend or break the rules and get away with it. There is no such thing as the spirit of the game anymore.

I absolutely hate what football has become and as I've said before I only follow it still because i love wednesday and going to Hillsborough.

This is what society has become more widely as well. Never mind the details; they're boring. Look at the bright colours. Hear the loud noises. Be in awe of the celebrity players. Obsess about the glamorous clubs. Buy the chewing gum and the fluffy slippers. Visit our Twitter feed and pretend like we give the tiniest shit about you and your worthless team.

What? You want to be invited to the party too? Sorry; you're not one of the beautiful people. Now f*ck off.

15 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I honestly think that Jos was brought in on a budget to stick to a budget.. but the big earners were still being paid .. injured or not.. the only sense I can make of it was we were trying to force some high earners into a move..

It's clear something very unusual was going on during that period and I did speculate along these lines that Luhukay was appointed to be a short term sacrificial lamb for the almost inevitable difficulties that this strategy would cause. The notion that the manager exclusively was behind all those strange squad decisions was something I was not convinced by in the first instance and I believe it even less now.

For me the cost-cutting became clear when we ended the previous season knowing we would only have one senior centre back on the books (and he subsequently got injured), yet didn't bring anyone else in until after the first couple of games, and they ended up being unheralded, and quite likely (despite the cover stories) cheap.