EFL Statement

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This is what society has become more widely as well. Never mind the details; they're boring. Look at the bright colours. Hear the loud noises. Be in awe of the celebrity players. Obsess about the glamorous clubs. Buy the chewing gum and the fluffy slippers. Visit our Twitter feed and pretend like we give the tiniest shit about you and your worthless team.

What? You want to be invited to the party too? Sorry; you're not one of the beautiful people. Now f*ck off.

It's clear something very unusual was going on during that period and I did speculate along these lines that Luhukay was appointed to be a short term sacrificial lamb for the almost inevitable difficulties that this strategy would cause. The notion that the manager exclusively was behind all those strange squad decisions was something I was not convinced by in the first instance and I believe it even less now.

For me the cost-cutting became clear when we ended the previous season knowing we would only have one senior centre back on the books (and he subsequently got injured), yet didn't bring anyone else in until after the first couple of games, and they ended up being unheralded, and quite likely (despite the cover stories) cheap.

Strange times..a consequence of big wages and long contracts.

1 hour ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Absolutely right.

You have however ommited a 3rd and important point. The premier league, which is where all this lunacy started.

When teams are getting so much money in the premier league and then massive parachute payments then restricting the total allowed losses teams already in the EFL can make, particularly long termers like ourselves, Leeds, Forest etc, have completely had it as we would never be able to compete and eventually it would be a completely closed shop with a portion of teams already receiving parachute payments and any in the future just hoovering up all the best players as they would be the ones who could afford to pay the wages.

Money, greed and an unworkable structure has basically completely ruined football.

The owners bend the rules off the pitch and the players bend the rules on the pitch diving, feigning injury, timewasting, trying to argue with the ref to undermine them. It feels like at every level people are trying to bend or break the rules and get away with it. There is no such thing as the spirit of the game anymore.

I absolutely hate what football has become and as I've said before I only follow it still because i love wednesday and going to Hillsborough.

Post of the month...

And you are absolutely correct that the Premier League is a major cause not just because of the lack of trickle-down cash to strengthen the base but also rewarding failure by offering the huge parachute payments for relegated teams.

There have also been suggestions that a number of PL clubs are there on the strength of rule breaking, but being relegated with £100m in you back pocket makes a lot of those problems go away when those clubs end up back in the Championship.

As has often been stated on OT, maybe working out the S&P without including the parachute payments would be a much fairer way of levelling the playing field.

The trend is to concentrate wealth in a select few and whilst I think we are still quite a way from seeing an FC Wednesday of Sheffield, the situation at Bury is the start of a movement in football which may see the reduction in sustainable clubs as they crash out of existence.

13 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This is what society has become more widely as well. Never mind the details; they're boring. Look at the bright colours. Hear the loud noises. Be in awe of the celebrity players. Obsess about the glamorous clubs. Buy the chewing gum and the fluffy slippers. Visit our Twitter feed and pretend like we give the tiniest shit about you and your worthless team.

What? You want to be invited to the party too? Sorry; you're not one of the beautiful people. Now f*ck off.

It's clear something very unusual was going on during that period and I did speculate along these lines that Luhukay was appointed to be a short term sacrificial lamb for the almost inevitable difficulties that this strategy would cause. The notion that the manager exclusively was behind all those strange squad decisions was something I was not convinced by in the first instance and I believe it even less now.

For me the cost-cutting became clear when we ended the previous season knowing we would only have one senior centre back on the books (and he subsequently got injured), yet didn't bring anyone else in until after the first couple of games, and they ended up being unheralded, and quite likely (despite the cover stories) cheap.

Doesn't matter what you believe back up your assertions with evidence.  Otherwise it's just remains idle speculation and can be simply dismissed.  

1 hour ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Absolutely right.

You have however ommited a 3rd and important point. The premier league, which is where all this lunacy started.

When teams are getting so much money in the premier league and then massive parachute payments then restricting the total allowed losses teams already in the EFL can make, particularly long termers like ourselves, Leeds, Forest etc, have completely had it as we would never be able to compete and eventually it would be a completely closed shop with a portion of teams already receiving parachute payments and any in the future just hoovering up all the best players as they would be the ones who could afford to pay the wages.

Money, greed and an unworkable structure has basically completely ruined football.

The owners bend the rules off the pitch and the players bend the rules on the pitch diving, feigning injury, timewasting, trying to argue with the ref to undermine them. It feels like at every level people are trying to bend or break the rules and get away with it. There is no such thing as the spirit of the game anymore.

I absolutely hate what football has become and as I've said before I only follow it still because i love wednesday and going to Hillsborough.

What a post. 

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Doesn't matter what you believe back up your assertions with evidence.  Otherwise it's just remains idle speculation and can be simply dismissed.  

The whole f*cking site is based on idle speculation... gossip and opinion.. what are you on about?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I think the strange decisions like freezing out Westwood, Hutch, Boyd were just due to Luhukay being an awkward bugger who struggled to handle big characters. Nothing to do with FFP, I mean how much of a 'Clean Sheet Bonus' was Westwood on?! I mean it makes no sense to freeze out a player after the transfer window has closed. Especially one like Westwood in the last year of his contract with no resale value and no-one particularly wanted to sign on high wages.

What is particularly painful for me is that when you look at these debts of £60m, how much of these are due to Rhodes and Abdi - two players who have contributed the square root of bugger all? Must be about £15m (transfer fee and wages) for Rhodes and around another £10m for Abdi. We'd be just about within the line without those two jokers.

45 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Predict 10 point fine but with amount of time it takes EFL to sort these things out it wont come into effect until start of next season.

This could become really messy if this does rumble on and we make the playoffs then - obviously the club in 7th will start desperate for the points deduction to be brought into effect this season and could lead to more legal actions...

Edited by Emerson Thome

36 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

1373920596_giphy(15).gif.98a10eefc5178a76925974cf96ab9da6.gif

19 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

You have to agree though  ...

The "idle speculator" has hit two treble twenties and the bullseye with his post though ..

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

12 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Dismiss it if you like. That's your prerogative. But what a strange reply for an online forum about a football club. Am I supposed to feel affronted or something?