EFL Statement

Unfortunately we gambled, lost and then tried to flaunt the rules.  Most importantly and as suspected by most the attempt to work around the rules wasn't a good one.  Mr C's statements about how he knew financial fair play better than anyone look even more idiotic in hindsight than they did at the time.

The frustrating bit about it is that he could right off the losses with out a second thought, FFP wasnt setup for owners like Chansiri.  Man City wouldn't be the Club they presently are if FFP had existed 15 years ago.

There needs to be a change in the rules to allow the Super Rich to invest in clubs, even if it means they have to leave a bond or something similar with the FA to protect the club

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Shame the EFL don't read FB.. they'd climb down immediately and settle in our favour...fffs..

Point is she is an award winning corporate lawyer so should know what she's talking about.

8 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I don't want evidence for mundane speculation such as formations but for important matters such as this thread is discussing facts are very relevant.  

OK then.

It's already been pointed out in this thread (may have been @rickygoo, but I'm not going through all these pages to confirm it) that there seems to be some inconsistency between what the club is claiming in it's accounts and comments made by Chansiri in December 2018 (as quoted in the analysis by Kieran Maguire linked to elsewhere in this thread) regarding the problems we faced complying with the financial requirements. 

Not exactly documentary proof, but certainly a good deal more than 'idle speculation'.

We can meet to discuss it further if you like. But one pre-requisite is that you travel to the meeting by D-Taxi. :dry:

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

OK then.

It's already been pointed out in this thread (may have been @rickygoo, but I'm not going through all these pages to confirm it) that there seems to be some inconsistency between what the club is claiming in it's accounts and comments made by Chansiri in December 2018 (as quoted in the analysis by Kieran Maguire linked to elsewhere in this thread) regarding the problems we faced complying with the financial requirements. 

Not exactly documentary proof, but certainly a good deal more than 'idle speculation'.

• Excellent :) 

3 minutes ago, kidderminster owl said:

Perhaps it's time to let efl have their 5 mins of fame, then  clubs in efl tell em to f@#k themselves and start premier league 2..

I'd laugh my tail off if this ever happened.

On a serious note a few years ago there was talk of premier league 2 and we were mentioned as one of the likely candidates to join it, wonder whatever happened to it.

23 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

It’s just a rehash of what Kieran Maguire (PriceOfFootball bloke on Twitter) said in the Star.

See Here..

This a very good article from Maguire about Wednesday’s 2017/18 accounts and ground sale...

http://priceoffootball.com/sheffield-wednesday-2017-18-when-the-sun-goes-down/

Apologies if it’s already been posted (and it’s a long read) but some of the figures and graphs are eye opening.

This one shocked me... we posted losses of £37 million in 2017/18 and there were still 7 clubs in the championship with higher losses than us

B21C5994-44CD-48CD-BEE8-8EFC238EC6BB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

Not being funny but has Mr Farrell annoyed you in some way?

Everything he posts, you just go on about Geoff Sheard. 

It was years ago, move on? 

WAWAW? 

Its simple really.

He cosied up and was mates with a fraudster who would have completely shafted this club. Doesnt bear thinking about.

He acted ITK on here and was billy big balls.

Never had the guts to admit he was wrong.

Yet has the cheek to slag off Chansiri and sling constant dirt at.him. Sly snidey digs at CC or DC.

Or digs at fans calling people apologists.

Pot kettle black and just feel he should be called up.

Hope that clears it up.

I will disagree with others as DC has got things wrong in his tenure

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We knew it was coming but boy it still stings and we’ll have probably months of speculation, worry and accusations. For me I still think the chairman has tried his best and undoubtedly has his heart in the right place unfortunately he probably came in 5 years to late, had he come in after promotion and before the advent of FFP we would probably have been promoted a few years ago. So are we guilty,probably,are others, don’t know we can only hope our legal people can get us out of it. Could it have been avoided,obviously but I’d put money on people accusing the chairman of a lack of ambition 

so what do we the fans do? Simple we support our club, whatever happens our club will survive and eventually we will prosper remember WAWAW 

• Thanks 1

So many people talking so muchshit!

We gambled, we lost but the battle goes on.

Grow some you big set o’fannies!  Long way to go yet.  Wallow in doom or bathe in optimism.

Same old faces waiting for and wading in potential disaster.

God knows what you’d do if we did owt - you’d be lost.....

I told you so is more important than we’ve done well tha knows.

Pathetic!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

So many people talking so muchshit!

We gambled, we lost but the battle goes on.

Grow some you big set o’fannies!  Long way to go yet.  Wallow in doom or bathe in optimism.

Same old faces waiting for and wading in potential disaster.

God knows what you’d do if we did owt - you’d be lost.....

I told you so is more important than we’ve done well tha knows.

Pathetic!

pretending that everything is ok is pathetic.

9 minutes ago, ka58 said:

pretending that everything is ok is pathetic.

Everything is very obviously not ok but let’s have a bit of honesty - some folk would be absolutely gutted if it was.

We’re in the shitagain and some are rightly worried and concerned but there’s a little, vocal crew that are absolutely loving it.

I genuinely wonder why thefuck they even bother.  They seem to only be in it for this sort of stuff.

Stirring upbollocks, winding up so called fellow supporters.  More horrible than our current predicament.  Tragic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

I'll tell you why I haven't posted for so long. There's guys in here with 1000's of posts and that makes them think they know more about the club & football than anyone else in here. I remember last year someone with a few posts who made an excellent point but was put down by someone with 1000s of posts. It's not quantity, its quality that counts.

It was probably me and you from the sounds of it..glad you've got your confidence back..:tango:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Everything is very obviously not ok but let’s have a bit of honesty - some folk would be absolutely gutted if it was.

We’re in the shitagain and some are rightly worried and concerned but there’s a little, vocal crew that are absolutely loving it.

I genuinely wonder why thefuck they even bother.  They seem to only be in it for this sort of stuff.

Stirring upbollocks, winding up so called fellow supporters.  More horrible than our current predicament.  Tragic.

Do you geniunely believe there’s anyone on here who doesn’t want to see us do well? And if so, who are they?

Plenty on here saw this coming but were called allsorts by the ‘true fans’. That doesn’t mean anyone is happy to see it 

• Thanks 1