EFL Statement

5 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Do you geniunely believe there’s anyone on here who doesn’t want to see us do well? And if so, who are they?

Plenty on here saw this coming but were called allsorts by the ‘true fans’. That doesn’t mean anyone is happy to see it 

Yes but I can’t be arsed anymore.

I said I wouldn’t be drawn into thisbullshit again but I have been and now I’m out.

Que sera, sera...

Be reyt!

• Like 1

Here in the USA, and Wednesday does have quite a following here, we don't understand the concept of P & S.  Who cares how much money a Team loses?  If the Owner want's to keep losing money, he (or she) is free to do so.  As far as spending money goes, we have a thing called "salary cap", everybody gets to spend the same amount of money on Players, which prevents the scenario wherein one Owner can simply buy all of the good Players.  Let's say the "cap" is $100,000,000,  this means the Team can spend $100,000,000, they can sign, 5 Players at $20,000,000 per season, or one Player at $100,000,000 for one season, and so on.  Nobody cares whether or not the Team makes money, it's up to the Owner to decide about P & S, and billionaires, if they like something, don't care how much it costs to maintain, while it generates zero income, for instance 300' yachts, their own personal Boeing 757, grand estates in 10 different Nations.  This is Chansiri, he doesn't care about the money, he LIKES Wednesday.  His biggest mistake was in not realizing that he can't spend according to his ability to spend.

I like the mechanical structure of English Football, a Tier 4 Club can, and probably has, risen to the 1st tier, I do not like the financial structure of English Football.  In any case, I will continue to support SWFC, no matter the Tier in which we play.  Can't be any worse than the 1970's.  Call me a "happy clapper" or whatever, I call myself a Fan, for better or worse.  See you next Season, in whatever Tier.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, vulva said:

Do you get a reduced points deduction if you plead ‘guilty’?

If we do go down this route it has to be presented correctly to add maximum value. Best way would be for DC to do a remake of George Michael’s Outside video and send that into the EFL. Change the lycrics and bingo, proper middle finger to the establishment.:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mcmigo said:

When audit regulation is in the match day section, you know we are beyond the pale.

For balance I had the chicken bacon and leek pastie pre match last week. At £3.50 I thought it represented reasonable value for money and it remained hot throughout the eating process

10 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Slightly worried about the last one mk, from a layman's point of veiw

I really wouldn't concern yourself on the latter. We are talking high level fraud cases, the ones where share prices get ramped ahead of investment etc. 

I don't think a bit of accounting alchemy to offset FFP rules would come under scrutiny by the plod. Too busy keeping Leppings Lane safe for 200 away fans 

Guest Bulgaria
8 hours ago, darra said:

Found this just now on FB written by Katrien Miere

FB_IMG_1573858623374.jpg

She told me that she was taking a long shower, that's why my breakfast in bed was late!!

I knew she was up to something.

8 hours ago, darra said:

Found this just now on FB written by Katrien Miere

FB_IMG_1573858623374.jpg

For me the penultimate paragraph is key.

if SDLT (stamp duty) was paid at the time the club claims the transaction was completed,then I can’t see a problem. There’s surely no way it could be argued that we paid it in advance of the sale.

The auditors would have required a professional valuation to cover off the transaction being at arms length, so hopefully that base should be covered.

If however we didn’t pay SDLT when it would have fallen due, then we may be on a very sticky wicket 

7 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Everything is very obviously not ok but let’s have a bit of honesty - some folk would be absolutely gutted if it was.

We’re in the shitagain and some are rightly worried and concerned but there’s a little, vocal crew that are absolutely loving it.

I genuinely wonder why thefuck they even bother.  They seem to only be in it for this sort of stuff.

Stirring upbollocks, winding up so called fellow supporters.  More horrible than our current predicament.  Tragic.

I always enjoy your posts sonof but i can`t agree with this mate.

i will concede that there are some who ladle on the righteousness a tad too much but i refuse to believe that anyone on here would be "absolutely gutted" if we were doing well.

Work and family commitments mean i can only get to about 50 % of home games these days so there are plenty more on here who put much more money into the club than i do but it doesn`t mean i care any less, and it doesn`t stop me being extremely worried about how the club is being run.

As i said in a previous post, the warning signs have been there for quite a while, and were fast becoming more like klaxons, fake sponsors, begging for fans money up front, embargoes etc but, and it`s a big but , this could have been avoided if we had a structure in place.

A CEO or committee ( disbanding ours after a few months is looking like a bad move in hindsight)  who would NOT have sanctioned the Rhodes fee, who would have put a block on unnecessary signings who were surplus to requirements, or would have insisted on at least one major outgoing deal to offset losses.....they obviously knew what was coming, DC himself has admitted it on many occasions, yet STILL we refused to sell until it was too late , and regardless of whats been said i dont think they would have been accused of a lack of ambition had the fans been given the facts.

I hope i`m wrong and this turns out better than we think but i just can`t see it, and blindly hoping it wont and pulling the covers over our heads doesn`t make us better fans just like it doesn`t make people like me bedwetters.......it just means WAWAW and we all react differently to scary $hit like this, but glad to see us in the mire?....nah, i`m not having it.

We can point the finger in a multitude of directions apportioning blame, but the bottom line is DC has overseen this, ...well ... shambles, but hopefully all is not lost.

We are gonna have to take some short term pain (again) and unfortunately we are used to this, and the fact that our  neighbours are doing so well doesn`t exactly help ,  but the main point now is that DC HAS to swallow his pride, admit we`ve cocked up, and put in place a body of people who have knowledge and experience of running clubs at this level and ditch his current advisors who, even he must now admit, have got it badly wrong.

22 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

For me the penultimate paragraph is key.

if SDLT (stamp duty) was paid at the time the club claims the transaction was completed,then I can’t see a problem. There’s surely no way it could be argued that we paid it in advance of the sale.

The auditors would have required a professional valuation to cover off the transaction being at arms length, so hopefully that base should be covered.

If however we didn’t pay SDLT when it would have fallen due, then we may be on a very sticky wicket 

It would fall due on completion not exchange of contracts.

Accounting wise you would probably recognise the transaction in the books on exchange of contracts not completion, if it was a fairly binding contract.

There is no stipulation in law at the length of time between the two dates

So the stamp duty point is a red herring

7 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I always enjoy your posts sonof but i can`t agree with this mate.

i will concede that there are some who ladle on the righteousness a tad too much but i refuse to believe that anyone on here would be "absolutely gutted" if we were doing well.

Work and family commitments mean i can only get to about 50 % of home games these days so there are plenty more on here who put much more money into the club than i do but it doesn`t mean i care any less, and it doesn`t stop me being extremely worried about how the club is being run.

As i said in a previous post, the warning signs have been there for quite a while, and were fast becoming more like klaxons, fake sponsors, begging for fans money up front, embargoes etc but, and it`s a big but , this could have been avoided if we had a structure in place.

A CEO or committee ( disbanding ours after a few months is looking like a bad move in hindsight)  who would NOT have sanctioned the Rhodes fee, who would have put a block on unnecessary signings who were surplus to requirements, or would have insisted on at least one major outgoing deal to offset losses.....they obviously knew what was coming, DC himself has admitted it on many occasions, yet STILL we refused to sell until it was too late , and regardless of whats been said i dont think they would have been accused of a lack of ambition had the fans been given the facts.

I hope i`m wrong and this turns out better than we think but i just can`t see it, and blindly hoping it wont and pulling the covers over our heads doesn`t make us better fans just like it doesn`t make people like me bedwetters.......it just means WAWAW and we all react differently to scary $hit like this, but glad to see us in the mire?....nah, i`m not having it.

We can point the finger in a multitude of directions apportioning blame, but the bottom line is DC has overseen this, ...well ... shambles, but hopefully all is not lost.

We are gonna have to take some short term pain (again) and unfortunately we are used to this, and the fact that our  neighbours are doing so well doesn`t exactly help ,  but the main point now is that DC HAS to swallow his pride, admit we`ve cocked up, and put in place a body of people who have knowledge and experience of running clubs at this level and ditch his current advisors who, even he must now admit, have got it badly wrong.

Great post.

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It would fall due on completion not exchange of contracts.

Accounting wise you would probably recognise the transaction in the books on exchange of contracts not completion, if it was a fairly binding contract.

There is no stipulation in law at the length of time between the two dates

So the stamp duty point is a red herring

What makes things worse is the expert insight in the paper / radio that are basically rubbish.

Above is the key, date of exchange of contracts is date you recognise if the contract is binding to both parties.

Anyone with an ounce of practical accounting / auditing experience would understand this.