EFL Statement

10 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Absolutely right.

You have however ommited a 3rd and important point. The premier league, which is where all this lunacy started.

When teams are getting so much money in the premier league and then massive parachute payments then restricting the total allowed losses teams already in the EFL can make, particularly long termers like ourselves, Leeds, Forest etc, have completely had it as we would never be able to compete and eventually it would be a completely closed shop with a portion of teams already receiving parachute payments and any in the future just hoovering up all the best players as they would be the ones who could afford to pay the wages.

Money, greed and an unworkable structure has basically completely ruined football.

The owners bend the rules off the pitch and the players bend the rules on the pitch diving, feigning injury, timewasting, trying to argue with the ref to undermine them. It feels like at every level people are trying to bend or break the rules and get away with it. There is no such thing as the spirit of the game anymore.

I absolutely hate what football has become and as I've said before I only follow it still because i love wednesday and going to Hillsborough.

Post of the thread.

12 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Absolutely right.

You have however ommited a 3rd and important point. The premier league, which is where all this lunacy started.

When teams are getting so much money in the premier league and then massive parachute payments then restricting the total allowed losses teams already in the EFL can make, particularly long termers like ourselves, Leeds, Forest etc, have completely had it as we would never be able to compete and eventually it would be a completely closed shop with a portion of teams already receiving parachute payments and any in the future just hoovering up all the best players as they would be the ones who could afford to pay the wages.

Money, greed and an unworkable structure has basically completely ruined football.

The owners bend the rules off the pitch and the players bend the rules on the pitch diving, feigning injury, timewasting, trying to argue with the ref to undermine them. It feels like at every level people are trying to bend or break the rules and get away with it. There is no such thing as the spirit of the game anymore.

I absolutely hate what football has become and as I've said before I only follow it still because i love wednesday and going to Hillsborough.

Fantastic post, exactly how I feel , EFL can ram there league and everything they stand for 

know I keep going on about it but the way they watched Bury go to the wall sickened me, all the cash rich clubs in this country and none of it can be distributed down to a traditional old club like Bury ? Scandalous , and we’re here talking about financial ‘FAIR’ play 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Fantastic post, exactly how I feel , EFL can ram there league and everything they stand for 

know I keep going on about it but the way they watched Bury go to the wall sickened me, all the cash rich clubs in this country and none of it can be distributed down to a traditional old club like Bury ? Scandalous , and we’re here talking about financial ‘FAIR’ play 

The problem is, if the FL don't stand up to rogue Chairman, then said Chairman take the piiss.

Burys Chairman did it, and unfortunately ours has tried and got caught.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

The problem is, if the FL don't stand up to rogue Chairman, then said Chairman take the piiss.

Or fortunately for us in the long run maybe 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Ill add the epl to that, plastic rubbish, with there VAR problems. That are the end of the chuffing world.

When you have clubs, funded by a country, you cant compete. When clubs relegated, have vast sums, given to them. Guess what, you cant compete. 

When you have players being sponsored by a company, to "help" with ffp. Guess what your not allowed to compete. 

Is football even a sport anymore? 

Nah chuff it. Enoughs enough. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

We’re not seriously comparing Steve Dale to Chansiri,  and regardless of that ... the EFL had plenty of scope and opportunity to rescue Bury with a ‘rogue’ chairman or not 

Just now, Costello 77 said:

I can see this panning out like VAR on steroids.. promotion followed by a summer of nail biting to see if it's going to be allowed..

Be flipping funny that. Wednesday rocking up and causing utter choas league wise. Disrupting the epl product. 

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Ill add the epl to that, plastic rubbish, with there VAR problems. That are the end of the chuffing world.

When you have clubs, funded by a country, you cant compete. When clubs relegated, have vast sums, given to them. Guess what, you cant compete. 

When you have players being sponsored by a company, to "help" with ffp. Guess what your not allowed to compete. 

Is football even a sport anymore? 

Nah chuff it. Enoughs enough. 

100% on the money pal, couldn’t disagree with a single point you make 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

We’re not seriously comparing Steve Dale to Chansiri,  and regardless of that ... the EFL had plenty of scope and opportunity to rescue Bury with a ‘rogue’ chairman or not 

A rogue Chairman is a rogue Chairman.

It could be argued, that what with fake companies, unusual deals with Portuguese bearded men, ground sales to ourselves, the scale of our rogueness dwarfes Bury.

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Could this be the solution?

1. Contest the decision

2. Delay replies as long as possible.

3. Get automatic promotion.

4. We're in the premiership.

They can't touch us cos we're untouchable.

Down to Garry Monk to get us promoted. No pressure Gaz.

Screenshot_20191029-165321.jpg

Right now, might be pretty much, time for super poo or bust v2 to be unleashed. 

In all seriousness, the efl wouldnt allow us to sign players and no way are we going on an auto winning run, with our squad. 

Edited by Maddogbob

40 minutes ago, mkowl said:

First port of call would be the Financial Reporting Council who currently have the overarching power on this. 

They can basically say we think these accounts are wrong please re-do them. 

But if that happened the auditor would be asked to explain by whoever regulates them why that arose.

If they thought the directors were in breach of the Companies Act  then it is a criminal offence, they can be banned from serving as a director.

HMRC might take an interest, especially if they though tax had been underpaid

Police only if they thought it was fraudulent and false accounting was deliberate. 

When audit regulation is in the match day section, you know we are beyond the pale.