Pathetic

Sick of sating it we had Jos we don't want dross we don't want to wait until midway through 2nd half before we attack. It doesn't work it's crap to watch and we slip down the table look at last season 1st half. Been here before. We have good attacking players ffs use them to their potential. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Lee, Fox and Hutch. 

Ok. All 5 can go in my opinion. Probably £5m in wages a year between them. Ironically, you could argue the throw for Fox getting a new deal. Lee, Hutch and Fletcher have been brilliant signings, but we’ve needed a freshen up for well over 2 years. 

Edited by vulva

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Think I heard the commentary today mention that 5 of the starting 11 are out of contract this summer. Off the top of my head presume that Joey, Fletcher and 3 others???

Fletch wants to end his career here tho:mellow: 

He isnt at fault today mind, im not scapegoating

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

Ok. All 5 can go in my opinion. Probably £5m in wages a year between them. Ironically, you could argue the throw for Fox getting a new deal. Lee, Hutch and Fletcher have been brilliant signings, but we’ve needed a freshen up for well over 2 years. 

Agreed. I like Hutch, Lee and Fletch as players, but things can go stale at a club and I don’t think they’re suddenly going to fire us into a promotion challenge. 

17 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I’m with you pal

Sick of Wednesday ruining my weekends

If they don’t care then neither do I

Yep, I'm not letting it get me down.

Boxing and UFC later, forget Football.

I wasn't confident enough to stick Wednesday on my Acca, Rolando Aarons at Wycombe won me afew quid though.

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

Agree with this.  On balance I’m a little worried about performance levels, very little to get excited about other than relatively determined defensive efforts.  On the face of it our league position is encouraging but I never take too much notice of that until new year.

Overall I just don’t think we have the players for promotion.  Very little attacking impetus from full backs (especially down the right) and no real creativity in midfield. Banana is a nice footballer but falls between 2 stools - has never been Premier League calibre and doesn’t have the energy / physicality to sustain a challenge in the Championship.  Hutchinson offers little going forward and is probably a better centre half than holding midfield player.  And these are two of our better players.

Up front Fletcher always puts in a shift but will not score enough and needs a partner (or better support from wide players in a 433).

It’s true that in this league you just never know, and a play-off spot might be achieved, but right now I can’t see much evidence beyond blind faith to support that view.

THIS

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I can totally understand people’s frustrations tonight. 1-0 up with 7 minutes to go and we come away with no points is criminal. 

We shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again don’t we. 

It's not just that though pal ... We were bloody awful today and didn't really deserve much anyway.

• Like 1

Old habits die hard...

Game management was appalling. 

Yeah, we hadn't played all that well, but we really should be seeing that out against a struggling Blackburn side. 

Still not convinced we have the mentality to sustain a promotion push. Think we've got onto too many bottlejobs in our team. 

Edited by SiJ

Bit of an overreaction, yes we have a habit of conceding late on. 

All stems from not scoring enough, need a decent striker. Missing Hooper as think he puts more away.

Asotjrts have said need 5 new players 2 Def 2 mis and a decent finisher.

We will still get the play offs as a minimum and maybe autos. Not because we are anything special just no stand out teams at this point.

4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Bit of an overreaction, yes we have a habit of conceding late on. 

All stems from not scoring enough, need a decent striker. Missing Hooper as think he puts more away.

Asotjrts have said need 5 new players 2 Def 2 mis and a decent finisher.

We will still get the play offs as a minimum and maybe autos. Not because we are anything special just no stand out teams at this point.

Maybe it is. But I don’t think a side serious about promotion do what we did today. 

It’s hard to tell where we are because this league is so open. I think it will start to take shape in the next few games. I’m not convinced we have it in us. Unless we can stay in touching distance until January and then make some additions. 

49 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Full backs aren’t good enough. Midfield isn’t strong enough. And strikers aren’t clinical enough. 

We address these four positions we might have a chance. Like Bruce said, we’ll need 3 transfer windows to sort us out. 

Well stop having a hissy fit then.

If, after 3 transfer windows we still aren't challenging, then by all means main.