Pathetic

3 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

We desperately need a RB ...... Palmer was absolutely awful again.... I mean back to being blindingly awful.

sauntering back, giving away needless free kicks, offering nothing going forward. The one cross he put in was catching practice for the keeper.

Mowbray realised how bad he was and sent everything down their left. Monk and Hutch we’re going apoplectic at him ..... absolutely shocking 

There will be a thread about a great block he did after the next game 

• Haha 2

Tbh I kinda mentally checked out of this season, when Monk was appointed. As his record shows, he wont be here next season

We're bang average this season, but it's our 3rd year drifting down FFP Creek ...

Hopefully we can follow Forest's example next season 

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Every team loses matches. That's Wednesday fans problem. We don't have a divine right to win football matches ffs.

Get over it, we've lost.

It's not the fact we lost it's the way it happens every time we cant game manage a match

1 minute ago, the monk said:

It is shocking football mate , but you could be right hang in there and see where we are 

Sick to the back teeth of this league 

I agree mate..Its shocking football.The whole league is for the most part

Some teams..like Brentford..have it spot on up front, but nowt at the back...We seem to have the back sorted but are weak up front...

Its a question of getting it ALL together....

Bannan and Luongo today would have made a difference, but you have to go with what you have...It worked for a bit...But bloody hell..letting that slip is worrying

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

We desperately need a RB ...... Palmer was absolutely awful again.... I mean back to being blindingly awful.

sauntering back, giving away needless free kicks, offering nothing going forward. The one cross he put in was catching practice for the keeper.

Mowbray realised how bad he was and sent everything down their left. Monk and Hutch we’re going apoplectic at him ..... absolutely shocking 

Lack of goals is our problem. we need to start putting games beyond the reach of the opposition by taking more of the chances we create.

Guest LittleG
Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Every team loses matches. That's Wednesday fans problem. We don't have a divine right to win football matches ffs.

Get over it, we've lost.

Nobody's said we have a divine right to win matches and if you think only Wednesday fans respond badly to a defeat then you're sadly mistaken. We've been out of the top flight for 20 years, I think we've earned the right to be a little cynical about our chances of returning there 

Fine, we leave it while the hour mark before making our first change.

But it was obvious - just as it'd been obvious throughout the first half, that we just need to get amongst their back line more - so why do we take 15 minutes after making the first change to finally bring on the one sub that was always bound to make the biggest difference today - Nuhiu?

FF hardly even touched the ball until Nuhiu came on the pitch. I don't really understand what the thinking was in bringing just FF on and leaving it another 15 minutes before bringing Nuhiu on.

Ultimately, I just felt - and not for the first time with Monk - he leaves it's later than I feel he ought to make changes.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Fine, we leave it while the hour mark before making our first change.

But it was obvious - just as it'd been obvious throughout the first half, that we just need to get amongst their back line more - so why do we take 15 minutes after making the first change to finally bring on the one sub that was always bound to make the biggest difference today - Nuhiu?

FF hardly even touched the ball until Nuhiu came on the pitch. I don't really understand what the thinking was in bringing just FF on and leaving it another 15 minutes before bringing Nuhiu on.

Ultimately, I just felt - and not for the first time with Monk - he leaves it's later than I feel he ought to make changes.

Agreed.

Needed changes at half time.

We we’re lucky to survive the first part of the second half 

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Lack of goals is our problem. we need to start putting games beyond the reach of the opposition by taking more of the chances we create.

Agree, this has been our problem all season. I'm sure Monk can see this and will hopefully do something about it in Jan 

4 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Tbh I kinda mentally checked out of this season, when Monk was appointed. As his record shows, he wont be here next season

We're bang average this season, but it's our 3rd year drifting down FFP Creek ...

Hopefully we can follow Forest's example next season 

His record doesn't ‘show’ that at all.

Guest Jack the Hat
30 minutes ago, erowl said:

We were very poor for 3/4 of that game ... Ans as for Pelupessy's corners .. WOW!

Certainly didn't deserve to win it and probably a fair result in the end

^^^this. We didn’t deserve to take the lead. Pelupessy and reach are passengers.

It’s frustrating more than anything.

Imho, there are no “stand out” teams this season, we’re as good as anyone else BUT we keep giving daft points away like we’re on some sort of charitable mission.

It has to stop, and as soon as it does, we’ll be flying.

So, sort it out Monk! Ta.

Edited by theowlsman

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

Agree, this has been our problem all season. I'm sure Monk can see this and will hopefully do something about it in Jan 

To get promoted from this league you need a 20 + goal a season striker. When was the last time we had one of those ?

I don't buy the argument 'we're 4 points off top'. Why always chase? Hold on vs Cardiff and win today and we would be top, with the chasing pack looking at us. We are throwing away points on a regular basis and it's why we're 7th and not 1st. It must be a Wednesday thing - We're scared of wanting to set the pace. 

No way we should be happy being where we are at the moment, because with a bit more bottle and belief we would be at the summit.

• Like 1