Pathetic

I have been today and that simply was not good enough. To lose a game, which to be fair was close, was unprofessional at best.

Teams who have ambitions don’t lose these games, we need to manage our performance, we had 7 mins to defend and claim 3 points against a poor (slightly poorer than us) side.

No points and fed up fans, Monk give them a kick up the ass.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, markowl said:

Well stop having a hissy fit then.

If, after 3 transfer windows we still aren't challenging, then by all means main.

Sorry for being frustrated about today’s performance. Hardly a hissy fit. Just sharing my opinion. Not sure a forum is for you, all you do is tell people they’re a pig or that they’re overreacting. 

ive been , the corners today were truly awful ,id expect much better in park with 14 year olds, we sat back ,far too defensive line up .we deserved nothing and yer we went 1-0 up on 84 min but it was totally out of the blue, they had 3 near certain goals,saved or cleared so when they got a bit of luck with there goals maybe it was deserved , I think blackburn today were poor but we were worse its going to be a mid table finish . 

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sorry for being frustrated about today’s performance. Hardly a hissy fit. Just sharing my opinion. Not sure a forum is for you, all you do is tell people they’re a pig or that they’re overreacting. 

The thread title is an overreaction.

Almost every post you make you shoe horn the pigs into it.

If Steve Bruce suggests it'll take 3 transfer windows to sort us out, I don't know why anyone can start getting frustrated about one match.

Was last Saturday pathetic when we could conceivably have beaten Leeds convincingly?

Have a little bit of perspective and I guarantee you'll enjoy your football a lot more.

Edited by markowl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, markowl said:

The thread title is an overreaction.

Almost every post you make you shoe horn the pigs into it.

If Steve Bruce suggests it'll take 3 transfer windows to sort us out, I don't know why anyone can start getting frustrated about one match.

Was last Saturday pathetic when we could conceivably have beaten Leeds convincingly?

Have a little bit of perspective and I guarantee you'll enjoy your football a lot more.

I don’t shoe horn the Pigs into posts unless I’m posting in a topic about them. Last Saturday wasn’t pathetic. But conceding two goals in 2 minutes after taking a 1-0 lead with 7 to go, is pretty poor. We’ve seen this happen before with this group of players. 

Perhaps the thread title is an overreaction, but i was frustrated straight after the result. Apologies for being passionate about my club. 

We are an average team in a bang average division. 

The games we've lost under Monk we shouldn't have lost had a slice of luck been on our side, but a lot our wins have been incredibly close too, it sums the division up to a tee, all the games are on a knife edge and lack much real quality if we're honest. 

I take huge comfort in the fact that we are relatively solid and so soon into Monk's tenure, although it's clear I don't think he'll have us playing like Barcelona if we can improve a could of notches from where we are currently we're certain shouts for the playoffs, if we can't we'll find ourselves just below. 

What I do like about Monk is his post match interviews, today again he was spot on with his assessment. Although many won't enjoy or agree with his tactics they've worked so far and would've worked today too if the team had've showed the same qualities they've done in recent months in the latter stages.

Are we going to be world beaters under Monk? No

Have we got a real shout if we build on this solid foundation? Yes.

Edited by Owls2k

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That's the thing tho pal I dont think some of our fans actually do. Majority yes but some definitely don't.

Have you never been to a Wednesday away match? Just walk around the pubs and in the stand, most of talk is about how many we'll get against inferior sides. 

I go to quite a few games and I've never encountered that type of comment. 

We deserved to lose today but.... 1-0 up with 7 mins with our defence we shouldn’t lose !

Westwood kept us in it then lost it us when we needed solidity !

Not just on this game but let’s be honest the full backs are not good enough.

Pelupessy should not be playing.

Reach has been poor all year and Fletcher is an old striker who were isolating.

Forestieri needs to be playing week in week out with fletch now. 

3 hours ago, Animis said:

I think we're a very similar team to that of 2016/17. Same Keeper; resilience at the back; practically the same midfield (certainly no improvement, which we needed); Fletcher up front playing for scraps. Only improvement is Harris really and you could argue Wallace gave us options; which Harris doesn't. 

My point being, in an equally poor division this year, we certainly could end up in the top 6.

That’s certainly possible, I wouldn’t rule it out entirely.  Where I think we suffer by comparison with 16/17 season is that keeper and most of midfield are that bit older and showing some signs of decline - certainly, as you say, no improvement.  Maybe most important is that Forestieri no longer provides the X factor he once did.

Also, in terms of competition, I think there are better teams than Huddersfield challenging for play-off spots.  Overall, I still tend towards view that top 6 is unlikely with current squad.

3 hours ago, edited said:

911DF443-1DDA-46FE-A8AE-48449693396E.jpeg

Based on footballing and financial reasons the only players I'd look to keep would be Fox and Dawson. Fletcher and Forestieri would only be retained on massively reduced terms, don't see either player dropping 50% though

13 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

That’s certainly possible, I wouldn’t rule it out entirely.  Where I think we suffer by comparison with 16/17 season is that keeper and most of midfield are that bit older and showing some signs of decline - certainly, as you say, no improvement.  Maybe most important is that Forestieri no longer provides the X factor he once did.

Also, in terms of competition, I think there are better teams than Huddersfield challenging for play-off spots.  Overall, I still tend towards view that top 6 is unlikely with current squad.

The league is very open - this is what will frustrate most fans of all clubs. I wonder how the average Fulham fan feels tonight fecing livid I imagine.

I wouldn't be surprised that we beat the league leaders next Saturday.

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I am fuming at that. 

Despite the clean sheets recently don’t think we’ve managed the last 20 of games very well at all. Today was coming. Shocking Wednesday. 

I'm starting to think we need more battlers in the team.

Apart from Hutchinson. Bannan, Westwood, Iorfa and Fletcher, who is there to dig in all across the pitch?

Maybe , just maybe, we're a bit lightweight. 

I hope I'm wrong.

Too many of our MF players lack any drive,purpose or ambition,they pose little threat to goal,they seem happy enough to pick up the money and do whats needed,but dont go the extra yard.

Its a midfield that was hastily assembled 4 years ago,Harris apart.It didnt get us promotion then and its far less chance now its older.

Striker wise we look very poor,no pace or mobility,very one dimensional,very predictable

Simply have to many bottle jobs 

When it comes down to the crunch and we need the big time Charlie's to step up they fail time and time again 

Playoffs ,chances to get in top 2 

Too many nearly men in this team 

And the wages they are getting doesn't justify what we get from them 

This team needs freshening up big time .I'd take rest of season with some young upcomers and finish midtable than paying reasonable wages for overpriced 'stars' who will take us to midtable .

Don't by into this no easy game.

I've seen the full 90 minutes of every single Wednesday game this season and teams have beat us not down to them been the better team but us been shyte .

Too many big time Charlie's in this team 

• Thanks 1