Pathetic

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Pre Chansiri though we had poor players. All we could hope for every year was to be solid, grind out results and finish mid table. Never looked like threatening the play offs once in 11 seasons at this level between 2000-2015. That means there’s no point getting bothered about it either way. 

Since then, we bought new players and are a better side.. but it makes it more frustrating because we still don’t make it look like we’ll get promoted when we could do it if we were just a bit better. We’re also paying rip off prices for the privilege so that raises people’s sense of entitlement. Then you look across the city and it makes you even more angry

Exactly. Higher expectations and people get angry when we lose, because now we're minted people think we have a right to win every game. We don't. 

We arent gonna role over teams because we now have a decent side, football doesn't work like that.

Who cares what the Pigs do. Let them have their fun in the sun for a year or two. Have Hull, Stoke and Huddersfield not taught you anything of what happens to Prem sides above their station get relegated?

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Again, that doesn't do anything to the point you're trying to make?

Clearly it does, you just don’t want to acknowledge it.

If you’re really struggling. List out the position of the teams we’ve beaten. Then list out the Position of the teams we haven’t beaten.

Just now, LittleG said:

I think you're way out of touch with the majority of Wed fans. We all know the "massive" thing is just tongue in cheek and I don't know one fan who thinks we only have to turn up to win. I think you need to get out and about amongst the true fans. As for the top 6, unless we improve our goal scoring I think we will be some way off.

That's the thing tho pal I dont think some of our fans actually do. Majority yes but some definitely don't.

Have you never been to a Wednesday away match? Just walk around the pubs and in the stand, most of talk is about how many we'll get against inferior sides. 

58 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Comments like "we should be beating teams like Blackburn" - I watched Blackburn's iFollow and they were saying exactly the same thing about us.

We're bog-standard mid-table, just like them.

We're far better than their tripe and were 10mins away from winning despite the poor performance. Everyone wouldve been saying thats the sign of contenders had we held out.

Need some perspective. We're still a good shot for top 6 this season.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Clearly it does, you just don’t want to acknowledge it.

If you’re really struggling. List out the position of the teams we’ve beaten. Then list out the Position of the teams we haven’t beaten.

So what you're saying is, we've beaten teams near the bottom and not the ones near the top?

You mean like every other team near the top of the division has so far?

The league is 15 games old. Looking into stats like that is pointless. We are where we are because we deserve to be, not because of who we have beaten.

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

How ?

He subbed FF on just like everyone has and had been asking for 

He subbed Atty on unless this is an Atty bashing post 

He subbed Murphy on who scored 

He went way too attacking. Should have kept a more defensive minded player on, but the fans know best apparently.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

So what you're saying is, we've beaten teams near the bottom and not the ones near the top?

You mean like every other team near the top of the division has so far?

The league is 15 games old. Looking into stats like that is pointless. We are where we are because we deserve to be, not because of who we have beaten.

none so blind

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

4 pts off the top, we go again. Need to stay within 6 up to the transfer window ideally. Anyone can beat anyone in this league look at Fulham today.

Agreed. Would be sheer meltdown on here had that happened to us.

Its a very even league, anyone can beat anyone. Down to Monks tactics and January signings as to whether we maketop 6.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He went way too attacking. Should have kept a more defensive minded player on, but the fans know best apparently.

Trying to win the game ?

If he had put on say Obudaju for example and the result was the same the OT tactical genii would have slaughtered him for not going for it 

Your and my disappointment is all in about a poor performance and a crap scoreline ..................we lost away period as our American cousins say 

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That's the thing tho pal I dont think some of our fans actually do. Majority yes but some definitely don't.

Have you never been to a Wednesday away match? Just walk around the pubs and in the stand, most of talk is about how many we'll get against inferior sides. 

Been to many away matches in the past (over 60 grounds) and of course you always turn up with the bravo tbat you're going to win. Doesn't mean that because we are the Wednesday we expect to win; it's just about being positive on the day. These days with home matches, I speak to many people who are far from confident that we're going to win, so to say us fans expect to win because we're Wed is so far from the truth; unless this is the reaction from your acquaintances.

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Exactly. Higher expectations and people get angry when we lose, because now we're minted people think we have a right to win every game. We don't. 

We arent gonna role over teams because we now have a decent side, football doesn't work like that.

Who cares what the Pigs do. Let them have their fun in the sun for a year or two. Have Hull, Stoke and Huddersfield not taught you anything of what happens to Prem sides above their station get relegated?

It’s not the losing games that’s the issue.. it’s that we were winning with 2 mins to go and we’ve lost the game. Would have complained about that when we had Chris Adamson in goal, it’s just poor.

The pigs are a bigger club than those 3 sides, their level is to be near the bottom of the prem or top of the championship. It’s us who are underperforming and have been for 20 years now

Not gonna throw the toys out the pram today. Wasn’t great however it’s almost a surprise to some people that this group of players can’t stay consistent. It’s not been done for the last 3/4 seasons so I don’t know what’s about to change now. 

Huge issue is goals, there aren’t enough within the team. Monk needs transfer windows, he’s doing great with what he has in my opinion but needs to be able to improve the team in the market and not just bring in squad players like we have in the past. 

27 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Nobody really cared aviht losing til we got to the playoffs the other season.

Like I say, that season gave some of our fans the thoughts that we could just turn up and win every game cos we're massive Wednesday. Not gonna happen, defeats like today happen. We'll still be around top 6 at seasons end, and hopefully in it 

That season when we finished 6th !! 3 or 4 wins better than last season ........reyt season wernt we spoiled ! 

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Not gonna throw the toys out the pram today. Wasn’t great however it’s almost a surprise to some people that this group of players can’t stay consistent. It’s not been done for the last 3/4 seasons so I don’t know what’s about to change now. 

Huge issue is goals, there aren’t enough within the team. Monk needs transfer windows, he’s doing great with what he has in my opinion but needs to be able to improve the team in the market and not just bring in squad players like we have in the past. 

Consistency comes from dominating the games, creating chances, defending well.. then by playing the percentages you end up winning more than you lose over a season.

We have the defensive side sorted for the most part.. but offensively we are poor. Most of our goals are from set pieces or blatant mistakes by the opposition. The wonder goals from prior seasons have dried up. And we have zero creativity. It’s because Fletcher is the target man, we have no other strikers who are any good. Harris basically gets the ball and runs towards goal every time.. you need that as an option to stretch the play but he isn’t going to get 20 assists a season. Reach is off colour. Then midfield without Bannan is poor. Hooper and FF are the big differences between this season and the play off ones