Where are the Reach haters?

I really don’t get any hate towards Reach. I just don’t.

He assists a ton, scores worldies when he does, he has legs, industry and pace. He has had some quiet times this season until today, but he carried us last season during some bleak times.

Who do the haters or critical people want in his place... Pelupessy?! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sweet Shezza said:

Poor by his own high standards. Not poor by championship standards.

Never stops running to take up good defensive positions and stretch the opposition defenders when we attack. He makes space for team mates even when he is off form, because he’s mobile and intelligent. 

Some Wednesday fabs don’t like him because he doesn’t get stuck in, like Messi and Ronaldo. They want another Graham Hyde or Andy Pearce.

Nothing to do with the post topic but I could not resist a quick quote for the hyde and Pearce sentence. I have never seen them before mentioned in the same sentence. Hyde 5 foot 6 high, skilful and a good tackler. Pearce 6 foot 4 not so skilful or good tackler either. I think Francis thought that des walker did not need a partner who had defensive skills. Des only lacked any presence of a fear factor. Pearce had that in abundance. Not so much hyde though. 

Although i get the op point in the post. I think the choices of those players as an example has made me chuckle to myself 

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Criticising somebody for being poor isn’t ‘hating’ I hate that stupid phrase . He’s obviously booked his ideas up so let’s enjoy that rather than point scoring against each other 

Spot on....

He needed to step up..He stepped up..fair play...But its ludicrous to believe he had been playing well ..... cos he hadn't..Its not hatred..its concern...

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He had nothing to ‘book’ up. He was just going through a quiet patch, wasn’t playing poorly or particularly brilliant. 

But our fans have to have a scapegoat and a groan when players maybe aren’t quite performing to their usual standards. Hate to say it, but the reaction United’s fans gave to Henderson when he made that howler today was exemplary. 

At the moment if that was one of our players we’d be raging. 

You don't half like giving compliments to the pigs and their fans. 

Just saying. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Would still take £5m for him in a heartbeat. He should be doing this every week.

Your interests are stated as Wednesday & the Cobblers.

I assume that means talking Cobblers.

Ps.

Your grasp of what he contributes is clearly flawed, your grasp of economics is non existent. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Your interests are stated as Wednesday & the Cobblers.

I assume that means talking Cobblers.

Ps.

Your grasp of what he contributes is clearly flawed, your grasp of economics is non existent. 

I just don't see him as a vital cog in a promotion side, certainly not on his last 18 months of performance.

He's headed for 27 and won't develop further, Joao aside we've lost £30-40m odd of player for nothing last few years.

Hope he keeps his form up and proves me and others wrong.

Wish I'd said it before the Boro game, but I don't think Reach has been poor this season at all. There have been some hilarious overreactions going on, but it's just the usual scapegoating and is to be expected from fans of most clubs really.

Our best players often get singled out for criticism when the team overall aren't getting the results we'd like, Reach and Bannan both fit into that category for me.

I gather Reach was even getting stick recently for being unfit when he's been one of the hardest running and least injury prone players every single season since he arrived here, you absolute maddos.

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The way to respond to some deserved criticism Should have done it earlier

Rather than focus on a excellent single performance from Adam, do you have any views on why our most recent results with and without him playing is so markedly different? 

With Reach playing at least half the match - W13. D7. L3

With Reach out or playing less than half the match - W0. D2. L3

• Thanks 1