Where are the Reach haters?

6 hours ago, sMacLean said:

I just don't see him as a vital cog in a promotion side, certainly not on his last 18 months of performance.

He's headed for 27 and won't develop further, Joao aside we've lost £30-40m odd of player for nothing last few years.

Hope he keeps his form up and proves me and others wrong.

His contribution was hugely instrumental in that win yesterday as it has been on many occasions over the last few years. On some occasions at the height of the injury crisis, he carried the team single handedly both in performance & the fact the he was available for just about every minute played.

The insults and lack of appreciation for possibly THE most consistent contributor over the last few years need to stop.

He needs to stay wide either in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. He is not a central midfielder. 

I like Adam Reach, he’s a consummate professional who is very much a team player and will follow the instructions of the manager.  

Personally, I think he’s capable of more but given he can play in a number of positions, this is hindering his progress. He is an attacking wide player for me. He’s not technically good enough to play in the middle and he’s reluctant to put a foot in when needed.

I think the constructive criticism is still valid, mainly that he needs to attack the six yard box, when the ball is on the opposite flank. Not so important on Saturday, when we were basically a 4-4-2, but absolutely vital when we play 4-3-3.

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sMacLean said:

I just don't see him as a vital cog in a promotion side, certainly not on his last 18 months of performance.

He's headed for 27 and won't develop further, Joao aside we've lost £30-40m odd of player for nothing last few years.

Hope he keeps his form up and proves me and others wrong.

Dont our last 28 games suggest he is important?

With Reach playing at least half the match - W13. D7. L3

With Reach out or playing less than half the match - W0. D2. L3

17 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He had nothing to ‘book’ up. He was just going through a quiet patch, wasn’t playing poorly or particularly brilliant. 

But our fans have to have a scapegoat and a groan when players maybe aren’t quite performing to their usual standards. Hate to say it, but the reaction United’s fans gave to Henderson when he made that howler today was exemplary. 

At the moment if that was one of our players we’d be raging. 

I think if we had a side that had come the distance that united have over the last few years, there's room to cut someone some slack when a 'clanger' gets dropped.

for instance westwood hasn't had his best start to a season this term, but i'm not hearing too many slag him off, and you'll always get the odd individual who will, even though he was likely drowned out in the pig crowd.

Bit of a sad post really and sums a few people up on here. 

Why not not just say well done Reach. Don’t think he has been given enough credit IMHO for the quality of his goal because of the scale of the victory. 

Think hes a really good player at this level. Always available and last season won us games by himself

• Like 1