Farcical

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You might laugh, but it wouldn't surprise me

And I know it wouldn't be a popular decision, but I'd take him back

He's probably our best chance of getting promoted

No one else currently out of work appeals to me

You might be right but it's now a trust thing and I for one wouldn't be comfortable with him coming back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

Maybe Chansiri is in negotiations to sell the club that's why there's no action on the manager front. New owners wanting to bring in their own man??

I've wondered about this possibility as he's kept a low profile even by his standards this summer?

After the QPR game, we then have an international break and 2 weeks before our next match. You would think that a decision will be made by club with either Bullen with experienced coach appointed or a new manager coming in.

Seems more sensible and logical to make a decision in this time then now.

2 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

After the QPR game, we then have an international break and 2 weeks before our next match. You would think that a decision will be made by club with either Bullen with experienced coach appointed or a new manager coming in.

Seems more sensible and logical to make a decision in this time then now.

If Bullen is going to be appointed, it makes no sense delaying a decision, which makes me think DC is waiting for someone to become available

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Let’s not go down this road again.

Feels like the only managers who are allowed to be in contention are the ones listed at the bookies.

There’s thousands of managers in Europe. Over 100 applied for this job, but none are deemed better than Bullen? 

Something doesn’t add up  

That's because the Geordies haven't sacked Bruce yet. Give it another 6 games! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, horny owl said:

The more I think about this the more I think it’s going to happen

Bruce almighty’s second coming

It would be funny especially as we got all that compo (allegedly)!

I don't mind nailing my colours to the mast. I'll name 7 managers I'd take over  Bullen:

1 Pearson

2 Karanka

3 Holloway

4 Rowett

5 Monk

6 Oscar Garcia

7 Pulis

Now you could argue whether they would come, style of football, success in their last job but what you can't argue is their experience in management and in this league. 

Go!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I don't mind nailing my colours to the mast. I'll name 7 managers I'd take over  Bullen:

1 Pearson

2 Karanka

3 Holloway

4 Rowett

5 Monk

6 Oscar Garcia

7 Pulis

Now you could argue whether they would come, style of football, success in their last job but what you can't argue is their experience in management and in this league. 

Go!!!

Pearson strong possibility the rest meh 

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I held huge admiration for DC in the way he handled the Bruce situation, and this admiration continued with some shrewd business in the window.

But the manager situation is becoming farcical. 

I think we have a good squad, a squad capable of getting in the play offs. But it needs structure.

Are we seriously going to keep plodding along with a caretaker in charge? It’s a bit tinpot/unprofessional. It’s been over 6 weeks, with allegedly over 100 applicants.

Sort it out and sort it sharpish 

Is the squad really better than last season? Fletcher is now bettering his career goals per match record but the team is still not scoring enough goals, the full backs are as poor as they have been for years and the midfield cannot create nor destroy opposition attacks. And still there is no big dominating centre back.

12 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

1 Pearson

2 Karanka

3 Holloway

4 Rowett

5 Monk

6 Oscar Garcia

7 Pulis

Go!!!

Pulis in that list I’d rather have AIDS:duntmatter:

3 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Bullen doesn't cost much?

In a relative way he might cost "nothing", as he's already on the club's payroll. Can't imagine he's had a pay rise, maybe the promise of some bonuses at best. 

29 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

1 Pearson

2 Karanka

3 Holloway

4 Rowett

5 Monk

6 Oscar Garcia

7 Pulis

Go!!!

add Mowbray to that list,and i'm with you

• Like 1

The cheap option is not always the most economical. Take Bruce on his 2 million per year, for instance. I reckon his transfer dealings probably saved DC his salary for the year whilst improving the squad. A couple more windows like that and we'd be well placed for next season. I'd be happy with Rowett or Monk but TBF LB has had decent results and I can understand DC giving him an extended run at it.

4 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Ah the old apologist question. 

Its irrelevant who any one on here would pick.

chansiri needs to pull his finger out and make a decision. 

Maybe his decision is to give Bullen a couple of months to see how he gets on rather than most of the fanbase who change their minds after every match.