Farcical

1 hour ago, sacré bleu said:

I've read dafter theories on here

Chansiri has been very quiet for the last 3-4 weeks since saying Bullen will take charge of the Reading game. Hopefully something has been happening behind the scenes rather than just seeing how it goes 

8 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

Must be more to it than just looking for a new manager. Even Mr. Chansiri wouldn't take that long. Maybe his time in America wasn't just holidaying. Do Disney do football clubs?

Yes I don’t believe Chansiri is just doing nothing as he cares too much about the club. It’s all gone very quiet.

I think Disney own Portsmouth, they are a Mickey Mouse club.

9 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Chansiri has been very quiet for the last 3-4 weeks since saying Bullen will take charge of the Reading game. Hopefully something has been happening behind the scenes rather than just seeing how it goes 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were being sold to someone else and it’s gone quiet until it’s all done. 

DC has probably thought he can’t spend to get into the Prem, all he’s doing is ploughing money into the club to tread water in mid table. What’s the point, I’d rather go to Disney World. 

• Thanks 1

In all seriousness I do wonder if he has perhaps accepted an offer and is just keeping the house looking presentable without spending too much whilst the new owners finalise the "mortgage". Wouldn't the new owners would want to refurbish anyway to put their own stamp on it so no point in making any changes now?

• Thanks 1

Sorry i know we lost on Saturday but still don’t get the panic. We have had a good start to the season overall and with a win on Saturday we’ll be in the playoffs and will have had a 100% start at home. What more would Gary Rowett do? Also all the people saying ‘just hire someone from Europe’. Maybe with no rush needed he doesn’t need to make a rash decision. Managers lose games. It’s about how they learn and react. Bullen needs more time unless there is a stand out candidate, which there isn’t. Stick with Bullen a bit longer I still say 

11 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

In all seriousness I do wonder if he has perhaps accepted an offer and is just keeping the house looking presentable without spending too much whilst the new owners finalise the "mortgage". Wouldn't the new owners would want to refurbish anyway to put their own stamp on it so no point in making any changes now?

It would make sense why we haven’t appointed a manager. The new owners will want their own man

10 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Would take your first group but for the others I'd rather stick with the status quo till something better comes along

Talking of totally unrealistic appointments, Sean Dyche would be an absolutely perfect fit for us however there is more chance of seeing the queens boobies than seeing him as our next manager.

30 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

Could well be something in this to be fair, suppose it will come out in the fullness of time.

I may have missed it but was anything  said by the club about why there isn’t a shirt sponsor? Seems strange that a club with financial issues wouldn’t have some revenue coming in. New owners will put their own company on the shirt.. 

8 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I may have missed it but was anything  said by the club about why there isn’t a shirt sponsor? Seems strange that a club with financial issues wouldn’t have some revenue coming in. New owners will put their own company on the shirt.. 

Shirt sponsor is Chansiri at home and Elev8 for away mate. It was only for the first two games we weren't displaying the logos. This probably had more to do with the kit supplier than anything else I reckon.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Shirt sponsor is Chansiri at home and Elev8 for away mate. It was only for the first two games we weren't displaying the logos. This probably had more to do with the kit supplier than anything else I reckon.

Thanks, so it means the new owners can easily replace it with their own company name :ph34r:

On 25/08/2019 at 13:28, Mycroft said:

I agree but how do we react when he doesn't do as well as Bullen, do we call for his head or do we find excuses for him and let him continue?

No we rest slightly easier knowing every effort has been done to ensure we finish as high as possible, and getting a manager who knows the league/has the relevant experience with a full entourage of backroom staff is a must imo.

We are all forgetting the major factor - whoever the Manager of DC's choice, that manager MUST WANT TO TAKE THE JOB.

Looking at our recent past, we have a club that is in a state of flux, no matter what we may think.

It has recently FAILED to gain promotion at the final hurdle, not once but twice!

It has made some buys which have not worked, the Rhodes buy being a case in point - and its no good us putting ALL the blame on either the Owner or the Manager. Many of the buys have , on paper, been good buys, At the time he was bought, we were crying out for a goalscorer. At the time, who better than either Rhodes or Winnall. Many of us at the time thought this OK. They didn't work and a new Manager will be  left with them.

It has been dancing with the threat of 'fair play' and sanctions, alongside an EFL embargo

It has a fan-base which, while being very verbose on the net, seems very divided..

We have recently lost our Manager to Newcastle, suddenly and for no apparent reason.

Does this make us an inviting prospect? Were I myself to be invited to accept this position, I would have to think very, very carefully, then, after working out the pros and cons, say NO, there are better jobs available.

Getting someone to take the job could be relatively easy. Getting the RIGHT man  will be much harder. And if you don't believe me - just look at the number of 'candidates' we have on this website alone. 

Edited by Buxtongent
addition
  • Like 1

As an addition to my previous post - I forgot to add the current farcical situation we have got with SAS, SYP and all, which is certainly not improving the matter.It may not be his business, but a Football Manager/DoF will have this on his mind.

5 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

My understanding is match day shirt sponsorship is currently available on a match by match basis with CHANSIRI/ELEV8 being the default if it's not taken up.

• Thanks 3