Farcical

7 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Wouldn't be against them as such the lack of experience in higher leagues count against them in my book.  

There are managers who are more experienced in this league who are worse options imo.

for me a young manager with fresh ideas is a must...the merry go round of Pulis, Rowett and Monk is frightening to be honest. 

Got to be Pearson,and for all those who trott out the same old line about "Hed never manage in his own city" time after time thats not what he actually said,he also went on to say "You cant rule it out AND hed never been ASKED!!

Edited by legendaryswan

4 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I'm not saying this lightly. Due to the dearth of managerial quality currently available in the UK, it would not surprise me if DC asked Carlos to return from Portuguese obscurity. I'm serious. 

Return of the King. Opposites be warned.

42 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

for me a young manager with fresh ideas is a must...the merry go round of Pulis, Rowett and Monk is frightening to be honest. 

Yep, though some think you can nip down to tescos and get one,  whoever it is, it will be a gamble. I'm with you on the manager  dole queue mery go round.

8 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Got to be Pearson,and for all those who trott out the same old line about "Hed never manage in his own city" time after time thats not what he actually said,he also went on to say "You cant rule it AND hed never been ASKED!!

Can't imagine why.

22 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Got to be Pearson,and for all those who trott out the same old line about "Hed never manage in his own city" time after time thats not what he actually said,he also went on to say "You cant rule it out AND hed never been ASKED!!

Since he left Leicester Pearson has been shocking. Had a nightmare at Derby and was on course to take Belgian second division side OH Leuven down to the equivalent of the Isthmian League. No thanks. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Since he left Leicester Pearson has been shocking. Had a nightmare at Derby and was on course to take Belgian second division side OH Leuven down to the equivalent of the Isthmian League. No thanks. 

He was sent to leuven on gardening leave with a miniscule budget and he never got the time to improve the side at Derby who pulled the trigger too quick,a lot of Foxes fans were thankfull of his legacy as they won the title,hed already earmarked some of the players,such as Mahrez,for the following season

One way or another, I think a decision needs to be made soon, as I don't think it helps anyone by letting it drag on. Either appoint Bully, which would give him confidence and back him fully by allowing him to add to the coaching staff, ect or just go all out after someone else suitable to replace Bruce and switch Bully back into a coaching role. The longer Bully is left in limbo, the harder it will get as pressure will grow on him, his understaffed staff and the squad to keep picking up points to help him get the job. Either way, I think it's best for Bully and the squad for a decision to be made one way or another soon.

11 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I held huge admiration for DC in the way he handled the Bruce situation, and this admiration continued with some shrewd business in the window.

But the manager situation is becoming farcical. 

I think we have a good squad, a squad capable of getting in the play offs. But it needs structure.

Are we seriously going to keep plodding along with a caretaker in charge? It’s a bit tinpot/unprofessional. It’s been over 6 weeks, with allegedly over 100 applicants.

Sort it out and sort it sharpish 

Is this not a little bit of an overreaction to a couple of defeats?

I'm not saying Bullen is the man to take us forward but if the club don't feel the right person isn't available what else can they do? Appointing someone for the sake of it doesn't strike me as very sensible at all. Also we wouldn't be the first club to have a caretaker for a while. Newcastle had Chris Hughton in charge until October before they gave him the job. I'm sure there are other examples of it.

16 minutes ago, JimmyMaC said:

Pearson,but the fanbase & chairman will need patience while he brings in his own and sets us up,two maybe three windows,wont be pretty to begin with,hel get his defenders and CM sorted as a priority.

Hed only settle for the title,hes got standards,far better manager than he gets credit for,BUT he takes his time to build his sides,it wont be a revolution,more an evolution.

Look at leicester,he built that side,nutty as a nutty nut cake but who cares when you win trophies,I hope hes waering an owls top when he nuts wilder

Yes nutty as a fruitcake as a manager. We have enough controversies at the club. Still think this squad only slightly better than last season and only with the new wide men . The highlights from PNE showed a great variation in the quality within the team. And the first half vs Luton similarly.

It’s not even about Bullen anymore, it’s the situation. It has a life of its own and an inevitable feeling of water treading at best and complete uncertainty at worst.

Must be resolved one way or another to put it to bed.

Edited by Morepork

6 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I'm not saying this lightly. Due to the dearth of managerial quality currently available in the UK, it would not surprise me if DC asked Carlos to return from Portuguese obscurity. I'm serious. 

Mate, If that’s your serious I’d love to see what you consider humour!! lol

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Yep, though some think you can nip down to tescos and get one,  whoever it is, it will be a gamble. I'm with you on the manager  dole queue mery go round.

£2m - £5m on a striker with a 1 in 4 ratio or spend £1m - £2m in compo for a manager who is in a job, who in my eyes is a better option than Pulis...it’s an absolutely no brainier.

Unfortunately we’ve witnessed it a very close proximity just what a good manager can do (wilder). A good manager can make something of an average squad and an average manager will keep an average squad mid table/safe.

21 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

Maybe Chansiri is in negotiations to sell the club that's why there's no action on the manager front. New owners wanting to bring in their own man??

Here’s a further conspiracy theory, Chansiri is in talks to sell us to someone like Red Bull, who’d want to bring their own man in. And it’s the reason for no shirt sponsor too as they’d want to put Red Bull on the shirt. Boom I think we’ve smashed this riddle wide open now 

23 hours ago, Mycroft said:

So why not give bullen time?  How long would you give a manager?

Bullen isn't even in the running to be our manager, if he was he'd have had it by now.

There is a very justifiable sense of frustration creeping in and the potential for a real crack at it this season is heading down the shitta. 

Edited by Blue and white

On 25/08/2019 at 12:42, FreshOwl said:

I held huge admiration for DC in the way he handled the Bruce situation, and this admiration continued with some shrewd business in the window.

But the manager situation is becoming farcical. 

I think we have a good squad, a squad capable of getting in the play offs. But it needs structure.

Are we seriously going to keep plodding along with a caretaker in charge? It’s a bit tinpot/unprofessional. It’s been over 6 weeks, with allegedly over 100 applicants.

Sort it out and sort it sharpish 

Yep, Get Bullen in now !

• Haha 2