Farcical

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

No just wondering how we as a fanbase react when the new manager doesn't do better than Bullen over five consecutive games.

You must agree we need to get someone in and concentrate on a push at going up . We as a fan base have to get behind the manager regardless of whether we agree with the appointment or not .  This current situation is clearly not helping .

31 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

When Bullen starts to struggle we'll bring someone in and he'll go back to our assistant. 

His team selection & set up yesterday, playing away against a strong & physical side would suggest he's already starting to struggle.

28 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

Maybe Chansiri is in negotiations to sell the club that's why there's no action on the manager front. New owners wanting to bring in their own man??

Would be a nice thought, sadly it’s more likely that Chansiri is just letting it play out whilst wanting to show loyalty to Bullen. Not realising that it’s not the way things should be done in football. And that wouldn’t be the first time. I like chansiri being the owner, but I think he needs to appoint a manager now to settle the club down. Be it Bullen or someone else 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You must agree we need to get someone in and concentrate on a push at going up . We as a fan base have to get behind the manager regardless of whether we agree with the appointment or not .  This current situation is clearly not helping .

I agree but how do we react when he doesn't do as well as Bullen, do we call for his head or do we find excuses for him and let him continue?

• Like 1

I think quite a few have made similar comments regarding the situation, it is becoming ridiculous. Either appoint Bullen (hope we don’t) or get someone in to start building a team strategy for the season.

We have played 4 poorish team, although Reading seem to have picked up and 1 decent team, 9 points is an ok return. What worries me is the lack of tactics and changes that make little or no difference.

A professional and experienced manager will surely make a difference? As to the right candidate, who knows, not seen who  has really expressed an interest apart from Holloway ?

51 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I held huge admiration for DC in the way he handled the Bruce situation, and this admiration continued with some shrewd business in the window.

But the manager situation is becoming farcical. 

I think we have a good squad, a squad capable of getting in the play offs. But it needs structure.

Are we seriously going to keep plodding along with a caretaker in charge? It’s a bit tinpot/unprofessional. It’s been over 6 weeks, with allegedly over 100 applicants.

Sort it out and sort it sharpish 

It’s clear he doesn't know what to do/ have a plan.

..just seem to be ignoring it and hopes it just goes away.

Which of course it won’t! 

It it could only happen here ..

lol

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

32 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

Maybe Chansiri is in negotiations to sell the club that's why there's no action on the manager front. New owners wanting to bring in their own man??

I think it's more DC over deliberating & delaying big decisions like he did before sacking CC & Jos.

55 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I held huge admiration for DC in the way he handled the Bruce situation, and this admiration continued with some shrewd business in the window.

But the manager situation is becoming farcical. 

I think we have a good squad, a squad capable of getting in the play offs. But it needs structure.

Are we seriously going to keep plodding along with a caretaker in charge? It’s a bit tinpot/unprofessional. It’s been over 6 weeks, with allegedly over 100 applicants.

Sort it out and sort it sharpish 

Wednesday and farcical??? Never pal 

2 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

I personally hope this is happening.

Don't think DC hired a 2 million a year man in Bruce so that he could sell the club. He was really annoyed when he left, rightly so, but to suggest he now is preparing to sell and therefore not making an appointment is highly unlikely. Remember he offered the job to Houghton.

25 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I agree but how do we react when he doesn't do as well as Bullen, do we call for his head or do we find excuses for him and let him continue?

We have to give a manager time , it’s a gamble and there’s no guarantee he will be worse than Bullen either .