Morgan Fox

Just now, daleblue said:

The majority of Wednesday supporters would not want any of our players to fail, if how ever they think like I do, that Fox is a poor player at this level, 

in no way is that  wanting him to fail.

Notice I said ''seem'' to want him to fail.

Bar the odd neanderthal, I agree that that most fans don't want players to fail, however that's how it comes across when people refuse to acknowledge when a player has improved, Fox certainly has over the last year or so.

Also, since when was it OK to boo a player for ''not being good enough''? Lack of application or terrible attitude I can understand, but for me Fox has shown neither, even when he looked well out of his depth technically.

Its fine to have the opinion that he's not up to the job, but booing his name before kick off is not only totally unjustified, but it's entirely counterproductive IMO.

Absolute dross the first half, could not believe he was in the side playing like that- looked scared when he got the ball and always looked for a pass back or sideways, never forward to the best player on the pitch in front of him KADEEEEEEM. 

Second half, much, much better- still no real attempts going forward but certainly not the wonder boy some of you are making out- which is strange for Owlstalk, its usually the negatives that are picked up on. 

Crazy how everyones eyes are different. 

Do I think he should start next game? No. 

This overreaction to his display last night is bordering on the bizarre.

He received a few pelters first half as did Reach who was equally poor and the whole team were booed at the interval after an awful first half.

Made a few really good challenges second half and did OK , then after the game we have Bullen and a load on here losing their $hit about his treatment and saying he was MOM and trying to make some kind of martyr of him...................like i say an extreme overreaction.

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

The majority of Wednesday supporters would not want any of our players to fail, if how ever they think like I do, that Fox is a poor player at this level, 

in no way is that  wanting him to fail.

I think there is quite a contingent of people who would take pleasure from his failure just to make themselves feel better / vindicate their behaviour

7 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

He received a few pelters first half as did Reach who was equally poor and the whole team were booed at the interval after an awful first half.

Made a few really good challenges second half and did OK , then after the game we have Bullen and a load on here losing their $hit about his treatment and saying he was MOM and trying to make some kind of martyr of him...................like i say an extreme overreaction.

Yes Sir, it is an odd reaction.  SWFC won the 3 points, added 1 to GD, have taken 9 points out of a possible 12, and looked good during the pre-season.  When's the last time SWFC has looked that good?

Can't complain really, whatever the Squad & Bullen, are doing, I sincerely hope it continues.  Composition of the Squad, tuned for the match at hand, and re-tuned during the match, doesn't seem to matter.  Fox was called upon, same like the rest of the Squad, the TEAM won the match, not Fox, even if he did negate a possible Luton Town equalizer.

9 pages, complaining about Fox, and in support of Fox....he didn't lose or win the match, he  just played, same as every other guy, and made damned sure that Luton Town did not get a draw.  SWFC got all 3 points, not just 1.  SWFC held a 1-0 situation...NOT BAD.  And Fox did his part.

9 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

So the usual idiots boo one of our players before kick off? What a way to show your support and backing to the team. These idiots seem to be selective when being critical of our players. They seem to remain silent when our "superstars" fail to turn up for games.

Spot on. Fox might not be good enough, but he's never shied away or hidden. 

Some of the fuckwits in our support have formed an opinion of him and now refuse to budge. Some of them have only just started to get off Reach's back and Palmer still gets hammer.

Claim to be the best fans in the league but the Hillsborough boo boys love a scapegoat. Maybe it's a Sheffield thing. 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Booing a player before he has even stepped on the pitch is disgraceful, and it's time these morons were called out. If they are going to boo our own players they can get t'Lane as far as im concerned. 

Bullen on Fox:

“I’ll tell you what, at times that’s not the Sheffield Wednesday support I know.  Morgan Fox, that match saving block he’s made with ten minutes to go in the 18 yard box was unbelievable; and you saw a marked difference from Morgans first half performance to his second half performance because the crowd were supporting him, cheering him, getting behind him trying to lift him and I thought he was outstanding in the second half .First half he is a bit nervous because the crowd are getting on his back a little bit”

32 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Spot on. Fox might not be good enough, but he's never shied away or hidden. 

Some of the fuckwits in our support have formed an opinion of him and now refuse to budge. Some of them have only just started to get off Reach's back and Palmer still gets hammer.

Claim to be the best fans in the league but the Hillsborough boo boys love a scapegoat. Maybe it's a Sheffield thing. 

But if Bannan, Hutchinson or Lee make a mistake or don't perform then they are afforded plenty of slack from our wonderful fan base.

Fox is an old school full back

He doesn't bomb on like a modern day full back, but he's got Harris in front of him so he doesn't need to

He clears his lines well, covers well at the back stick, and he's not afraid to tackle

That block he got in second half was vital, he probably saved us two points there

Keeps his shirt for Preston for me

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Fox seems to split the fan base. I can understand that. He's had some poor games in the past.

My view is that Bruce used a right footed player at LB because he thought he was better than Fox. Bullen is doing the same so those who know him better than any of us don't think he's up to the standard we need. Decent squad player maybe or they might have moved him on.

As far as last night is concerned he did have a great game. Some great blocks and tackles so I don't get the abuse he's getting. If we accept he's a squad player he did exceptionally well and Bullen made a point of saying so. Maybe not the ideal pick if you had the chance of any LB in the Championship but we don't.

Last night he was very good. Well done from me.