Morgan Fox

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

I would buy some new glasses if I was you, Fox will not get mom from our fans as long as I have a hole in my backside because most of our fans pre judge everygame he plays. 

I don’t think he’s even our second choice left back but I’m not silly enough to not acknowledge he had a excellent game 

New glasses ? Have I been drinking ? 

How old are you ?

Silly boy .

I'm gonna  have to put my tin hat on here because overall I thought he was poor tonight. I think he should take some stick for his first half performance in particular because one of the reasons we looked so limited was because he seemed incapable of doing anything constructive down his flank. It was sideways and backwards every time - not even a hint that he might try a progressive pass. It was like we'd brought on a pub player who realising he was so out of his depth resorted to just playing it safe every time. I used to play left back very badly and he reminded me of me - I was capable of some crunching, match-winning tackles but give me the ball in some space and I was clueless. That's how Fox seemed all night. If that's all some people want from their left back then he's fine. But at this level we need much more than that.

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Get on I follow, if you watch it you will retract your comments 

I won't, as I know what I saw.  As I've said, I have no beef with Fox and haven't even criticised him before today, but his first touch and passing wasn't anywhere near a Championship level let alone top end Championship.  Don't have iFollow so that isn't an option.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Fox was most certainly NOT quality tonight. His first touch is like an elephants and that slows us down every time. He’s also slow and ponderous in possession. That being said, to say he has no pace at all, he’s actually a decent defender. Some good blocks tonight especially the one at the end which was outstanding. He’s a squad player and that’s all. Hopefully people support him while not expecting too much from him as he always gives his all.

13 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Listen Pal I just watched the game , His first half performance was shocking 

Out of position , Stray passes , knocked the ball straight out , 

Anyway about your proclamation that he was MOM ?

Want that bet ?

I only remember seeing Hutch knock the ball straight out of play...

We’ve been bereft on decent full backs for a while. Palmer is a 7 out of 10 right back for me, similar Fox at LB. fortunately tho you can be successful in this league without 9 out of 10 performances in every position every week. They both do a job and Fox gets way to much criticism than he warrants. But we can’t go out and spent millions on this position. 

Interesting Iorfa was dropped altogether after being taken off at HT last weekend and replaced by a midfielder. Might not see him for a while 

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

We’ve been bereft on decent full backs for a while. Palmer is a 7 out of 10 right back for me, similar Fox at LB. fortunately tho you can be successful in this league without 9 out of 10 performances in every position every week. They both do a job and Fox gets way to much criticism than he warrants. But we can’t go out and spent millions on this position. 

Interesting Iorfa was dropped altogether after being taken off at HT last weekend and replaced by a midfielder. Might not see him for a while 

Iorfa was injured, as was Palmer.

Some of the comments on here are laughable. He did his job, no more and nothing out of the ordinary. His second half performance was much better then the first, his first touch puts him into trouble every time, his reading of the game at this level is poor and his distribution not great either. When his contracts up he’ll leave to go to a league one club or possibly a promoted side from that division. 

Never ever been a top half Championship left back or ever will be. 

Edited by WadsleyOwl

11 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

You're all wrong he's an absolute liability and a really poor poor player imo

He genuinely getting better. He had a lot of stick. Still put 100 % in. Comments as strong as that are no help. Just cus we have seen some terrible performances from him does not mean that he will never be good enough. His attitude is spot on. He is never going to shy away from a tackle or from the haters. I am pretty sure that if we need him to play he will carry on getting better. I seen him play in under 23 and he looked a class above the younger guys. He definitely a player who needs confidence to perform. Unfortunately far too many people have judged him already and made their decision on him. Give him a break we might get best out of him. We need cover in all positions. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Both 6/10.  Every week.

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

He genuinely getting better. He had a lot of stick. Still put 100 % in. Comments as strong as that are no help. Just cus we have seen some terrible performances from him does not mean that he will never be good enough. His attitude is spot on. He is never going to shy away from a tackle or from the haters. I am pretty sure that if we need him to play he will carry on getting better. I seen him play in under 23 and he looked a class above the younger guys. He definitely a player who needs confidence to perform. Unfortunately far too many people have judged him already and made their decision on him. Give him a break we might get best out of him. We need cover in all positions. 

I really admire your positivity and support for the guy, however for me he is simply not good enough and never will be...again imo

6 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Some of the comments on here are laughable. He did his job, no more and nothing out of the ordinary. His second half performance was much better then the first, his first touch puts him into trouble every time, his reading of the game at this level is poor and his distribution not great either. When his contracts up he’ll leave to go to a league one club or possibly a promoted side from that division. 

Never ever been a top half Championship left back or ever will be. 

All that, and worse got said about Liam

Palmer not so long back 

27 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Listen Pal I just watched the game , His first half performance was shocking 

Out of position , Stray passes , knocked the ball straight out , 

Anyway about your proclamation that he was MOM ?

Want that bet ?

Careful. You're a recovering alcoholic, don't get yourself into gambling as an escape. 

• Haha 1