Morgan Fox

Defensively he's fairly decent and can be good at spotting danger, hence him filling in as an emergency centreback on the odd occasion and doing decent, he's also a decent crosser, his main issue is forward passing which he lacks confidence in, not helped by some of the utter clowns we have in our fanbase constantly giving him grief, the toxic atmosphere every time he had to turn back and pass backwards or square because there was nothing on was palpable all the way here in Spain, fans expect him to be able to make perfect Bannan passes whenever he looks up (Bannan is an awesome player IMO but even his passing isn't 100% perfect) Fox isn't that player, he's solid, dependable, doesn't deserve anything like the amount of stick he gets.

15 hours ago, Hotten Owl said:

I don't really neg, what did he do in the first half that was shocking?

Think he had a very poor first half, storming forward only to turn and pass it back to Centre Backs or to someone who was already being closed dow. However thought his second half not only was an improvement but probably his best 45 min for us. He was much improved at back end of previous season to be fair and maybe his first half was because everyone else was poor, first half and no one was moving or creating space so fair do's to him.

One of the most vital parts of management is man management. 

Which is why so many of the Champ manager experts would last about 5 second in the real world.

Some people forget that footballers are human beings, with individual personalities, and emotions. 

Fortunately some people don't forget...

image.thumb.png.0a3a3dded7ca562ee8dac7685c0e5dbb.png

• Like 3

I have to admit groaning when I saw Fox was playing when I checked the side on twitter.
I didn't hear anyone boo his name when the team were read out but anyone who did is being very harsh and probably just attention seeking in front of there mates.
Fox made me eat my words a bit last night and had a good game, deserves to keep his place for the next game.
Dont think he will ever be a star player but like it when a sportsmen proves people wrong (myself included)

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

One of the most vital parts of management is man management. 

Which is why so many of the Champ manager experts would last about 5 second in the real world.

Some people forget that footballers are human beings, with individual personalities, and emotions. 

Fortunately some people don't forget...

image.thumb.png.0a3a3dded7ca562ee8dac7685c0e5dbb.png

Dont think any of those 3 will be used as models to promote new shirts/kit

Fact is people don't want a "steady Eddie" like fox or joey that just go out and do what they're asked to do with minimum amount of fuss or grief. 

No he'll never be Roberto Carlos,but just asked to go be a defender first and join in goif forward occasionally when it's safe to do so, he's very capable. 

Nobody notices he's pretty solid in the air too for a fullback and wins his share of defencive headers. 

People have the similar problem with joey. He goes out, nothing fancy and just trys to get on with what he's been asked to do. No he's not kante, we payed £450k for him not £30million.

Prime example was last year in a midfield of reach, bannan  (not very good defencively. Onuoma lazy and idle. We were being cut to shreds in the midfield, but it was all HIS! fault, nothing to do with the other three not getting tackles in or doing a good job protecting the back four. 

2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

I thought he was poor in the 1st half (as were most of the side), but excellent in the 2nd half.

Still prefer Palmer there, but it is probably our weakest position

People just think its our weakest position because they dont rate palmer or Fox. But they are proving they maybe up to the task this season.

I think we will concede alot more goals from the right than we will ever do from the left this season.

23 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

People just think its our weakest position because they dont rate palmer or Fox. But they are proving they maybe up to the task this season.

I think we will concede alot more goals from the right than we will ever do from the left this season.

It is our weakest position has been for 2 seasons prior to this

and I do rate Palmer but would prefer a lefty there 

50 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

It is our weakest position has been for 2 seasons prior to this

and I do rate Palmer but would prefer a lefty there 

My point is more that on paper we look at it and say well there not very good that's our weakest position. But come the end of the season we will see it wasnt our weakest position at all.

13 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

My point is more that on paper we look at it and say well there not very good that's our weakest position. But come the end of the season we will see it wasnt our weakest position at all.

Can't agree more bud. 

I think we'll probably find out our weakest position over the course of the season is the one "Weve wasted the most Money on" lol

From OS

Wednesday winger Kadeem Harris praised the work rate of his teammates, particularly full back Morgan Fox, following the Owls’ 1-0 win over Luton on Tuesday evening.

“I think Foxy behind me was amazing, he was talking to me the whole game and got me going, so he was a great help for me today as well as the other nine on the pitch.”

Guest LittleG
On 21/08/2019 at 11:03, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Defensively he's fairly decent and can be good at spotting danger, hence him filling in as an emergency centreback on the odd occasion and doing decent, he's also a decent crosser, his main issue is forward passing which he lacks confidence in, not helped by some of the utter clowns we have in our fanbase constantly giving him grief, the toxic atmosphere every time he had to turn back and pass backwards or square because there was nothing on was palpable all the way here in Spain, fans expect him to be able to make perfect Bannan passes whenever he looks up (Bannan is an awesome player IMO but even his passing isn't 100% perfect) Fox isn't that player, he's solid, dependable, doesn't deserve anything like the amount of stick he gets.

That must be the longest sentence ever, approx.130 words.