Pet Peeves on a Matchday...

15 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Stewards not doing their job and just standing there like they've been hired to be manikins showing off the latest high viz clothing.

Every single game on the front of the North towards the kop end we have numerous signs that the club has payed for that says "No standing in the hatched area", there's one of these every 5 yards on the railings on the front of the north YET kid's and adults still stand there blocking wheelchair supports from getting to their spots and see any of the warm up.

Does my nut in.

Probably happens because, well I've never seen any chicks there, so people think it's ok to stand there.

When the chickens arrive and are visible, people will understand then and observe the signs.

The charge for the tram at Hillsbrough corner after

Waiting forever with no idea when or which direction it's coming from.  Being squashed next to smelly people and dirty smokers.  

If you miss one tram you could be waiting 20 minutes and still get squashed.

FFS Superw@nk just put extra trams on and clear the area.  

Or leave 5 minute early if i'm offered a lift and miss the conclusion to the game.

People who get up to 'leave' 10 minutes before the match and then stand on the stairs blocking my nephew's (and the old bloke who sits in front of me) view of the final 10 minutes of the game. If you're going to bloomin' leave, then leave, otherwise stay in your bloody seat. I got my nephew a seat on the edge so he can see if people in seats stand up but can't do nowt bout the barstewards who stand on the stairs and then feign deafness when you tell them to shift. 

People who leave early! Especially when it’s a close match. I genuinely don’t know how people can walk away, the last minute goals and some of the best memories. All to get home 5/10 minute early? Don’t get it. 

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

What would you do then? Not go? 

No, in fact I took my nephew's to the espanyol match and they were clearly too young, bored and probably irritating those around him so I took them home as the only person benefitting from being there was me so selfish of me to stay. 

I'd rather not put the kids of for life.

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No, in fact I took my nephew's to the espanyol match and they were clearly too young, bored and probably irritating those around him so I took them home as the only person benefitting from being there was me so selfish of me to stay. 

I'd rather not put the kids of for life.

The trick I found was taking my nephew from a very early age. When he was a baby he was a wonderful body warmer for cold matches too. The crowd left him in awe, so he never cried, and he grew up learning to love football and also learning how he should behave at a football match. I think if we had waited to take him until he was older he would have been one of those you see running around and being a pain, because that's what he is like everywhere else. 

18 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Stewards standing at the top of the stairwell on the North making it difficult to pass at FT.

At away games: stewards insisting on checking your ticket to make sure you're entering the correct area. I can read the block/row/seat number, FFS, it's on the ticket!

Stewards standing at the top of the stairwell on the North during the game making it difficult to see the action.  From my seat the Steward blocks the view of the goal, looks at us all gormy as we shout for him to get darn!

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

18 hours ago, siowls said:

The bloke that looks like action man on my row who leaves 10 minutes early every game - and has done so for the past 10 years.

This has to be the top irritation of all time...

You'd think the club would move kick-off time to 2:50pm so that these folks could stay and watch the whole match and thereby not annoy anybody by leaving early.

Music being piped in 10-15 minutes before kick off at ridiculously loud volume on the north stand, so that my perfect pre-game analysis has to be shouted rather than just discussed. I want to save my voice for singing and shouting at the ref. I'm going to sound really old (i'm 33), TURN IT DOWN, I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK!

People looking for any area of the pitch to criticise, 'grass looks a bit thin there', 'looks bobbly down there'. it's like a carpet! have you forgot beach gate before Chansiri!

If Tom Lees dares to have a loose pass, 'oh his distribution', If Tom Lees then plays a blinder, like he does most weeks, totally unmentioned. Has been one of best performers for 5 years and barely gets a mention or a song. People around me just seem to want to jump on his back first chance they get.

Where is the Owl? They did it once where they had an Owl flying down with the dramatic video playing on the big screen. Seems to have stopped, instead get chart music until walk out. Bring back the flying owl! loved it.

Half time entertainment, get drunk fans trying to run and score goals from 20,30 and half way line. Always a good laugh, have it on every game.

20 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Our cat, Tinks, in next door’s garden.

Tinks, our next door neighbours cat, in my garden!

And to think I only moved next door to stalk someone. And now they are palming their fricking cat off on to me! Liberty takers!

18 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Another one, people who sit in their seats but spend the entire match leaning forward resting on their knees. 

Makes it so you can't see poo unless you do the same, and the cycle then followed down the row.

Final one... For now

People who pay for a season ticket for their kids, then every time they come to the match the kids do nothing but wee wee about and doubt watch the game.

Surely if they are doing this then they are lower than the person behind them, don't get why you wouldn't be able to see.

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Surely if they are doing this then they are lower than the person behind them, don't get why you wouldn't be able to see.

Not that much lower, you end up in a situation where your constantly moving your head to manure round them to see down the field.