Pet Peeves on a Matchday...

G'won, what's yours? :image:

1. When we get a corner on the KOP and everyone slowly starts to sit down, it leaves me standing up wondering if i should sit down as well...can the people behind me see? Should I care? Why did the people infront of me sit down?

2. When i get a random sat next to me and they start talking about their neighbours and work, why are they talking about non football related matters? Why are they here?

3. When you get Mr Negative sat behind you slating every player, "He's sh!t, take him off" "Waste of money, he should be better for what we're paying him"...these sort of people only turn up when we've won a couple in a row, then bugger off when we lose.

4. When you get people moaning when we're 1-0 down and we play a backwards pass...sometimes in football you're allowed to go backwards, calm down!!!

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

G'won, what's yours? :image:

1. When we get a corner on the KOP and everyone slowly starts to sit down, it leaves me standing up wondering if i should sit down as well...can the people behind me see? Should I care? Why did the people infront of me sit down?

2. When i get a random sat next to me and they start talking about their neighbours and work, why are they talking about non football related matters? Why are they here?

3. When you get Mr Negative sat behind you slating every player, "He's sh!t, take him off" "Waste of money, he should be better for what we're paying him"...these sort of people only turn up when we've won a couple in a row, then bugger off when we lose.

4. When you get people moaning when we're 1-0 down and we play a backwards pass...sometimes in football you're allowed to go backwards, calm down!!!

Number 3 certainly. It is weird how it always seems to be people who are only in the seat for the one game, rather than season ticket regulars.

Don't get it now thank God but back when they used to put up the latest scores on the old electronic scoreboard about 20 years ago there was one bloke behind us who without fail would read out every single one aloud just in case anybody couldn't see it for themselves. Even the irrelevant lower league ones, and he always sounded surprised as well.

"Wimbledon are winning 2-1."

"Look at that, Grimsby are losing"

"Tranmere are beating Colchester!" 

About 6 times every game... :bullen:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Stewards standing at the top of the stairwell on the North making it difficult to pass at FT.

At away games: stewards insisting on checking your ticket to make sure you're entering the correct area. I can read the block/row/seat number, FFS, it's on the ticket!