Pet Peeves on a Matchday...

3 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Stewards standing at the top of the stairwell on the North making it difficult to pass at FT.

At away games: stewards insisting on checking your ticket to make sure you're entering the correct area. I can read the block/row/seat number, FFS, it's on the ticket!

I'm always amazed at how many people can't.

Or maybe they can actually read it but fail to interpret the information.

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Half time......

or extreme unction when 3-0 down wiv 3minutes  to go.....

Sorry not RC don't do extreme unction.

Happy to give a three point sermon, although at 3-0 down with 3 minutes to go whatever I said would be moot.

2 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Having to sit in a seat at a football match. Sacrilege. 

This...

nowadays, despite many commendable attempts, I can't even p1ss in the pocket of the bloke in front to save me from queuing up and breathing in some lobbers urine steam at half time.

Edited by Flat Owl
  • Haha 3

Groaning at the slightest mistake.

People leaving early (without valid reason of course)

People who are staring at their phones for most of the game, what are you there for if you aren't watching the football?

People who when it isn't the best game ever, moan like it is a personal affront to them. Example "This is rubbish Wednesday, I could have been (insert place/occasion here).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

People leaving early (without valid reason of course)

So you're the chap who makes us fill out those bleedin' exit questionnaires, then?

Hello again, 98 Y, I see you're popping out early. What shall I put you down for this week? Left the oven on? Elderly mother's had a fall? Just want to beat the traffic?

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

People who when it isn't the best game ever, moan like it is a personal affront to them. Example "This is rubbish Wednesday, I could have been (insert place/occasion here).

Great shout.

One which made me giggle was an old bloke in the South who followed it up with '...I could have been painting my shed'.

Given that it was bucketing it down with rain, I couldn't help but think he was simply playing to the crowd. That it was also a night match only furthered my suspicions.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Great shout.

One which made me giggle was an old bloke in the South who followed it up with '...I could have been painting my shed'.

Given that it was bucketing it down with rain, I couldn't help but think he was simply playing to the crowd. That it was also a night match only furthered my suspicions.

The shed was possibly pre-construction..

And located in a warm well lit garage workshop awaiting several coats of cuprinol Fence / Shed stain ?........

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Stewards standing at the top of the stairwell on the North making it difficult to pass at FT.

At away games: stewards insisting on checking your ticket to make sure you're entering the correct area. I can read the block/row/seat number, FFS, it's on the ticket!

And people called Kenneth or Raymond eating Ringo's. That's peeved me off since 83/84 

13 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Pet Peeve threads really get my goat. 

Your pet goat Steve?

26 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

People who take children who are too young to be interested

Children who kick your seat through the game

Quite a few who take kids that probably aren’t old enough do so because it means they can go to the match. 

People who arrive late after the kick off (usually stinking of ale) and want to access their seat and everybody has to stand up / make way for them - FFS you know what time it starts get their on F-IN time. Then after 10 mins need to go for wee wee and repeat the performance - if you cant hold it don't drink it.

6 minutes ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

People who arrive late after the kick off (usually stinking of ale) and want to access their seat and everybody has to stand up / make way for them - FFS you know what time it starts get their on F-IN time. Then after 10 mins need to go for wee wee and repeat the performance - if you cant hold it don't drink it.

Sorry.

• Haha 4