Pet Peeves on a Matchday...

Not a pet peeve but when... 

Someone comes with a printed ticket, goes up to a steward and asks “do you know where I’m sat?” 

Steward says “you’re just up there mate” and points in the general direction of about 3 thousand blue seats on the Kop. 

:duntmatter: 

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I know Rev..but it is irritating being offered Holy Communion as we attack down the left................

There's always one. Is that your pet peeve?

When do you want to be offered HC?

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Not being able to take a flask of decent coffee in with me.

Instead either going without or queuing to buy the rubbish they dish up masquerading as coffee.

People taking flasks of coffee to a football match are one of my pet peeves, can't you go 90 minutes without it? I like to sneak a beer into the stand at an away game but coffee, ffs.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sticky belly said:

Standing at the urinal tray in the kop toilets packed in tight, unable to move and getting splashed with someone else's wee wee is never pleasant :duntmatter:

Went once when it was cold... created a large amount of wee steam... sorry to those who had to inhale that. 

• Haha 2

Parents who use Hillsborough as a children’s playground.

im all for the next generation of supporter coming to watch a game, if anything I encourage it. But there’s a few parents on the Kop who literally let their kids run riot through out the game. After 15 mins of running riot they go mad at the kid effin and jeffin for them to sit down....5 mins later the kids are on the run again.

• Thanks 1

This might put me into 'miserable old bugger' territory, but kids generally are annoying at football matches.

I'll be taking my own in a few years though, so it'll be get your own back time!

Please, little areNOTwhatTHEYseem, feel free to kick the seat in front of you for an hour and a half; pay not a blind bit of notice to the football match taking place in front of you, except to make inane comments about the players' haircuts; play Candy Crush on my phone with the volume cranked up full; wolf your way through your own body weight in sweets, crisps and fizzy pop; oh, and don't forget to issue a shrill 'Come on Wednesday!' at ear-shredding volume every now and then just to give everyone around us a good jolt.

Clearly normal etiquette doesn't apply here.

:bullen:

• Haha 2

Stewards not doing their job and just standing there like they've been hired to be manikins showing off the latest high viz clothing.

Every single game on the front of the North towards the kop end we have numerous signs that the club has payed for that says "No standing in the hatched area", there's one of these every 5 yards on the railings on the front of the north YET kid's and adults still stand there blocking wheelchair supports from getting to their spots and see any of the warm up.

Does my nut in.