J VanAken

Guest wilyfox

Good move for him. He's had a crap 2yrs here. Get out and play some games. Penney and Baker should follow suit, arguably Winnall too. 

5 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Absolute waste of money. His performance against United the other year is one of the worst I’ve ever seen by a player. 

He gets a lot of stick for that game, rightfully so. Tom Less (who I’m a fan of) had a much bigger shocker imo though and it was just let slide and blame put on JVA. Stupid freekick to give away. Then the 4th was an awful clearance to nowhere, before cocking it up more.

I’m rambling. Good luck Joost. Injuries certainly haven’t helped. Maybe had it in him to improve and be an asset at this level. I doubt it though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

He gets a lot of stick for that game, rightfully so. Tom Less (who I’m a fan of) had a much bigger shocker imo though and it was just let slide and blame put on JVA. Stupid freekick to give away. Then the 4th was an awful clearance to nowhere, before cocking it up more.

I’m rambling. Good luck Joost. Injuries certainly haven’t helped. Maybe had it in him to improve and be an asset at this level. I doubt it though.

Van Aken was at fault for all 4 goals. Tom Lees weren’t great either but let’s not compare the 2 because 1 is miles better than the other. 

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Yes i think it was Carlos...he search over 200 CB's to find him.

Sums up the idiocy that was his tenure . Look at the signings we have made for nothing (Luongo aside) under potato head / bullens stewardship. It really doesn’t highlight what an awful way the club was being run / managed 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Sums up the idiocy that was his tenure . Look at the signings we have made for nothing (Luongo aside) under potato head / bullens stewardship. It really doesn’t highlight what an awful way the club was being run / managed 

What on Earth are you talking about?

CC gave us our best two seasons in 20 years. Not his fault he had 17 out injured in his last season. I doubt whether he was in charge of recruitment anyway.

And why is everyone calling Osnabruck a 3rd tier club?   They are 2.Bundesliga- equivalent to the Championship.

13 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

It wasn't his only bad game. He was a defensive liability from Day One.

19 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Was it Carlos who signed him though, whoever did has had an absolute nightmare though 

be surprised if he plays for Wednesday again 

Quite simple one this. Carlos signed all the duds, someone else signed the good ones. 

Thats how it appears to work on planet knobhead, where the occupants persist in calling Carlos a ‘clown’. The same occupants that probably sang Carlos had a dream, and lapped up the playoffs after years in the wilderness. 

Think there’s a decent player in there somewhere. Remember his debut against Forest I think and he was pinging balls around the pitch and genuinely looked a class act. 

Struggled from there, Blades game destroyed his confidence. Needed time to get up to the speed of this division, unfortunately with the level of expectation at this club we weren’t really in a position to do that. Particularly in a position like centre defence where more often than not you get punished for your mistakes. 

Injuries haven’t been kind to him either. Hopefully an opportunity to get his career back on track. Good luck to him.