J VanAken

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

What on Earth are you talking about?

CC gave us our best two seasons in 20 years. Not his fault he had 17 out injured in his last season. I doubt whether he was in charge of recruitment anyway.

And why is everyone calling Osnabruck a 3rd tier club?   They are 2.Bundesliga- equivalent to the Championship.

Do you want me to type in capitals sweet heart ? I’m talking about the dog turd recruitment , 4m on van aken , 8 on Rhodes , 3 on abdi , signing past it’s like Boyd and Jones . 

The quality signings we’ve made for nowt is a breath of fresh air . Finishing In the play offs (and failing both times) is not cause for respect/ accolade. It also was largely his fault players were injured , funny how the all seem so much fitter now isn’t it .

• Haha 1

Good move from the club.  No way Van Aken was going to break into the side anytime soon., 

A season long loan is good for us and Van Aken.  

Hopefully he can put in some good performances for them, that will help increase his valuation and may even make us some profit.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Do you want me to type in capitals sweet heart ? I’m talking about the dog turd recruitment , 4m on van aken , 8 on Rhodes , 3 on abdi , signing past it’s like Boyd and Jones . 

The quality signings we’ve made for nowt is a breath of fresh air . Finishing In the play offs (and failing both times) is not cause for respect/ accolade. It also was largely his fault players were injured , funny how the all seem so much fitter now isn’t it .

Ridiculous people blindly support Carlos no matter what he did. Just because he finished 4th and 6th he’s deemed the “best manager in the last 20”, their is no context in that because none had the financial backing of Carvalhal! Steve Bruce did more off the field in 6 months than Carvalhal did in 3 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Good move from the club.  No way Van Aken was going to break into the side anytime soon., 

A season long loan is good for us and Van Aken.  

Hopefully he can put in some good performances for them, that will help increase his valuation and may even make us some profit.  

I'm sick of these abbreviated names,   SAG, SYP, JVA .... But seriously..., I have hopes they will all come good in the end... 

39 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Absolute waste of money. His performance against United the other year is one of the worst I’ve ever seen by a player. 

You didn’t suffer watching Brian Barry-Murphy, Beswetherwick etc then ??

Good move.

He goes and does well, he rebuilds his confidence and comes back as decent cover.

OR

He goes and does well, he rebuilds his confidence and we sell him and recoup some of our outlay.

OR

He goes and does not well, he doesn't rebuild his confidence and we have saved some wages.

Good move.

10 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Ridiculous people blindly support Carlos no matter what he did. Just because he finished 4th and 6th he’s deemed the “best manager in the last 20”, their is no context in that because none had the financial backing of Carvalhal! Steve Bruce did more off the field in 6 months than Carvalhal did in 3 years.

Give ova

3 minutes ago, PriceAPP said:

You didn’t suffer watching Brian Barry-Murphy, Beswetherwick etc then ??

Yes both horrendous over a long period of time. I’m referring to one specific match, and in my opinion the Sheffield United 4-2 defeat it was one of the worst individual performances I’ve ever seen. 

27 minutes ago, vulva said:

Quite simple one this. Carlos signed all the duds, someone else signed the good ones. 

Thats how it appears to work on planet knobhead, where the occupants persist in calling Carlos a ‘clown’. The same occupants that probably sang Carlos had a dream, and lapped up the playoffs after years in the wilderness. 

well said

15 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

No point in comparing anything if your going to go down that road nothing is ever in the same context.   Your just attempting to close the debate down with a very clumsy tactic.  

11 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Bruce obviously has a great network across the game and deserves praise for the players he brought in, but I think criticising Carvalhal for the recruitment / off field problems whilst he was manager may be a bit harsh. In fairness to him we don’t know who was/is recruiting players and we also don’t know how Chansiri has changed and what lessons he’s learnt from the Carvalhal era to Bruce. Rhodes definitely wasn’t a Carvalhal signing, more the chairman - who’s since learnt that we have to be careful with our spending. End of the day Carvalhal took us very close, twice, to promotion. He does deserve credit for that. In both seasons we’re a little bit of luck away from being promoted.

Pound for pound our worst ever signing.

At least Abdi and Rhodes had been worth the fees we paid, just not when we paid it.

Van Aken was a very costly panic buy, poorly scouted and caused us some massive defensive problems while everyone found out that the lad couldn't turn and had no defensive positional nous.

Hope he can remodel his game to his talent for passing and decent straight line speed.

30 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It wasn't his only bad game. He was a defensive liability from Day One.

I’m not saying he isn’t. I think he’s poor/average at best. Just pointing out I thought lees was shocking that game, set the tone with a stupid freekick in a dangerous position, yet it’s JVA that takes dogs abuse and a huge portion of the blame.