J VanAken

20 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Carlos was told to leave by Chansiri. Carlos agreed. We agreed to it.

Whereas Bruce stabbed us in the back and left us high and dry in an important pre season.

Just ignore blatant facts. Go read that statement rather than make things up. 

Nightmare player. 

Defensive footwork was the worst I have ever seen in professional football and it was obvious from his debut. I don’t believe he was scouted at all before he signed, there is no way we would have signed him if he had been. 

He might have a career in the Middle East or USA at a push in time. 

Guest Bulgaria
3 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

and in my opinion the Sheffield United 4-2 defeat it was one of the worst individual performances I’ve ever seen. 

Obviously not seen me try to satisfy the missus after some Bulgarian homebrew.

30 minutes ago, vulva said:

You don’t know that. A combination of myth and balderdash peddled on here. The theory that a professional footballer in the modern era would do anything they didn’t want to do is laughable. 

You are 100% in denial mate. Firstly it was obvious to see the fitness levels drop over the course of CC’s time here!! Each preseason we got progressively worse and this transpired into the league games.

I also know first hand what Carlos’s fitness regime was like...i can honestly say it was poor!! 

I still cannot believe we allegedly scouted over 200 defenders before signing him. Didn't we have Venancio as well before him who turned out to be a decent centre half?

His positional awareness was awful. Norwich City away, he looked completely lost.

To think a million pounds more would have potentially got us Sean Morrison from Cardiff. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Wednesday_Jack said:

You are 100% in denial mate. Firstly it was obvious to see the fitness levels drop over the course of CC’s time here!! Each preseason we got progressively worse and this transpired into the league games.

I also know first hand what Carlos’s fitness regime was like...i can honestly say it was poor!! 

We got to the playoffs twice, in his first 2 years. 

Haven't read the whole thread because I got the page 3 and was sick of people saying things along the lines of "at that level" who seem to forget we're a second division club.

Move is good for him and the club and hopefully he does well there.

More proof that CC didnt fully grasp the components of the English game. Or just didn’t want to.

Van Aken looked class with the ball and that seemed to be what the fuss was about in terms of finding one. Not whether they could actually defend or do the job needed in the short term. All about style and not enough substance and that was more or less the way I felt about that side at times, as good as they were in favourable conditions.

The season after he wasn’t much better at Wigan but looked better against Sunderland. Don’t think we’ve seen him since!

40 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Just ignore blatant facts. Go read that statement rather than make things up. 

Chansiri and Carlos both agreed he should leave. That's what mutual termination is. That's a fact, no?

Bruce didn't get the go ahead to resign from Chansiri. That's a fact, no?

Couldnt defend but can pass, holding midfield probably his best position but doubt he will ever make it in english 2nd tier so a good move for starters.

Typically wasteful cc signing, looks at 200 cbs and comes up with a cb that cant defend for 4m, then bruce came up with iorfa and borner for about a tenth of that, 350k :image:

His Owls career was finished after the scrubbers roasted him,the kid was allover the shop,but he wasnt the only one in all honesty,but in a game of that magnitued our fan base were never going to give him much credit,no matter how he played,you only have to look to Fox for the blueprint.

I didnt rate him,and by all accounts he wasnt that good at his previous club either,english footballs a tough physical game,VA rarely showed he had either of those qualities.

Hopefully the lad can put the past to bed and move on with a new club,a fresh start.

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Chansiri and Carlos both agreed he should leave. That's what mutual termination is. That's a fact, no?

Bruce didn't get the go ahead to resign from Chansiri. That's a fact, no?

Carlos spoke to Swansea while in the Wednesday job. https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/carlos-carvalhal-reveals-he-held-talks-with-swansea-chairman-during-sheffield-wednesday-stint-437235?amp facts. 

So Carlos did speak to Swansea. Asked to leave when fans start to turn. Carlos jumped when it got tough.