J VanAken

Guest Willow Owl
17 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

3 different managers and now 1 caretaker don’t seem to agree with you. He’s had his chance.

Never said i rated him as a player, Just that he deserves a chance to prove himself. If that is away from us then so be it. 

Carlos bought him so must have rated him. He was injured 90% of the time under both Jos and Bruce. 

On 14/08/2019 at 18:06, PEARSON said:

Bruce obviously has a great network across the game and deserves praise for the players he brought in, but I think criticising Carvalhal for the recruitment / off field problems whilst he was manager may be a bit harsh. In fairness to him we don’t know who was/is recruiting players and we also don’t know how Chansiri has changed and what lessons he’s learnt from the Carvalhal era to Bruce. Rhodes definitely wasn’t a Carvalhal signing, more the chairman - who’s since learnt that we have to be careful with our spending. End of the day Carvalhal took us very close, twice, to promotion. He does deserve credit for that. In both seasons we’re a little bit of luck away from being promoted.

Two centre backs who Carlos wanted to sign were Dunk and Morrison but he didn’t make the signings.

On 14/08/2019 at 19:37, Wednesday_Jack said:

I for one blame Carlos for at least 80% of our the injury problems...his fitness regime and training was poor to the extent it was non existent!!! He pushed Kieran Lee to a point that he looked like he’d have to retire. 

CC’s poor standards on the fitness front are not just coincidental to the worst injury record this club as ever seen!!!

Arsenal had a lot of injury problems over the years but Wenger doesn’t seem to be blamed for it.

Your point about Kieran Lee is way off the mark.

58 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Arsenal had a lot of injury problems over the years but Wenger doesn’t seem to be blamed for it.

What’s Wenger got to do with it.

Perhaps he didn’t pick players who were obviously injured.

So tell us what actually happened with Lee.

Morrison turned us down, what were we supposed to do, kidnap him.

Dunk was thought of as the best centre half in the championship, way out of our price range 

Edited by oldishowl

16 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

What’s Wenger got to do with it.

Perhaps he didn’t pick players who were obviously injured.

So tell us what actually happened with Lee.

Morrison turned us down, what were we supposed to do, kidnap him.

Dunk was thought of as the best centre half in the championship, way out of our price range 

Wenger - exactly as much as Carlos had.

No concrete evidence that players who were picked were injured. As I’ve also said many times on here a coach/manager selects a team from the players that are available. Their fitness, and therefore availability to play, is determined by the medical team not the coach/manager.

Agree re Morrison and Dunk but I was just giving examples of the centre backs that CC put forward as potential signings.

Edited by Wakefield owl

39 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

As I’ve also said many times on here a coach/manager selects a team from the players that are available. Their fitness, and therefore availability to play, is determined by the medical team not the coach/manager.

...but the manager oversees/decides how the players train?  How much ball work?  How much running?  He dictates. 

The fitness of the players would not be solely determined by the medical team...It would've been driven by CC, and therefore he has a massive part to play in it...the biggest part. 

Edited by Suzuki_San

8 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

i can’t remember any team ever having 17 first team players out injured!!! Clubs get injuries throughout the season but they also invest a lot of time and money on staff who get the players fit, maintain fitness and also condition players. Carlos didn’t!!! 

You can say what you like about the Lee situation but Carlos over played him and pushed him through the pain barrier in Huddersfield playoff season. How many time did Carlos come out and say he had put off surgery??? 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

53 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

i can’t remember any team ever having 17 first team players out injured!!! Clubs get injuries throughout the season but they also invest a lot of time and money on staff who get the players fit, maintain fitness and also condition players. Carlos didn’t!!! 

You can say what you like about the Lee situation but Carlos over played him and pushed him through the pain barrier in Huddersfield playoff season. How many time did Carlos come out and say he had put off surgery??? 

I really have no idea what the nature of KL's problems are mate but there have been suggestions on here that they were degenerative rather than the result of injury. If that is the case then it would often be indicated to put surgery off for as long as possible. Who knows.

.....that's certainly not to say that we didn't have a bizarrely long injury list during CC's tenure!

Edited by Bleeder
Content