J VanAken

19 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Some people say the best measure of a manager is the state you were in when he left 

We were an absolute basket case of a team and squad when Carlos left and heading for relegation 

Bruce had a few good results and was starting to turn the squad around.

Think you're getting end of Carlos and Jos mixed up.

Yes we were poor under Carlos but return of senior players would have kept us up. Jos had a poor start with us after carlos went, his results didnt pick up until bannan and the like returned.

carlos the clown wanted him and cost us 4million ,hardly kicked a ball must be on upto 20k a week so that's 6 million upto now wasted ,I doubt the german club will be paying his full wages ,out of the 100 plus games he could have played in ,he has only played 15 and subbed in quite a few. its a very good move for us 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Carlos got the sack the went to Swansea.

Bruce left us before the season after talking to a new team behind our backs for a month.

No he did not. Swansea offer was on the table. Mutual consent, we then got a rambling statement from Chansiri saying it’s fan who made Carlos want to leave. He wasn’t sacked. 

9 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

carlos the clown wanted him and cost us 4million ,hardly kicked a ball must be on upto 20k a week so that's 6 million upto now wasted ,I doubt the german club will be paying his full wages ,out of the 100 plus games he could have played in ,he has only played 15 and subbed in quite a few. its a very good move for us 

Where do you get the £4m figure from?

Guest Willow Owl
54 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Yes both horrendous over a long period of time. I’m referring to one specific match, and in my opinion the Sheffield United 4-2 defeat it was one of the worst individual performances I’ve ever seen. 

Westwood was just as bad in that game yet considered a hero. JVA deserves a chance to prove himself and hopefully move works for all parties. 

16 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

The premise of your argument dear boy.   Oh never mind I'm off to find a flat earther to debate with, get more sense out of them. 

I was talking to someone I agreed with :laugh: go for it, pop up to them to without anything meaningful to say as well :laugh:

Just now, Sonny said:

Where do you get the £4m figure from?

well that's what I heard at the time, whether some of that is based on add ons and the fee is a little lower who knows. he is 1 of about 25 players who we have wasted huge sums in fees and wages over the carlos era ,these players now are just about all gone , we still have Jordon Rhodes 40k a week and instalment fees but hopefully now he actually has the right players/system/wingers he might score  a few 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Some people say the best measure of a manager is the state you were in when he left 

We were an absolute basket case of a team and squad when Carlos left and heading for relegation 

Bruce had a few good results and was starting to turn the squad around.

Did Carlos put together that squad though or did Chansiri's advisers.?

7 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Another one out the door that contributed nothing and won't be missed. 

Hope it works out, then we won't have to have him back here.

Whoever was responsble for his signing wants drowning in a vat of slurry.

He’s out of contract.

This is effectively us releasing him.

Doesn’t matter whether people think he’s poor or what they think of our recruitment at the time. 

Its the here and now what’s important and this departure means s very good window just got that little bit better