New stadium

2 hours ago, canadaowl said:

I dont post on here very often, nor do I read a lot of the posts so I will apologize if this has been covered previously.

On the issue with Hillsborough it seems to me mainly based on regulators and there reluctance to offer a working solution to satisfy all parties.

While I moved from Sheffield to Canada 44 years ago I still love coming back and seeing the boys.

This might be radical but if the issue with the regulators cannot be resolved then its llke pushing a chain uphill. you'll never get anywhere.

Knock Leppings lane down and rebuild it from scratch to conform to all the regulations that we currently face.  At that point there should be less of an obstacle if any to having our ground back.

The cost of rebuilding one side opposed to building a new stadium surely is more beneficial to the club.

Just my thoughts

Is Billy the Kid the cause of all this trouble?

11 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Yes but if you did that they'd run into difficulties with all the hoolies leaving the South stand, you know the Seventy plus skull crushers!

Not a problem as SYP have recently unveiled  their new kit for matches at Hillsborough.

510578E5-FE2E-4582-9E57-F21BD2D6EB17.jpeg

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

Not a problem as SYP have recently unveiled  their new kit for matches at Hillsborough.

510578E5-FE2E-4582-9E57-F21BD2D6EB17.jpeg

Australia opening batsman denies they are worried about the inclusion of Jofra Archer for the Lords test. 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Just read some Moyes quotes about Atalanta Utd stadium in the US so thought I’d have a peek. Certainly no lifeless bowl... 

https://youtu.be/6ZriJc0Wwag

Could do that at Hillsborough surely. Turn the stadium round by 36.4 degrees. Demolish the North, South, West and cop. Demolish the houses behind North. Reroute the main roads. Divert the river. You’re almost there.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, archieswfc said:

The point being that the new stadiums have no individuality, no soul and more importantly no history. Much better to redevelop Hillsborough imo. It's part of a community where people are born as wednesdayites. We have an association with the area and all the surrounding suburbs. You can't recreate that on what will inevitably be bit of unused land off the parkway somewhere, "'cos it's close to the motorway". We'll become the city's second team naturally and permanently. United would be the city's "proper club". We'd be the plastic neighbours out on the industrial estate. 

It was the same at Derby but moving to Pride park with all its links has made a massive positive impact on their finances 

Edited by Bluey9

15 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

It was the same at Derby but moving to Pride park with all its links has made a massive positive impact on their finances 

That positive that like us they've just had to sell their ground.

The direction Juventus took when they replaced the truly soulless Stadio Delle Alpi  bucked the trend of ever bigger stadia with the emphasis on maximising revenue. With a capacity of just over 40,000 they seem to have prioritised fan experience and atmosphere.

I suppose being one of the richest clubs in the world and the best supported team in Italy allowed them to take this route.

New Stadium = Soulless bowl is a bit of an English problem, I think. Across Europe there are examples of more traditional new builds or rebuilds that don't just follow a flat pack template. Kaiserslautern, Mainz, FC Koln and Dortmund spring to mind from Germany. Even then I think it's something English clubs seem to be moving away from.

On Hillsborough, I am generally in favour of considering options and I fully expect this to become a very real reality as soon as we achieve Premier League football. The direction of travel is heading that way and has been for years. The stadiums age and maintenance was bemoaned when we were skint, the Leppings Lane issue has reared its head even more publicly in recent years (and if you think this will remain "under the carpet" should we ever achieve PL football or play Liverpool regularly, you're mistaken) and we're all aware of the ongoing issues with SAG. That we have to make considerations to rows of terracing, or a river, or a dual carriageway, and people talk about buying up houses and turfing people out when we discuss structural changes to Hillsborough, should tell you everything you need to know.

Hillsborough is our home but it's a stadium that causes us problems - whoever you wish to blame for them - and it's naïve to think we'll be in it forever.

Edited by sheffield_dave

On 12/08/2019 at 15:37, billyblack said:

id rather have a flatpack bowl and a decent business model that generates income.

Id prefer however Hillsborough also to have a decent business model that generates income

What I don't like is Hillsborough generating next to nowt and looking like a rusty tin can to boot 

Sound familiar ?

31 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Think the kop is way too tight too and the space between the turnstiles and the back of the stand is just wasted. Be good if they could build to the road and utilise the space properly with proper concourses etc and put in new turnstiles too.

6C101867-91EA-4F59-ABD4-0390FB0646FA.jpeg

Why not build bridge concourse right across Penistone Road 

Guest Grez Bez
9 hours ago, SettleForADraw said:

Think the kop is way too tight too and the space between the turnstiles and the back of the stand is just wasted. Be good if they could build to the road and utilise the space properly with proper concourses etc and put in new turnstiles too.

6C101867-91EA-4F59-ABD4-0390FB0646FA.jpeg

Made these years ago. The height is incredible too.

5.thumb.png.55c9adcce2bbd346ad306b6e111d8369.png

Idea was to build onto the Wednesdayite car park too but don't think we can now:

1.thumb.png.82eec06096778ca6597a7df809a44489.png

From North Penistone Road

2.thumb.png.07f224f205ddd7db9e43897338c90b18.png3.thumb.png.506d9b473a090f474fb48abc9235b685.png

From South Penistone Road

4.thumb.png.ec14cc0b3a6bdd6bcf41a345aa2f46c6.png

Edited by Grez Bez