New stadium

FACT

There are more signs for the the SUFC Academy round Hillsbroro than there are for our stadium. Stupid not to provide signage from the Parkway and Meadowhall junctions to the ground but given how crap the parking is and how congested and riddled with lights Willystone Road is, coming by car must be a nightmare for opposing fans anyway.

If we get to the Prem we should move and the ruddy council should help facilitate it. 

10 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

In fairness, i don't think the disaster should ever be forgotten about.  But i don't think it's affected Wednesday seriously since, albeit i do think there is some OTT segregation that goes on. 

Definitely need to re-develop S6, particularly the LL so that we're actually allowed to see all our seats in the stadium when needed. 

I'd love the club to re-develop the stadium and make it more efficient to run. I don't how realistic that is though, particularly with the lack of space around it. 

In relation to not impacting on the club....

Do you think companies might be put off sponsoring and putting money into the club, if the disaster turns up on top of google searches. 

Also, has it impacted on us create further revenue from hosting other events? 

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Hillsborough Park was gifted to the people of Sheffield.  The council are custodians not owners of the park.

As with all business transactions I’m sure a compromise could and would be reached. Over a 3rd of the park is now a car park now and the other half isn’t used. Plenty of scope for negotiations 

1 hour ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

FACT

There are more signs for the the SUFC Academy round Hillsbroro than there are for our stadium. Stupid not to provide signage from the Parkway and Meadowhall junctions to the ground but given how crap the parking is and how congested and riddled with lights Willystone Road is, coming by car must be a nightmare for opposing fans anyway.

If we get to the Prem we should move and the ruddy council should help facilitate it. 

I drive to every game from over 70 miles away and it’s no worse than any other ground 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I drive to every game from over 70 miles away and it’s no worse than any other ground 

We do have the advantage of knowing the way. If we were visible off the M1 going north and South, a gazillion people a year would know the way. 

Plus we might have room for a car park. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

God bless owlstalkers and their delusions of grandeur.

Agree

Should cater for relative success and failure - designed for 30k with ability to expand to 40 or designed for 40 with ability to seal off sections such that it doesn’t feel empty when there are smaller crowds in. Not often I feel sorry for Sunderland but their place @48k can look deserted when there are 30 thousand Mackams  watching poo poo. 

If 40k is enough for Juventus .....

19 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

God bless owlstalkers and their delusions of grandeur.

Camp Nou has a capacity of around 90k, and they seem to be doing alright!

lol

Edited by bobness

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

In relation to not impacting on the club....

Do you think companies might be put off sponsoring and putting money into the club, if the disaster turns up on top of google searches. 

Also, has it impacted on us create further revenue from hosting other events? 

I don’t know, I guess only someone at the club can confirm that. As far as I can tell though, based on the fact we’ve always had a stadium peppered with sponsors, we’ve never really had a problem with sponsorship. 

In terms of hosting events, again I’m not sure. But how many events have the club tried to put on? I would hazard a guess at none. 

On 11/08/2019 at 23:49, matthefish2002 said:

But just speaking for myself I doubt I would feel the same about going to games if Wednesday moved.

Not saying anything as rash as I would never step foot in a new place but cant see myself making a big effort to go all the time.

Think nearly every club that has moved has lost something they cant really ever get back.

Im sure people said the same when The Wednesday Football Club (aka The Blades) left Olive Grove, our historical and spiritual home, to move to an out of town “new stadium” in some place called Owlerton. 

Times change. 

1 hour ago, 1867Heaven said:

If Chansiri owns the stadium can’t he just rebuild the lepp and it not cost us anything?

Yes he can and that would have potential to increase crowds bringing more money into the club a win -win

9 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

As with all business transactions I’m sure a compromise could and would be reached. Over a 3rd of the park is now a car park now and the other half isn’t used. Plenty of scope for negotiations 

It was a charitable donation that is held on trust.  A 3rd?  Exaggeration never helps an argument.  

9 hours ago, JimmyMaC said:

We havent averaged 30K since the mid 60s,why on earth would we want 50K stadium?

Hillsboro is fine and suits our needs,just needs a really decent upgrade and some smart thinking,along the lines of the last blueprint for the WC bid,wer not a spurs or manu and never will be,but the the old girl is looking  very shabby these days

The leppings Lane is the end that needs levelling just so that no film crew or documentary programme can keep going over old ground regarding the disaster. A new purpose built away end with covered corners for more home fans with refreshments and toilets underneath.

16 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Im sure people said the same when The Wednesday Football Club (aka The Blades) left Olive Grove, our historical and spiritual home, to move to an out of town “new stadium” in some place called Owlerton. 

Times change. 

Wednesday only played at Olive Grove for about 10 years so didn't have time to become our historical home.
Didn't have time for building up the tradition of generations of people walking down the same roads to the games.

I have been to places like Derby, Stoke, Middlesborough, Southampton and always thought what soulless sterile places they were.
Think the best new built stadium is actually Rotherham as its near the town centre so you still feel like you are in Rotherham (Which I must concede might not be an advantage after all).

1 minute ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

The leppings Lane is the end that needs levelling just so that no film crew or documentary programme can keep going over old ground regarding the disaster. A new purpose built away end with covered corners for more home fans with refreshments and toilets underneath.

As much I would hate moving away from Hillsborough I would be the first person to admit the Lepping Lane end needs a new stand. 
Embarrassing its not really changed that much since 1989.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Just rebuilding the existing stadium doesn’t really address many of the problems, a move to another site is needed

Such as?  If you could list them and then give a practical location that is situated within the City, it would be appreciated.