New stadium

Posted this a while ago. A few years ago there was a discussion on 5 live about football grounds and the general consensus was that one of their least football grounds to commentate from was Hillsborough. Difficult to get to and poor parking. As I said it was a few years ago so things may have improved.

20 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I heard the same, also a tv studio between the West and North due to the studio having to be a certain size. Rumoured it would have been flattened had promotion be gained and a office block/tv studio replacing it. 

That would explain the missing seats

Just raising a question here. We are now subject (Thanks to SAG & SYP) to living in a hostile environment in our own back yard. We would take all the garbage with us were we to move anywhere within the confines of South Yorkshire. Maybe we could and even should leave the SYP&SAGSCHIT behind by moving over the border to a number of areas close by. 1. Kirklees 2. Lincs 3. Notts 4 NE Derbys.

Not my choice but SYP under Billings seem to be trying to develop us as their own compliant Cash Cow. 

• Like 1

If we want to have a stadium that can maximise revenues during the week, then it needs to be somewhere in the city. No reason why with proper thought and planning that place can't be Hillsborough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Just raising a question here. We are now subject (Thanks to SAG & SYP) to living in a hostile environment in our own back yard. We would take all the garbage with us were we to move anywhere within the confines of South Yorkshire. Maybe we could and even should leave the SYP&SAGSCHIT behind by moving over the border to a number of areas close by. 1. Kirklees 2. Lincs 3. Notts 4 NE Derbys.

Not my choice but SYP under Billings seem to be trying to develop us as their own compliant Cash Cow. 

We would need the permission of the FA and EFL to leave Sheffield. 

There's a lack of space in the area with enough room to house the new Hillsborough but I think I've cracked it.Could well turn out to be expensive though.

Rebuild Hillsborough where it is but raise it above and across Penistone Rd onto that land as well. Loads of room underneath for parking, shops etc.

A tunnel under the ground would mean there will be no impact on traffic and to raise money we can put tolls on the f**ker. Just visualise that. Come on DC!

lol

It would mean possibly sharing with the scrubbers for a bit if they'd have us though.

On 16/08/2019 at 18:31, selbyowls said:

Don't think we should move outside Sheffield.

However West Ham United moved despite opposition.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-stadium-orient/orient-join-spurs-in-olympic-stadium-protest-idUKTRE73D3I420110414

At least that's still in London albeit not their manor. To move Wednesday out of the city is a pretty stupid idea. This is where we belong and always will belong

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

There's a lack of space in the area with enough room to house the new Hillsborough but I think I've cracked it.Could well turn out to be expensive though.

Rebuild Hillsborough where it is but raise it above and across Penistone Rd onto that land as well. Loads of room underneath for parking, shops etc.

A tunnel under the ground would mean there will be no impact on traffic and to raise money we can put tolls on the f**ker. Just visualise that. Come on DC!

lol

It would mean possibly sharing with the scrubbers for a bit if they'd have us though.

Just like PSG

T1NYT2.jpg

Edited by RockieOwl
  • Like 1