New stadium

Just now, Rogers said:

How would you be able to expand the clubs commercial revenue streams around the Hillsborough area? If we stay or built in the area. 

Why would you be able to increase it if we moved away?

On 11/08/2019 at 11:41, ShaunO1 said:

IF we were to build a new stadium theres no chance it would be in Hillsborough. It'll be on the outskirts somewhere. The nearest I would imagine would be up past stocksbridge.

Stocksbridge with really good transport links? The World Cup plans with a little revision will bring Hillsborough up to FIFA standard 

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

Interesting. Is there a source available for the statistics? I might have missed it earlier

Here you go mate.  No need for thanks.

4 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

50% of wednesdayites live within 30 mins walk of Hillsborough.

90% live within a 20 mins bus ride.

That's 140% of all wednesdayites :wacko:

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

Interesting. Is there a source available for the statistics? I might have missed it earlier

Probably somewhere, but i know. From the ticket office, nearly 10% of tickets go to addresses outside sheffield...usually. For big games, p/o finals etc rises to 14%.

6 hours ago, billyblack said:

doesn't have to be fans though does it, the media wont let it go. 

Don't see people still banging on about Heysel, Iborx or valley parade all the time. For some reason though, Hillsborough keeps churning on. 

The media won't let it go because of the endless enquiries. While ever it's in the news they'll keep reporting on it.

As for the other grounds you mentioned, that's something we need to use in our defence when SAG and SYP inevitably try to close the doors on Hillsborough.

11 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Why would you be able to increase it if we moved away?

Answering a question with a question.

I’m not a marketing or commercial expert, but I’d take a guess at more space for commercial opportunities connected to the stadium (offices, entertainment, food outlets, pubs, sports facilities (6 a side football venues, gym, etc), set up for hosting concerts or other sports. 

In a location where people are more likely to go or hold meetings, generate more sponsorship (advertising) (Is Utd’s ground more appealing to companies in the city than Hillsborough? Do they earn more commercially? (That’s a question) 

Clubs need to earn money 7 days a week these days, are we doing this to our full potential? 

On 11/08/2019 at 12:23, Sham67 said:

It's built on a dual carriageway that runs all the way to the M1.  Is close to a tram route.  Which location do you suggest that meets your criteria better than Hillsborough.

The ground's location is similar to Anfield.  Why didn't Liverpool feel the need to move?

The ideal location would be as stated before would be Hillsborough Park, it ticks every box and would regenerate NW Sheffield which has been neglected for far too long by SCC.

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

The ideal location would be as stated before would be Hillsborough Park, it ticks every box and would regenerate NW Sheffield which has been neglected for far too long by SCC.

Hillsborough Park was gifted to the people of Sheffield.  The council are custodians not owners of the park.

I've got to say, I'm disappointed with some of our fans. SYP and SAG are clearly trying to close OUR home to suit their own agendas, yet some of our fans are already warming to the idea and giving them an easy ride. The disaster stigma will be a lot less when the enquiries finally finish, it is not a reason to close our ground down. VALLEY PARADE IS STILL OPEN!!

It's about time we grew a collective pair and stuck together on this one. Sheffield Wednesday are an historic name in football. We shouldn't be bullied by anyone, least of all a fu.ckin useless police force. 

30 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Stocksbridge with really good transport links? The World Cup plans with a little revision will bring Hillsborough up to FIFA standard 

The stocksbridge  bit was a joke. 

That said I cant think of many new stadiums that arn't built in a out of town. Mainly due to cheap land I'd imagine. 

• Like 1

On 11/08/2019 at 11:41, ShaunO1 said:

IF we were to build a new stadium theres no chance it would be in Hillsborough. It'll be on the outskirts somewhere. The nearest I would imagine would be up past stocksbridge.

Where exactly would you suggest we build a stadium up here ? 

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Probably somewhere, but i know. From the ticket office, nearly 10% of tickets go to addresses outside sheffield...usually. For big games, p/o finals etc rises to 14%.

Don’t ticket get sent electronically these days. 

From the fans ‘I know’ that go to games, there come from; 

Northampton

Oldham 

London

Huddersfield

Wakefield

Derby and surrounding East Midlands

Burton and Lichfield

I must know most of the 10% (9.8%)

But if you work in the ticket office, fair enough. 

Edited by Rogers