New stadium

I don’t post much but this has to be one of the most miserable threads I’ve ever read.

We are privileged enough to play in one of the most fantastic, iconic, quintessentially English football grounds in the country.

The might of the Kop, the second biggest in the game (villas is two tiers), the architecturally fantastic north stand and the iconic south stand. Throw in the river Don, Hillsborough Park, pubs and a thriving community ... you have an absolute dream set up for a football club.

To replace this with a non descript, soulless, cest pit in an out of town, retail park makes me want to self harm.

The ground might need a bit of a tidy up, but seriously have a word with yourselves.

Absolute insanity what I’m reading.

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. Hillsborough.

Sheffield 6.

One of the great football institutions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, winn_owl said:

I don’t post much but this has to be one of the most miserable threads I’ve ever read.

We are privileged enough to play in one of the most fantastic, iconic, quintessentially English football grounds in the country.

The might of the Kop, the second biggest in the game (villas is two tiers), the architecturally fantastic north stand and the iconic south stand. Throw in the river Don, Hillsborough Park, pubs and a thriving community ... you have an absolute dream set up for a football club.

To replace this with a non descript, soulless, cest pit in an out of town, retail park makes me want to self harm.

The ground might need a bit of a tidy up, but seriously have a word with yourselves.

Sheffield 6.

The best post I've read for quite a while.

You should post more often.....

16 minutes ago, winn_owl said:

Sheffield 6.

Postcode: S6 1SW.

15 minutes ago, winn_owl said:

Sheffield 6.

4 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

The best post I've read for quite a while.

You should post more often.....

Pair of you have nailed it!!!  We should remain where we are. It's home ☺

3 hours ago, winn_owl said:

Sheffield 6.

I'm generally in the camp that reluctantly believes we'll end up moving but i have to say that's a fantastic post.

8 hours ago, sjr said:

Fullscreen capture 15082019 203616.jpg

Basically most of the pubs I did my under age drinking in. Missed off the Prince of Wales in Chap and The Acorn in Burncross.

That is the old Smithy Wood coking plant site. The Desso will probably grow given all the dodgy chemicals still around there. 

Used to get a lovely whiff of sulphur at Ecco school if the wind was from the south or east

9 hours ago, winn_owl said:

Sheffield 6.

Exactly how I would've said it if I wasn't a thick cu.nt. 

Footballs about more than good transport links.