A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

For an open attacking team that goes to win games (like Chrissy likes to say) their goal difference of 0 suggests otherwise.

It will be their defence that keeps them up; joint 2nd best in the league, not their attacking returns; 4th worst.

Paper suggests they're looking at Watkins from Brentford.

Good player, though once again a bit of a gamble.

They seem to have little goal threat.

9 point return isn't terrible, but I'm not quite sure why so many are lavishing them with praise. 

Funnily enough, I can see them beating Arsenal in a few weeks. 

30 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

For an open attacking team that goes to win games (like Chrissy likes to say) their goal difference of 0 suggests otherwise.

It will be their defence that keeps them up; joint 2nd best in the league, not their attacking returns; 4th worst.

That defence may not have conceded many but they've certainly ridden their luck in the last couple of games, Liverpool and Watford missed six open goals or one on ones between them - credit to the keeper for some of them but they both also missed chances that were easier to score. 

And you don't get much for £40m worth of attackers these days do you? If Own Goal is misfiring they don't have much threat. 

I thought their defence would be poor this season. I'm not sure any of them are real PL talent but so far they're proving me wrong (As they have also done for the past 2 seasons). 

Not seen them play so not sure if it's just luck and momentum that's keeping them going or if Egan and co are actually very good defenders? 

Hopefully once the gets start coming thick and fast around Christmas they start to fall apart. 

Wilder is notorious for having well drilled organised sides, Ryan Cresswell who played for him at Northampton said this was the main part of training sessions. It seems that to be more solid at the back moving up a level they've lost a large amount of their attacking threat.

On 05/10/2019 at 21:23, Miffed said:

Talksport - Watford should have won

Radio Sheffield. - Watford should have won and had the better chances 

United Fans in P&G - Watford should have won but for Henderson

Wilder  - Players are disappointed and felt we should have won. But we’re in the Prem-yer League and should have beaten the European champions last week 

Pig fans were texting me Saturday night saying they battered Watford. 

Watching match of the day and I watch Watford miss 3 absolute sitters whilst pigs have a couple of shots from outside area where keeper could have smoked a cigar before reacting they were that poor. 

They’re a quarter of the way to getting the points they need to stay up with virtually a quarter of the season gone? They’ve done ok but they can’t afford to lose too many more at home as they will nosedive on their travels at some stage?

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Had the dubious pleasure of being in a sauna with two grunters earlier. One of them said they’ll have a better chance against Man City than they did against Watford as teams like Watford just put 11 men behind the ball.

Think I've logged on to the wrong site! WTF: Too much information.

Danny Hall on Twitter

ANNOUNCE LUNDSTRAM #sufc

Everton midfielder Fabian Delph has pulled out of the England squad this week due to a hamstring strain

Edited by darra
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Had the dubious pleasure of being in a sauna with two grunters earlier. One of them said they’ll have a better chance against Man City than they did against Watford as teams like Watford just put 11 men behind the ball.

You’re not at all how I pictured you ETP. And where was the other one by the way?

12405846-BC23-4BFE-B06B-D6E7406FC0BB.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 05/10/2019 at 17:02, darra said:

On 06/10/2019 at 00:15, hirstyboywonder said:

When they keep losing at home, a point away to the bottom team who haven't kept a clean sheet for 19 games isn't good.

And a team who has not won a game all season

9 hours ago, alanharper said:

And you don't get much for £40m worth of attackers these days do you? If Own Goal is misfiring they don't have much threat. 

Funnily enough I mentioned this to a pig after the result, and his response was they are spreading the goals throughout the team which is better:rolleyes: