A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I was too young to go to Luxembourg or Germany in 92. Have always said that if we ever made it again I would, if necessary, quit a full time teaching job in favour of supply so I could go wherever.

My dad still bemoans that, had we beaten Kaiserslautern, Wednesday would apparently have played Ajax.

Didn’t we play away at Basel in the 1995 Intertoto Cup? Guess at the time we took it all for granted and thought we would do it all again (sigh). 

• Like 1

I thought today Wilder completely out coached Lampard tbh. 

Tactically, United were spot on today and completely deserved their win. 

Picked Chelsea off and then defended very well. 

In a time of "philosophies" United are doing what is required to win. 

Fair play. 

I don’t pretend to even begin to understand the finer intricacies of tactics. But they pile a minimum of 7 players into the box every attack.  Why haven’t teams consistently found a way to exploit that?

Edited by Big Malc

8 hours ago, scram said:

It's what i was getting at in the thread in matchday 

The likes of Dyche and Wilder can just keep treading water (at best) whilst delivering over the odds - or do perform another revolution at a different club

If that were to happen then i'm sure their stock rises to the point where maybe an Arsenal or Spurs type would take a chance on them

I'd be more confident with Dyche than Wilder currently based on his track record

next season could be very different for the pigs - it's how he adapts to that challenge which will define him

Danny Wilson had a great first season in the premier with barnsley for eg

Guys like Hughton seem more adept at getting clubs up than keeping them there

It's stickability in the premier that counts - and Dyche has already displayed that against continual odds

i think your kidding yourself, we’ve been saying this for nearly 5 years, Wilder is the dream ticket for them and we’re gonna have to suck it up because he’s proved that their success is no fluke. 

he’s quality and listening to the players on Sky he demands everything from them or they’re out, unlike our spineless fookers, he’s their Fergie, and he won’t stop, if we think he’s gonna be attracted by another club your wishful thinking 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I was too young to go to Luxembourg or Germany in 92. Have always said that if we ever made it again I would, if necessary, quit a full time teaching job in favour of supply so I could go wherever.

My dad still bemoans that, had we beaten Kaiserslautern, Wednesday would apparently have played Ajax.

I’m 27 have 2 kids and can’t remember us in the prem...its a sad state, I only think of us as a second tier club even then we’ve only had a couple of seasons to shout about. My uncle tells me about how the 90’s, but I just want us have some success for once. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, beswetherick said:

I absolutely despise the pigs but Wilder/Knill are one hell of a management team. I think we have to prepare for the worst in terms of them playing in Europe but let me dream for a moment... how funny would it be if they fúcked it up from here?

F••kng it up would be not qualifying  for Europe in their first season back in the top league ? Really ?

If we look a little closer to home I think we will find a clearer example of a club f..king it up

• Like 1

Guest The Horse
7 minutes ago, ATBS said:

F••kng it up would be not qualifying  for Europe in their first season back in the top league ? Really ?

If we look a little closer to home I think we will find a clearer example of a club f..king it up

It would be.

Don't think they'll get a better chance than this in their entire history.

Hit the jackpot by finding one of the best managers in the land down the back of the sofa, go on a once-in-a-lifetime run to the Prem at the same time that many of the big clubs are having seasons of transition.

If they missed out this season, can you seriously see Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs, spluttering again next time around?

It's now or never for them.

Three games left.

Twitchy bum time.

Be great to see Vardy bang in a killer goal to their hopes though wouldn't it mate?

44 minutes ago, ATBS said:

lol 

Calm down pal, I’m under no illusions as to how much of a mess we are as a club and I’d give my left boIlock to be in their position, as much as that pains me to say... I just want them to fúck it up (but I doubt they will now) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

It would be.

Don't think they'll get a better chance than this in their entire history.

Hit the jackpot by finding one of the best managers in the land down the back of the sofa, go on a once-in-a-lifetime run to the Prem at the same time that many of the big clubs are having seasons of transition.

If they missed out this season, can you seriously see Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs, spluttering again next time around?

It's now or never for them.

Three games left.

Twitchy bum time.

Be great to see Vardy bang in a killer goal to their hopes though wouldn't it mate?

Vardy will score like he did at their place. I can't see them getting a Europa League place anyway as they have struggled away from hone since lockdown and the have Leicester and Southampton away left. Next season will be a different prospect altogether for them but unfortunately this season has been resounding successful them even if they lose the next 3 games 

Honestly, they've been very good this season.

Looked like the bubble had burst when they initially came back after lockdown, they not only beat Chelsea yesterday, but completely nullified them in the process.

tbh - as much as the prospect of Europa League may sound very good at this time, having a much smaller squad than most and having to compete on a number of footings wouldn't be the way they would want to grow. Wilder is very selective about who he brings into the group, and having to go on a mass recruitment drive only leaves it open to getting a few wrong. 

I hate it, but fair play to them.

14 hours ago, scram said:

It's what i was getting at in the thread in matchday 

The likes of Dyche and Wilder can just keep treading water (at best) whilst delivering over the odds - or do perform another revolution at a different club

If that were to happen then i'm sure their stock rises to the point where maybe an Arsenal or Spurs type would take a chance on them

I'd be more confident with Dyche than Wilder currently based on his track record

next season could be very different for the pigs - it's how he adapts to that challenge which will define him

Danny Wilson had a great first season in the premier with barnsley for eg

Guys like Hughton seem more adept at getting clubs up than keeping them there

It's stickability in the premier that counts - and Dyche has already displayed that against continual odds

They got relegated in Wilsons season in charge in the Prem. Hardly a glowing endorsement 

22 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

They got relegated in Wilsons season in charge in the Prem. Hardly a glowing endorsement 

Memory playing tricks on me

I still think replicating this season will be difficult for them 

And it gets more difficult each year

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, scram said:

Memory playing tricks on me

I still think replicating this season will be difficult for them 

And it gets more difficult each year

They remind me of Bournemouth. A little more successful first season up though, right?  

I'm surprised Leicester is still in the Prem. And that Vardy is still with them. 

Guest The Horse

I'm not keeping quiet.

It's just football after all!

They could win every major trophy going ten seasons in a row with us playing in the conference.

I'll still keep telling them they're a bunch of smelly tramps that were formed out of misery and spite when we left Bramall Lane. 😁😁

Just now, The Horse said:

I'm not keeping quiet.

It's just football after all!

They could win every major trophy going ten seasons in a row with us playing in the conference.

I'll still keep telling them they're a bunch of smelly tramps that were formed out of misery and spite when we left Bramall Lane. 😁😁

👏👏👏👏👏👏

6 hours ago, ATBS said:

Why do blades on here refer to their own club as "they", "their", or "them"? 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Big Malc said:

I don’t pretend to even begin to understand the finer intricacies of tactics. But they pile a minimum of 7 players into the box every attack.  What haven’t teams consistently found a way to exploit that?

Have you noticed that when teams break on them, they suddenly have loads of players back defending. They're either super fit or they play with 16 men.