A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

5 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Still doesn't change my opinion of him, he's bang average, let's have it right Spurs are in decline, Rhodes would have probably scored against them. 

Twitter is always a laugh though, the amount of them tonight going on about what a striker McBurnie is etc and Berge is all of a sudden best midfielder in the Premiership. Neither of them tonight changed my mind, just hilarious how much the pigs actually spent on the pair.

what does that make our lot...

Its odd how the 3 games they played in the hot summer sun,they ran out of steam quickly and tonight in the rain theyve looked lively and energetic,I still reckon,once the heat comes back after the weekend theyl blow up,their pressing game saps the legs.

Whatever theyve been on a terrific ride under wilder to the brink of europe from mid table league one in 4 years is some achievement bet their wage bill is still less than ours!

11 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Still doesn't change my opinion of him, he's bang average, let's have it right Spurs are in decline, Rhodes would have probably scored against them. 

Twitter is always a laugh though, the amount of them tonight going on about what a striker McBurnie is etc and Berge is all of a sudden best midfielder in the Premiership. Neither of them tonight changed my mind, just hilarious how much the pigs actually spent on the pair.

Just as well games are being played behind closed doors because I think Spurs fans would be getting very restless. Fantastic new stadium, sold the vision that it would propel them to the next level, and yet it looks like they could now miss out on Europe altogether next season. Going for Jose is increasingly looking like a desperate mistake by Levy. 

21 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Just as well games are being played behind closed doors because I think Spurs fans would be getting very restless. Fantastic new stadium, sold the vision that it would propel them to the next level, and yet it looks like they could now miss out on Europe altogether next season. Going for Jose is increasingly looking like a desperate mistake by Levy. 

Still think it was criminal of them getting rid of Poch. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Spurs look devoid of any creativity. They were also wretched at the back, but then what do you expect with Dier and Sanchez.

To be honest I thought Sanchez looked decent when he first came on the scene. Dier I've never rated, always thought he's the classic case of another English footballer who is totally overhyped purely on the basis of him playing for one of the Premier League big boys. O and his haircut looks absolutely horrific.

Seen a few people saying  the pigs were due a var decision after the villa goal that never was. Didn't realise that was in the rules. The decision last night was ridiculous, disgraceful even. Moura was fouled which put him on the floor for the ball to hit his arm/back. I actually wonder if they're ruling goals out with stuff like this to make a point, you asked for video refs, look what crap they cause. 

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Seen a few people saying  the pigs were due a var decision after the villa goal that never was. Didn't realise that was in the rules. The decision last night was ridiculous, disgraceful even. Moura was fouled which put him on the floor for the ball to hit his arm/back. I actually wonder if they're ruling goals out with stuff like this to make a point, you asked for video refs, look what crap they cause. 

It’s not the decision that was wrong the decision was to the letter of the rules, that’s the issue the rules are a farce. 

1 hour ago, darra said:

Wilder seems to be a bit quiet giving his opinions on dodgy VAR decisions today. Not seen any mentions yet.

he’s been on Sly sports news saying it should have been disallowed....along with other prem mangers and. Refs and that the rule needs changing 

• Thanks 1

What annoys me about some of our fan base is that we slag off that lot in the hope they’ll blow up, whilst we’re floundering, we should use some of that energy into trying to put pressure on our owner to actually speak to us in terms of the hell is going on with our club...we’re just happy to watch whilst the club gets pummelled into the ground. 

Whilst ever we’re happy to nod along like those bloody Chinese cat things then nothings going to change and we’ll continue to be a mediocre mid champ team, hoping that the lot will fail rather than us succeeding. 

Rant over. 

Edited by BrucieBonus
  • Like 3

It's not that people are happy - but we are powerless to force the owner to act

We weren't having these debates when we were going to Wembley and getting to the play offs in the first 2 years

Where were the dissenting around financial mismanagement voices then?

People on here were getting lynched for suggesting the owner was not the greatest thing in evolution

Anyway this is a thread designed to wallow in the pigs misfortunes - or lament their success

Not to gripe about our club

There are hundreds of those threads to do that

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

It is because people wanted to take nuance out of the game - i include quite a lot of fans in that

Those that thought the game with millions of variables and multitude of opinions could be pared down into a game of nothing but certain facts

I have now seen the pigs have 2 perfectly legitimate goals scored against them yet ruled out - West Ham and Spurs

And every week we see VAR controversy - and yes, some have worked against the porkers

It is so dreadfully unsatisfactory because the authorities haven't accounted for nuance or circumstance

To make handball a hard and fast rule along the lines of ball over the line just sums up the incompetent shower running the game 

It is just like saying that any contact with an opposition player will be deemed a foul

They are ruining football for people like me so they better hope there are legions of fans who will accept the absolute travesty that they have foisted on the game

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our game is really struggling when the rule makers and technology wizards can come up with a decision as bonkers as that and it is deemed correct.

And I still don’t get ,if the goal was disallowed , why wasn’t the outcome a free kick to Spurs for the foul. 
Has anybody explained that?

5 hours ago, scram said:

It's not that people are happy - but we are powerless to force the owner to act

We weren't having these debates when we were going to Wembley and getting to the play offs in the first 2 years

Where were the dissenting around financial mismanagement voices then?

People on here were getting lynched for suggesting the owner was not the greatest thing in evolution

Anyway this is a thread designed to wallow in the pigs misfortunes - or lament their success

Not to gripe about our club

There are hundreds of those threads to do that

2 years of excitement in 20...hardly anything  to get excited about is it, and it’s more than just the financial mire we find ourselves in..how the fans have been treated has been appalling...I’m not going to list all the poo we’ve had to cope with as we’re all too familiar with it. 

I’d post this on another thread but it seems that the powers that be on here are much like our esteemed leader..if they don’t like what you’ve got to say you get censored... 

we all like to just bury our head in the sand and happily walk into oblivion 

The chairman is a disgrace and he needs to go. 

Edited by BrucieBonus

Guest gizowl
16 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Our game is really struggling when the rule makers and technology wizards can come up with a decision as bonkers as that and it is deemed correct.

And I still don’t get ,if the goal was disallowed , why wasn’t the outcome a free kick to Spurs for the foul. 
Has anybody explained that?

The problem has always been there football is run by non football people, most referees are incompetent we should be encouraging ex players, young players who don't make it to professional standard to go into refereeing. They have had excuses for years for their mistakes, game so fast  vision blocked etc. , now they have the technology and still can't get it right it's showing the refs up even more to be a load of incompetent fools. It's the same with all the governing bodies, you need people like Gary Neville, Frank Lampard , Steve Bruce, Alan Shearer,Ian Wright on these committees that have played the game, know and lived the game,these are the sort of people who should be making rule changes, recruiting potential referees and how they are trained. Our game and how it's governed atm is becoming a total farce and I can only see it getting worse. For the good and savour of our wonderful game, it's time for change.