A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

7 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Easier said than done at PL level! It's not worked out for them recently doing that

Really, which of their players have flopped then?  In the games I have watched lately Berge looks good, whether it's 20m good might remain to be seen, but he is hardly out of his depth.  That Osborne lad who they got for fizz all from Forest looks very tidy. And whilst not being prolific, both of the strikers they signed for big money in the summer are getting a few goals, and putting in shifts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sova said:

The way results have been going for them lately, they still might get into the Champions League, particularly if Man City are kicked out, especially if they can beat Leicester on Thursday (Leicester finish against Spurs and Man Utd; Chelsea and Wolves also play each other on the last day). And yes, they seem unbelievably fit, particularly the core of the side -when it comes to minutes played this season, 7 of the top 54 players in the Premier League play for them, and 4 of them have started every game (and Henderson would have too had he been allowed to play against Man Utd).

Was thinking I spoke too soon when saw the Leicester result.

CL not off the table is it.

5 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Really, which of their players have flopped then?  In the games I have watched lately Berge looks good, whether it's 20m good might remain to be seen, but he is hardly out of his depth.  That Osborne lad who they got for fizz all from Forest looks very tidy. And whilst not being prolific, both of the strikers they signed for big money in the summer are getting a few goals, and putting in shifts.

Morrison.

Rodwell.

Besic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cardiffowl06 said:

So 3 compared the the majority of our squad. 

This is a thread about United. A poster asked about players who had something to prove failing at United.

If you want to moan about our squad, start a thread.

1 hour ago, markowl said:

Morrison.

Rodwell.

Besic.

Morrison was practically guaranteed to do what Morison always does. A bizarre signing but probably seen as worth a punt for little money.

Rodwell has barely played from what I can see, so is probably just cover.

Besic did really well by all accounts, and the grunters I know wanted him to sign permanently before he was recalled.

Not followed them that closely just reading this thread and watched them on sky a couple of times. Over the last couple of seasons, they seem to.have been very lucky with injuries and kept a settled side. Be interesting to see what would happen should that change

1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

Morrison was practically guaranteed to do what Morison always does. A bizarre signing but probably seen as worth a punt for little money.

Rodwell has barely played from what I can see, so is probably just cover.

Besic did really well by all accounts, and the grunters I know wanted him to sign permanently before he was recalled.

He played 9 games 

:duntmatter:

4 hours ago, nickswfc said:

Was thinking I spoke too soon when saw the Leicester result.

CL not off the table is it.

Well at least City's ban has been lifted. But if the pigs can win their last 3 games, they've got a great chance of finishing at least 5th.

44 minutes ago, Sova said:

Well at least City's ban has been lifted. But if the pigs can win their last 3 games, they've got a great chance of finishing at least 5th.

And if they don’t and wolves arsenal spurs and Burnley they finish mid table. Which would still be a remarkable achievement. At least with Man Us current form the CL does look out of reach

7 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Best case scenario they lose they're remaining games but still achieve a top 10 finish. A huge achievement by them. Just hope second season syndrome kicks in.

That’s exactly what will happen imo, teams will suss them out imo 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've got to the point where I hope England come calling for Wilder.

I don't see them imploding whilst he is there. He just seems to be a really impressive motivator and man manager.

He is literally performing miracles. It's horrendously impressive.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

That’s exactly what will happen imo, teams will suss them out imo 

I've never understood this. Why would the top coaches in the country only suss them out in the close season? Why not after playing them once, or just by watching them play during the season?

The opposition already know exactly how they're going to play, but knowing what their system is doesn't make it any easier to play against. 

They’re not getting “ sussed out” because there’s nothing to “ suss out”. Same as when Wilkinson took over, it wasn’t about tactics, everyone knew how we played, it was about the sheer finess and determination of the team. Wilder has got them running through brick walls. 

• Like 2