A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

13 hours ago, Shifty Powers said:

I know we shouldn’t really care what they do - but deary me, our demise is made 1000x times worst seeing them playing for Europe in the PL.

I absolutely hate it! 

They aren't exactly a bed of roses off field either.

Just happened to have stumbled upon one of the best English managers in the country. 

Lucky, lucky ********. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

They aren't exactly a bed of roses off field either.

Just happened to have stumbled upon one of the best English managers in the country. 

Lucky, lucky ********. 

Or assistant manager?

30 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

They're clearly a very good team.

As much as I want to hate Wilder I'm always impressed when he speaks. Doesn't come across as bitter and confrontational like Colin used to. 

Unless he's throwing in little digs at us, like some overly obsessed ex girlfriend. 

But him and Knill have done wonders there. Some of those players are currently playing like worldies too.

Also, you have to admire how they manage to pick the team up. Whenever they seem on a slump they some how manage to come out of it quickly enough. I guess that's the team spirit they have, they all play with smiles on their faces and play for each other. 

17 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I’m watching them now and they’re competing well against Wolves, working hard, well drilled etc.

But hinchcliffe was saying how they play ‘silky football’. Many other commentators say similar.

I think that’s a bit of a myth which is somehow perpetuated. Don’t get me wrong, I’d give my right arm to be where they are, playing how they do. But this passing, attacking football I keep hearing about doesn’t tally with what I have seen this season.

I think there seems to be two distinct sides to their play. They can battle it out with the best when they need to to stop the opposition playing, their energy levels and fitness are outstanding. On the other hand they seem to have albeit briefer spells in most games where they play some really good possession and passing football, there’s no point denying it, and it’s in these spells when they tend to score goals like they did against Spurs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Growl67 said:

I think there seems to be two distinct sides to their play. They can battle it out with the best when they need to to stop the opposition playing, their energy levels and fitness are outstanding. On the other hand they seem to have albeit briefer spells in most games where they play some really good possession and passing football, there’s no point denying it, and it’s in these spells when they tend to score goals like they did against Spurs. 

They were absolutely awful v MUFC and NUFC, but they stick to the plan and I think the word to describe them is cohesion.  I hate it but they are everything you want as a fan.  No fancy dans or histrionics, fight to the end, hardly ever injured, fit as a butchers dog, play for each other, no moaning or blaming each other, get on with it.  They've made some mistakes in the transfer market, but not many. Compare that with us paying pedestrian players like Reach huge wages, not to mention Rhodes, Abdi, Boyd,etc. They get value for money players as opposed to us, the only VFM players we have are Nuhiu and Bannan. 

The turnaround in 4 years sickens me (in football terms). Yes, they got lucky with Wilder but no-one else picked him up did they.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

They were absolutely awful v MUFC and NUFC, but they stick to the plan and I think the word to describe them is cohesion.  I hate it but they are everything you want as a fan.  No fancy dans or histrionics, fight to the end, hardly ever injured, fit as a butchers dog, play for each other, no moaning or blaming each other, get on with it.  They've made some mistakes in the transfer market, but not many. Compare that with us paying pedestrian players like Reach huge wages, not to mention Rhodes, Abdi, Boyd,etc. They get value for money players as opposed to us, the only VFM players we have are Nuhiu and Bannan. 

The turnaround in 4 years sickens me (in football terms). Yes, they got lucky with Wilder but no-one else picked him up did they.

He was about to sign a contract with Charlton when he got a call on the pig phone. God I wish Charlton were a bit quicker to get him signed up.

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

A Premier League footballer who was transferred for £20m is only on £20k pw? Doubtful.

I’d imagine if that’s what the fine is, that’s what his weekly wage is. 

Maybe all of their players are on lower weekly wages but have significant goal and appearance bonuses? That might be why he’s got them running through brick walls. 

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

A Premier League footballer who was transferred for £20m is only on £20k pw? Doubtful.

Maybe it's a United thing I mean Ched couldn't pay his mortgage or summat?

17 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Results keep going for them too don’t they. 

Can’t wait to see them in Europe next season while we’re playing Crewe away. 

Dont forget the trip to Joeys fleetwood,what a day that will be,re union with Glenn Whelan as well