A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Same here mate. As someone who has grown up on the tales of Spora Luxembourg and Kaiserslautern I would love to experience that. 

Yep - I’m in the same boat here lad. I’ve done an england trip before, but can’t imagine what it would be like with Wednesday.

What an experience it would be. 

Edited by Shifty Powers

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Same here mate. As someone who has grown up on the tales of Spora Luxembourg and Kaiserslautern I would love to experience that. 

They'll be no travelling though as they'll be no fans at the games. I genuinely can't see fans in football stadiums until 2021.

Oh well qualifying for Europe isn't all that anymore. They will be joining an illustrious list of Burnley, Hull, Swansea, Wigan and Birmingham. When we qualified by finishing 3rd that competition was for more established sides. These days Fulham and Middlesbrough can go all the way to the final. 

They have a system and players that execute it clinically.I actually don't mind watching them which is putting me into therapy.

I watch these so called top team's pass, pass and pass it again around the back and midfield but in too safe and sterile, and they lack fight and any desire when someone's in their face.

Fair play to Wilder - he's got a formula for success in that league. They'll only struggle against similar opposition or Liverpool/Man C.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Animis said:

They have a system and players that execute it clinically.I actually don't mind watching them which is putting me into therapy.

I watch these so called top team's pass, pass and pass it again around the back and midfield but in too safe and sterile, and they lack fight and any desire when someone's in their face.

Fair play to Wilder - he's got a formula for success in that league. They'll only struggle against similar opposition or Liverpool/Man C.

I’m similar mate. If they weren’t the pigs I’d be full of admiration for the way in which an English management team has come from league one and is showing many of these overpaid fancy dans how to play. Instead of being bitter, Wednesday should be looking to try and emulate many of those key ingredients. The pigs have got a team of players who will run through brick walls for the club. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

I don't think wilder will ever get a big club. Can't see many fans wanting his over a European coach, which is a tad unfair. Rather have him I charge (piggy face notwithstanding) than Lamps or Ollie 

They were talking about Dyche on 5 Live earlier: the real big boys won’t want him, the step under (Newcastle, Everton, Villa) are either sorted or going down... a manager like that has to know when to go, or will miss the boat like Howe at Bournemouth.

The best way I could see chief pig leaving them would be if England bomb next summer and he has another good season next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I’m similar mate. If they weren’t the pigs I’d be full of admiration for the way in which an English management team has come from league one and is showing many of these overpaid fancy dans how to play. Instead of being bitter, Wednesday should be looking to try and emulate many of those key ingredients. The pigs have got a team of players who will run through brick walls for the club. 

I've seen them play the three 'big' London clubs; Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea - scored 7, against 1 - 9 points.

It's no coincidence and each game followed a similar pattern - give these so-called better players possession - 60-70% and hit them on the break. 

It may be a one-season wonder but other clubs have done similar - Burnley for e.g. I fully expect Leeds to do similar next season with their high-tempo game. 

As you say, this is something we should be emulating, not dissimilar to the 3-0 Arsenal game in 2015.

11 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

They were talking about Dyche on 5 Live earlier: the real big boys won’t want him, the step under (Newcastle, Everton, Villa) are either sorted or going down... a manager like that has to know when to go, or will miss the boat like Howe at Bournemouth.

It's what i was getting at in the thread in matchday 

The likes of Dyche and Wilder can just keep treading water (at best) whilst delivering over the odds - or do perform another revolution at a different club

If that were to happen then i'm sure their stock rises to the point where maybe an Arsenal or Spurs type would take a chance on them

I'd be more confident with Dyche than Wilder currently based on his track record

next season could be very different for the pigs - it's how he adapts to that challenge which will define him

Danny Wilson had a great first season in the premier with barnsley for eg

Guys like Hughton seem more adept at getting clubs up than keeping them there

It's stickability in the premier that counts - and Dyche has already displayed that against continual odds

• Like 1

Just now, scram said:

It's what i was getting at in the thread in matchday 

The likes of Dyche and Wilder can just keep treading water (at best) whilst delivering over the odds - or do perform another revolution at a different club

If that were to happen then i'm sure their stock rises to the point where maybe an Arsenal or Spurs type would take a chance on them

I'd be more confident with Dyche than Wilder currently based on his track record

next season could be very different for the pigs - it's how he adapts to that challenge which will define him

Danny Wilson had a great first season in the premier with barnsley for eg

Guys like Hughton seem more adept at getting clubs up than keeping them there

It's stickability in the premier that counts - and Dyche has already displayed that against continual odds

Largely agree, apart from Spurs or Arsenal being interested. I can only see any truly big (by modern criteria) appointing an English manager if they were a famous player previously. Through gritted teeth I admire wilder’s achievements, but if, for example, Jose left Spurs, there’s more chance of them pursuing Gerrard than Wilder or Dyche.

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Largely agree, apart from Spurs or Arsenal being interested. I can only see any truly big (by modern criteria) appointing an English manager if they were a famous player previously. Through gritted teeth I admire wilder’s achievements, but if, for example, Jose left Spurs, there’s more chance of them pursuing Gerrard than Wilder or Dyche.

Currently yes of course

That's why i see the best next move for managers like them to maybe take a step back and do another amazing rebuilding job - rather than steps sideways and just step straight back into all the problems and over-expectancy that they had just left behind

I do take the point about the big clubs and i firmly believe that Lampard only got the Chelsea gig because they were under embargo and knew that top managers would not want to work under those restrictions - so it was expedient more than inspired

• Like 1

Hate to say it as I can't stand the bloke but Wilder should be manager of the season.

The results that they are achieving with the players at his disposal are unbelievable.

You put an injury or problem in front of him and he comes up with an answer.

I think if Bruce had flopped at Newcastle he would be on their shopping list, mates a Villa fan and he would love him to go there.

• Like 1